Latest PSU headlines:

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 919
    Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If Alan Wake is any example it's that Remedy knows how to use the hardware for some impressive visuals. I'm willing to give them a fair chance, if not outright trust their word here.

Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i haven't seen this game yet but wanted to let you know that "realtime" doesn't always mean gameplay. Remember Snake at loading screens of MGS4? yeah, that's realtime too.
    Yep exactly. "Real time," "in engine" none of that = gameplay.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    If Alan Wake is any example it's that Remedy knows how to use the hardware for some impressive visuals. I'm willing to give them a fair chance, if not outright trust their word here.
    AW was alot of fog and trees and was very linear design despite trying to make it seem like it was open. But whatever. I dont believe the Sorcerer developer either. Proof will be in the pudding.

Super Elite
    God knows what posessed Microsoft to charge $100 more than it's rival.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    AW was alot of fog and trees and was very linear design despite trying to make it seem like it was open. But whatever. I dont believe the Sorcerer developer either. Proof will be in the pudding.
    yea i like how they said that sorcerer is the "minimum" lol. whatever bro. pass that over here.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Nope, because developers use clever wording and/or exaggerate all the time. Now if you have a link to it actually being played in real time then by all means please share it with us...lol You didnt believe in the Sorcerer being real time despite the developer saying it was so why are you suddenly so gullible when it comes to this game? Rhetorical question. I already know why.
    Do you mean clever words like "prototype" and "concept" because those are the words QD used...lol

I don't what what Sorcerer is, but if you mean The Dark Sorcerer, go take a look at that the beginning of that video and read what it says. I'll save you the time. It's says it's a prototype and a concept running in real time. It's not even a game. That's what I said. You are comparing that to a game that's actually in development and has actual code. I don't know about you, but i know the difference between a tech demo and a actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Same here. If anything we know the game will have a decent storyline and great voice acting.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-02-2013 at 04:15.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Do you mean clever words like "prototype" and "concept" because those are the words QD used...lol I don't what what Sorcerer is, but if you mean The Dark Sorcerer, go take a look at that the beginning of that video and read what it says. I'll save you the time. It's says it's a prototype and a concept running in real time. It's not even a game. That's what I said. You are comparing that to a game that's actually in development and has actual code. I don't know about you, but i know the difference between a tech demo and a actual games.
    Too bad you dont know the diffrence between "in engine" and actual gameplay. lol My point stands. Besides, Xbone cant even run BF4 or COD in anything higher than 720p resolution so how is it going to pull off gameplay anything even remotely like that trailer? lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-02-2013 at 04:51.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i haven't seen this game yet but wanted to let you know that "realtime" doesn't always mean gameplay. Remember Snake at loading screens of MGS4? yeah, that's realtime too.
    @Substance - I also noticed that you convienently ignored what sufi said right here. Anyway seems this topic got derailed. I forgot this was about COD being 1080p on PS4 and 720p on Xbone.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-02-2013 at 04:47.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    @Substance - I also noticed that you convienently ignored what sufi said right here. Anyway seems this topic got derailed. I forgot this was about COD being 1080p on PS4 and 720p on Xbone.
    Well I don't consider sufi an expert on stuff like this, but you can take his word....lol

Too bad you dont know the diffrence between "in engine" and actual gameplay. lol

When a devs says that "this is a prototype tech demo" it really speaks for itself. No need for any comparisons.
    My point stands. Besides, Xbone cant even run BF4 or COD in anything higher than 720p resolution so how is it going to pull off gameplay anything even remotely like that trailer? lol

Now, you are a hardware expert....lol I wouldn't be so sure about what any console can or can't do right now.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-02-2013 at 05:51.

Extreme Poster
    So I looked at the trailer. Firstly, seems like a very cool game. if someone had said that it was made by QD, I would believe it.

But no, that is not actual gameplay. That is a cutscene. Will the gameplay look like that? It may be close but it's not going to look like that exactly. We might "might" get these graphics by the end of this generation and maybe very few.

The only reason i give it benefit of the doubt is because of what now I have seen in GTA 5. that still puts me in awe every time i play it.

again, that's a cutscene. just like dark sorcerer was a cutscene. it doesn't matter which one is in development. It's not going to look like this.

Thread Information