Latest PSU headlines:

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 616 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    No, something else is going on.

Look 720p with a 64 bit buffer + Stencil=7 mb.
    Throw in you AA (say 4xMSAA)=52mb.

Way more than 32mb anyway. I guess with all the compression techniques they are using you "might" be able to squeeze it into 32mb. But that's something that so variable you would not want to guarantee it will fit.

There is some missing piece of the puzzle here. The only thing I can think of is MS simply hasn't been able to get these drivers up to speed enough to allow guranteed stabilty at anything but 720p.

Better as a dev to plumb for a baseline you know works.

One thing for sure is, the PS4 is a far more sensible straightforward beast to work with.
    But crippling a game to 45% of what you getting out of the oppositions GPU? Thats a screw up somewhere.
    I know people talk about a 50% better ROP output, but this...this is over 125%!
    Like i said dude, I can think of a few things that don't fit in 32MB.

2. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    @Rapture - Wow, your response sounds pretty touchy especially when I said my comment wasn't directed at anybody in particular but hey, if the shoe fits then wear it.And asking for greater games? No, it sounds like exactly what I said it was.
    You responded directly to me, I have it quoted in my response before you edited your post. You can't group a person falsely then remark on their baffled response as evidence to your initial claim. Nice try, though.

And asking for greater games? No, it sounds like exactly what I said it was.
    Who are these people you speak of? Anyone complaining or yearning for a new experience is entailed to their opinion, and for good purpose. They're not doing it for no reason, but instead because they're tired of the what's been given to them by the industry. They want better games. They want more variety. They want expanded gameplay features and mechanics. Your entire post is false and relies purely on misconceptions and gross generalizations.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    not directed at anybody, but when people say "i want innovation" and yet when it does come out and NOBODY buys it....well.....it kind of backfires....

5. Likes MartyRules, mistercrow likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    not directed at anybody, but when people say "i want innovation" and yet when it does come out and NOBODY buys it....well.....it kind of backfires....
    It's a good thing that some of us expect actual games to be innovative rather than consoles chasing after SmartTV functionality.. as if that really is "innovation" in the first place.

Frankly, I think most people saying it completely bastardize the word.
    Last edited by Lefein; 10-30-2013 at 23:44.

7. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    You responded directly to me, I have it quoted in my response before you edited your post. You can't group a person falsely then remark on their baffled response as evidence to your initial claim. Nice try, though. Who are these people you speak of? Anyone complaining or yearning for a new experience is entailed to their opinion, and for good purpose. They're not doing it for no reason, but instead because they're tired of the what's been given to them by the industry. They want better games. They want more variety. They want expanded gameplay features and mechanics. Your entire post is false and relies purely on misconceptions.
    lol I edited the post because it was a general statement and made it sound like it wasnt so I corrected it. But youre obviously still taking it to heart. Anyway, we obviously disagree on this and as I said not worth bickering over. Theres a difference between what youre describing and what I see alot of across internet forums. Not saying all of it is invalid. I hear people complain when something new gets tried I hear people complain when it stays the same. Just because you disagree with me doesn't make what I'm saying false. Just means you disagree. Nice try. Anyway, this is going off topic so anything else you want to say to me regarding this you can say it in a pm. I'm going back to the topic.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-30-2013 at 23:49.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Things have been really embarrassing for the Xbox One lately, but surely CoD: Ghosts should have been at least 900p. It doesn't look that great overall. This smells like lazy development.
    What did you expect? it's infinity ward. The cash keeps rolling in.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yep exactly.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    No, they're right. The graphics are nice and the resolution is bigger but these are still current gen games on next gen hardware. None of them have introduced revolutionary or innovative gameplay ideas or mechanics. I see people talking about the Owl in Killzone as innovative; it's not, its just another game play AI like the lil robots you can conjure in Ratchet and Clank, but flashier.

There is more innovation happening on current gen than next; DUST 514 is an example. While it's early in development, what it is working towards just blows everything coming out at launch and even in the launch window. It's all very nice making flashy games at 1080p but the fact that CCP were able to create a cross genre, cross platform super IP with players from both platforms linked together in a universe of 7500 solar systems all on a super server called Tranquility just blows all that stuff out the water. It will take more than feats of programming to really wow me next gen, I want to see more people doing what CCP is doing; pioneering programming, hardware and content to create truly unique experiences.

I have heard elsewhere that BF4 is BF3.5 and CoD is in the same boat. No next gen game that I've seen dares to do anything new...YET! I'm sure we will see those titles once 7th gen is put on the back burner and devs can make games that dont have to reach some kind of compromising parity.
    you just want more cannon fodder for your syndicate.

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

Friendship is Carrots
    lol I edited the post because it was a general statement
    Seems more like you made an erroneous choice and knew exactly what you were doing, but decided to change it before I saw it. The difference here is separate lines of thought, so it's particularly odd that you'd jump track like that.

but youre obviously still taking it to heart.
    This implies that I'm taking things personally, which is a dubious claim. All that's happened is me correcting and clarifying what's been stated. Indeed, the very act of responding cannot be accounted as "Taking it to heart." Certainly seems like a red herring to me.

Just because you disagree with me doesn't make what I'm saying false. Nice try.
    I don't disagree with you. I just recognize that you're demonstrably incorrect.

This is likely due to such people not being enough in numbers to create a change in sales, and thus also incapable of affecting the industry much.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    What did you expect? it's infinity ward. The cash keeps rolling in.
    Hell, even Ryse which was supposed to be a Kinect title originally, has teh no ennovashunz now.

What say you guys?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Oh geez, here goes Ghost with the Dust 514 speech again. lol
    But am I wrong in what I'm saying? Or are pople really more impressed with 1080p 60fps than someone doing something different? I go on about DUST 514 but only because I appreciate that someone is trying something really pioneering and unique. It is already a much deeper game than all military FPS games combined and offer way more tactical gameplay and has way more customisation and progression, has a 10 year roadmap of development, will be on PS4 and is shaping up to be a high class AAA F2P game.

Think I'll make a D514 vid and show y'all why I babble on about it all the time.

Edit: forgive my OTness. I'll shuddup.
    Last edited by Ghost; 10-31-2013 at 00:01.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Well, that was a load of irrelevant nonsense. All I've ever expressed is how tired I am of being leashed down corridors and told what to do and where to go in shooters. The shooter genre is in stagnation, and has been for years. Something needs to break the mold, or at least offer some key variations to spice things up. Running around and shooting some guys in small, static environments before being told to move on is not very stimulating anymore.

You should be happy that 'whiners' like me exist, because we're the ones asking for greater games.
    KZSF is not a corridor shooter so it actually answers your "weariness", beyond that what you are describing is GTA 4 in first person mode, Since you don't care about things getting prettier, I suggest you try that.

Who am i Kidding, If XBONE version was 1080p and PS4 was 720p, in your eyes COD:Ghosts would suddenly represent a seminal moment of the FPS gaming genre in your eyes, amirite?

BTW I guess now we know Thuway, FamousMortimer and Cboat shouldn't be doubted.

Last edited by victorijapoosp; 10-31-2013 at 00:22.

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

16. Likes Lefein likes this post
    Forum Elder
    I want 3d to survive. Im currently playing uncharted 3 in 3d and that game looks amazing.

I also want a good 360° VR system. To really be immersed in the game.

joke, I also want a hollodeck like in star trek tng /joke. I wish though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Seems more like you made an erroneous choice and knew exactly what you were doing, but decided to change it before I saw it. The difference here is separate lines of thought, so it's particularly odd that you'd jump track like that. This implies that I'm taking things personally, which is a dubious claim. All that's happened is me correcting and clarifying what's been stated. Indeed, the very act of responding cannot be accounted as "Taking it to heart." Certainly seems like a red herring to me. I don't disagree with you. I just recognize that you're demonstrably incorrect. This is likely due to such people not being enough in numbers to create a change in sales, and thus also incapable of affecting the industry much.
    Lmao! Yeah ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    But am I wrong in what I'm saying? Or are pople really more impressed with 1080p 60fps than someone doing something different? I go on about DUST 514 but only because I appreciate that someone is trying something really pioneering and unique. It is already a much deeper game than all military FPS games combined and offer way more tactical gameplay and has way more customisation and progression, has a 10 year roadmap of development, will be on PS4 and is shaping up to be a high class AAA F2P game. Think I'll make a D514 vid and show y'all why I babble on about it all the time. Edit: forgive my OTness. I'll shuddup.
    I'm not saying youre right or wrong. We all have our different games that we enjoy. What would be boring is if we all enjoyed the same thing.
    Last edited by Admartian; 10-31-2013 at 00:40. Reason: Double post.

Veteran
    Mort and Thuway dead on the money with the insider info. Nice!

CBOAT as well as he said 1080p would be the exception and not the rule on Xbone.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Mort and Thuway dead on the money with the insider info. Nice! CBOAT as well as he said 1080p would be the exception and not the rule on Xbone.
    Yep, more #truthfact.

Friendship is Carrots
    KZSF is not a corridor shooter so it actually answers your "weariness", beyond that what you are describing is GTA 4 in first person mode, Since you don't care about things getting prettier, I suggest you try that.
    How has anything I've said reminded you of a first-person GTA4? Actually, I thought GTA4 was pretty repetitive and boring.

Who am i Kidding, If XBONE version was 1080p and PS4 was 720p, in your eyes COD:Ghosts would suddenly represent a seminal moment of the FPS gaming genre in your eyes, amirite?
    That's exactly what I've been implying all this time.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Master Sage
    I would really like to see a shooter that combines advanced AI with world destruction, maybe with some light parkour elements. That would be really fun.
    You mean like this?

One new enhancement to the campaign will allow you to carve your way through walls by planting explosives and simply gunning through them. Combined with the protagonist’s scan ability, this will allow you to sneak up on foes and take them by surprise.
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/...since_february

Ultimate Veteran
    I think a strong case could be made that KillZone will open developers eyes to what they can do to open up gameplay options for gamers. I hope the game takes off well. Corridor shooters are just so 90's.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    You mean like this?
    I've seen that. Sounds nice, but I'll need to see it in action first. Those kind of things are always limited, only applicable to certain walls. I had something closer to Red Faction: Guerrilla on my mind.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I think of 007 Golden Eye campaign when thinking about Killzone:SF. Not open world but big enough to give it the feel of not being guided down a narrow path.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

26. Likes Nerevar likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    I want 3d to survive. Im currently playing uncharted 3 in 3d and that game looks amazing.

I also want a good 360° VR system. To really be immersed in the game.

joke, I also want a hollodeck like in star trek tng /joke. I wish though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Lol imagine me, goes out and buys a smart 3d tv and then only 4 of my games utilizes it (thanks to ps+ I might add)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Like i said dude, I can think of a few things that don't fit in 32MB.
    Nothing wrong with the input side of it, I've seen no comments about lower texture res or models being less polys etc. So we aren't talking about bandwidth coming infrom the main memory as issue.
    What we are seeing however is a discrepancy in what is being output in terms of pixels per second.

It cant be ROP bound because even the demands of 60fps you can hit draw it with 109 times overdraw.
    We've seen lesser spec'd GPU's hit this 1080p easily.

So we really are pointing to something that says "here is 720p" regardless of what you are drawing, ie. doesn't matter if it's COD, or BF4.

Which would point to the frame-buffer artificially limiting what being out put.
    Which really means they are either not using the ESRAM, or the ESRAM itself is somehow putting the brakes on this output.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-31-2013 at 01:43.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Apprentice

Xbox One confirmed as a piece of crap that costs more than a much superior product (PS4). Seriously, how can you not run this game a native 1080p? We were warned back in June when an anonymous dev said there would be noticeable differences out of the gate, but Xbox fanboys acted like it was just the writer of the article making it up. Reality sucks.

Master Sage
    I've seen that. Sounds nice, but I'll need to see it in action first. Those kind of things are always limited, only applicable to certain walls. I had something closer to Red Faction: Guerrilla on my mind.
    Yes will have to wait and see how it pans out but even starting in this direction means it could be improved in future. GG are pulling all the right moves IMO

Thread Information