Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 88
  1. #26
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    I'd hate to go where I'm about to go, but............................................... ................................. Tell that to the PC

    which is where I'll be getting it
    You likely already have a GPU far more capable than the ones in either console.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  2. #27
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,831
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    37,512 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    I'd hate to go where I'm about to go, but............................................... ................................. Tell that to the PC

    which is where I'll be getting it
    *ugh*

    I don't ever think it's fair to use PC, as we all know its capabilities are. If there is a horse used in the gaming world, this particular one is dead beyond dead.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  3. #28
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,222
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    30,732 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Drive Club.
    I knew that

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  4. #29
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    You likely already have a GPU far more capable than the ones in either console.
    For all the money i paid for mine it better be....lol

  5. #30
    Elite Member
    D3seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Severn, Maryland
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    1,648 (20,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim
    lol. but seriously, for a closed box you'd think they would be able to squeeze more out of it. Oh well.


  6. #31
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Like you have a choice anyway...lol
    No, I dont but I'm really looking forward to playing it when it comes out. Meanwhile I have other great games I'll be playing. Also my most anticipated game (KZ SF) just went gold. So yeah, definitely not the big deal youre trying to make it out to be...lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-24-2013 at 18:54.

  7. #32
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,291
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    47,126 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Don't care, I'll be playing Titanfall on PC

  8. #33
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    26,549 (0 Banked)
    0p on PS4 then.

  9. #34
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,831
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    37,512 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    0p on PS4 then.
    So just a black screen then!?!?!?

    Hmm... *thinks*

    Well at least that black screen is running on 1080p.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  10. #35
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    lol. but seriously, for a closed box you'd think they would be able to squeeze more out of it. Oh well.
    I get this feeling we will be syaing this ALOT this gen, for either console.
    I think we may have to face it, we are being sold some underpowered turkeys.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-30-2013 at 01:30.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  11. #36
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I get this feeling we will be syaing this ALOT this gen, for either console. I think we may have to face it, we are being sold some underpowered turkeys.
    Either console? lol The Xbone seems to be the only next gen console thats struggling and mostly failing to get above 720p. Something Xbone buyers will have to face. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ch-title-trend
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-01-2013 at 07:46.

  12. #37
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Either console? lol The Xbone seems to be the only next gen console thats struggling and mostly failing to get above 720p. Something Xbone buyers will have to face. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ch-title-trend
    Last I heard BF4 couldn't be handled by the PS4 at 1080p.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  13. #38
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Last I heard BF4 couldn't be handled by the PS4 at 1080p.
    And last I heard BF4 couldnt be handled by the Xbone at anything above 720p. And at 900p the PS4 came heckuva alot closer to 1080p than Xbone did at 720p and looked better while doing it. All the games are 1080p on the PS4 with only one 900p game (BF4). While all the games are only 720p on the Xbone with only one 1080p game and one 900p game. So the majority of Xbones entire game lineup could not be handled by the Xbone at any resolution above 720p. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ch-title-trend and plus http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...lout-PS4thewin
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-01-2013 at 09:47.

  14. #39
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,707
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,552 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Only One turkey is underpowered, the other is delivering on that 1080p/60FPS expectation that most gamers had for next gen. Don't try and paint PS4 with same brush in that department .

  15. Likes Two4DaMoney , Gantz, mistercrow likes this post
  16. #40
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    And last I heard BF4 couldnt be handled by the Xbone at anything above 720p. And at 900p the PS4 came heckuva alot closer to 1080p than Xbone did at 720p and looked better while doing it. All the games are 1080p on the PS4 with only one 900p game (BF4). While all the games are only 720p on the Xbone with only one 1080p game and one 900p game. So the majority of Xbones entire game lineup could not be handled by the Xbone at any resolution above 720p. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ch-title-trend and plus http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...lout-PS4thewin
    LOL, I'm hearing a lot of negativity towards the Xbox one, which has nothing to do with BOTH being less than what they could have been. Sure, the XBO is lesser GPU than the PS4, no one has ever said it hasn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Only One turkey is underpowered, the other is delivering on that 1080p/60FPS expectation that most gamers had for next gen. Don't try and paint PS4 with same brush in that department .
    Its underpowered, compared to what we have got in the past (relative to PC graphics).
    Out of the gate, these system aren't all that. With time and massaging, they will grow legs, but really, I just cant see how this gen will last 7 years.
    Or at the very least we will be dropping to 30fps fairly quickly.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-01-2013 at 10:33.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  17. #41
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,707
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,552 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Its underpowered, compared to what we have got in the past (relative to PC graphics).
    Out of the gate, these system aren't all that. With time and massaging, they will grow legs, but really, I just cant see how this gen will last 7 years.
    By studios like QD, ND, SP, GG, PD. These guys all have their own style of programming kung fu, especially QD and ND-that Beyond, TLOU are on 7 year old tech paints a very promising picture of the caliber within those studios. MS will probably suffer more in this regard, like it did this gen. Killzone SF is a launch title and is 1080p/60fps, what will come in 1,3, 5 years time is an exciting prospect. Those who have experienced previous PlayStation generations have seen the magic that comes at the consoles latter days three times and I'd wager have no doubt that the only way is up from here.

  18. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
  19. #42
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,078
    Rep Power
    125
    Points
    116,828 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    By studios like QD, ND, SP, GG, PD. These guys all have their own style of programming kung fu, especially QD and ND-that Beyond, TLOU are on 7 year old tech paints a very promising picture of the caliber within those studios. MS will probably suffer more in this regard, like it did this gen. Killzone SF is a launch title and is 1080p/60fps, what will come in 1,3, 5 years time is an exciting prospect. Those who have experienced previous PlayStation generations have seen the magic that comes at the consoles latter days three times and I'd wager have no doubt that the only way is up from here.
    This... and it happens every generation.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  20. #43
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,284
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    13,244 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Mynd, that crabs in the bucket mentality doesn't fly here. We know you very well when it comes to Sony/MS

    Just a while ago, these consoles were plenty powerful but of course, when the $#@! hits the fan for the xbone, your tune changes...Truthfactz that I can prove.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

  21. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  22. #44
    Forum Guru
    jlippone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,791
    Rep Power
    84
    Points
    9,601 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    Up-scaling is not appreciated, Not cool, Especially this day. PERIOD! This turns out true.......... well damn XBone pulling a PS3 on us
    Well, it can be fine if you use the re-projection/scene/edge information to do it.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

  23. #45
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,049
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    64,249 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    LOL, I'm hearing a lot of negativity towards the Xbox one, which has nothing to do with BOTH being less than what they could have been. Sure, the XBO is lesser GPU than the PS4, no one has ever said it hasn't.



    Its underpowered, compared to what we have got in the past (relative to PC graphics).
    Out of the gate, these system aren't all that. With time and massaging, they will grow legs, but really, I just cant see how this gen will last 7 years.
    Or at the very least we will be dropping to 30fps fairly quickly.
    dude....hate to say it, but it is as if you are now saying "fine....if X1 isn't as powerful as PS4 then they BOTH suck! so there!"

    Just sayin'
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  24. Likes Malt, mistercrow, Two4DaMoney likes this post
  25. #46
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,222
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    30,732 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    dude....hate to say it, but it is as if you are now saying "fine....if X1 isn't as powerful as PS4 then they BOTH suck! so there!"

    Just sayin'
    Lol

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  26. #47
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    dude....hate to say it, but it is as if you are now saying "fine....if X1 isn't as powerful as PS4 then they BOTH suck! so there!" Just sayin'
    Yep, thats what I'm getting from mynd as well. Just sounds like sour grapes to me.

  27. #48
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If you've been following what Ive said in my posts you would know I expected both systems to be at least 2 tf GPU. I have not changed my tune on that.

    In terms if what we are getting, both are capable systems for what they are. And yes they will only get better in terms what we see out of them.
    Its always a lot easier to stretch the power in a
    closed box system, we all know that.

    But these systems are definitely below the curve in terms of GPU grunt. A lot is to do with thermal dynamics and trying to make these systems a single SOC.

    Ask yourself, if we got discreet chips, do you really think we would have got this level of power in the GPU?

    Of course the great unknown is compute.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  28. #49
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,049
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    64,249 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    If you've been following what Ive said in my posts you would know I expected both systems to be at least 2 tf GPU. I have not changed my tune on that.

    In terms if what we are getting, both are capable systems for what they are. And yes they will only get better in terms what we see out of them.
    Its always a lot easier to stretch the power in a
    closed box system, we all know that.

    But these systems are definitely below the curve in terms of GPU grunt. A lot is to do with thermal dynamics and trying to make these systems a single SOC.

    Ask yourself, if we got discreet chips, do you really think we would have got this level of power in the GPU?

    Of course the great unknown is compute.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    No, I'm not a mynd reader. (see what I did there?)

    But I did see where you were saying before that you had some serious doubts about the PS4 COD being native 1080p. Just seems like with the news it would have exceeded your expectations. Now both consoles are "underpowered turkeys"? If I missed where you were saying this a while back when you and other hardware minded folks were debating all the TFlops of the two consoles.....my bad. My eyes glaze over with all that talk. I'm a software guy.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  29. #50
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    No, I'm not a mynd reader. (see what I did there?)

    But I did see where you were saying before that you had some serious doubts about the PS4 COD being native 1080p.
    Have you seen PS4 call of duty at 1080p? Because it aint pretty. The jaggies are quite awfull even at 1080p.
    Just seems like with the news it would have exceeded your expectations. Now both consoles are "underpowered turkeys"? If I missed where you were saying this a while back when you and other hardware minded folks were debating all the TFlops of the two consoles.....my bad. My eyes glaze over with all that talk. I'm a software guy.
    I cant really comment on anything but BF4, because that the only one see both versions. It will be interesting to see if there is any difference in Ghost.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.