Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    I'd hate to go where I'm about to go, but............................................... ................................. Tell that to the PC

which is where I'll be getting it
    You likely already have a GPU far more capable than the ones in either console.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I'd hate to go where I'm about to go, but............................................... ................................. Tell that to the PC

which is where I'll be getting it
    *ugh*

I don't ever think it's fair to use PC, as we all know its capabilities are. If there is a horse used in the gaming world, this particular one is dead beyond dead.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Drive Club.
    I knew that

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    You likely already have a GPU far more capable than the ones in either console.
    For all the money i paid for mine it better be....lol

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    lol. but seriously, for a closed box you'd think they would be able to squeeze more out of it. Oh well.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Like you have a choice anyway...lol
    No, I dont but I'm really looking forward to playing it when it comes out. Meanwhile I have other great games I'll be playing. Also my most anticipated game (KZ SF) just went gold. So yeah, definitely not the big deal youre trying to make it out to be...lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-24-2013 at 18:54.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Don't care, I'll be playing Titanfall on PC

Forum Elder
    0p on PS4 then.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    0p on PS4 then.
    So just a black screen then!?!?!?

Hmm... *thinks*

Well at least that black screen is running on 1080p.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    lol. but seriously, for a closed box you'd think they would be able to squeeze more out of it. Oh well.
    I get this feeling we will be syaing this ALOT this gen, for either console.
    I think we may have to face it, we are being sold some underpowered turkeys.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-30-2013 at 01:30.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I get this feeling we will be syaing this ALOT this gen, for either console. I think we may have to face it, we are being sold some underpowered turkeys.
    Either console? lol The Xbone seems to be the only next gen console thats struggling and mostly failing to get above 720p. Something Xbone buyers will have to face. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ch-title-trend
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-01-2013 at 07:46.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Either console? lol The Xbone seems to be the only next gen console thats struggling and mostly failing to get above 720p. Something Xbone buyers will have to face. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ch-title-trend
    Last I heard BF4 couldn't be handled by the PS4 at 1080p.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Last I heard BF4 couldn't be handled by the PS4 at 1080p.
    And last I heard BF4 couldnt be handled by the Xbone at anything above 720p. And at 900p the PS4 came heckuva alot closer to 1080p than Xbone did at 720p and looked better while doing it. All the games are 1080p on the PS4 with only one 900p game (BF4). While all the games are only 720p on the Xbone with only one 1080p game and one 900p game. So the majority of Xbones entire game lineup could not be handled by the Xbone at any resolution above 720p. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ch-title-trend and plus http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...lout-PS4thewin
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-01-2013 at 09:47.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Only One turkey is underpowered, the other is delivering on that 1080p/60FPS expectation that most gamers had for next gen. Don't try and paint PS4 with same brush in that department .

15. Likes Two4DaMoney , Gantz, mistercrow likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    And last I heard BF4 couldnt be handled by the Xbone at anything above 720p. And at 900p the PS4 came heckuva alot closer to 1080p than Xbone did at 720p and looked better while doing it. All the games are 1080p on the PS4 with only one 900p game (BF4). While all the games are only 720p on the Xbone with only one 1080p game and one 900p game. So the majority of Xbones entire game lineup could not be handled by the Xbone at any resolution above 720p. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ch-title-trend and plus http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...lout-PS4thewin
    LOL, I'm hearing a lot of negativity towards the Xbox one, which has nothing to do with BOTH being less than what they could have been. Sure, the XBO is lesser GPU than the PS4, no one has ever said it hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Only One turkey is underpowered, the other is delivering on that 1080p/60FPS expectation that most gamers had for next gen. Don't try and paint PS4 with same brush in that department .
    Its underpowered, compared to what we have got in the past (relative to PC graphics).
    Out of the gate, these system aren't all that. With time and massaging, they will grow legs, but really, I just cant see how this gen will last 7 years.
    Or at the very least we will be dropping to 30fps fairly quickly.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-01-2013 at 10:33.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Its underpowered, compared to what we have got in the past (relative to PC graphics).
    Out of the gate, these system aren't all that. With time and massaging, they will grow legs, but really, I just cant see how this gen will last 7 years.
    By studios like QD, ND, SP, GG, PD. These guys all have their own style of programming kung fu, especially QD and ND-that Beyond, TLOU are on 7 year old tech paints a very promising picture of the caliber within those studios. MS will probably suffer more in this regard, like it did this gen. Killzone SF is a launch title and is 1080p/60fps, what will come in 1,3, 5 years time is an exciting prospect. Those who have experienced previous PlayStation generations have seen the magic that comes at the consoles latter days three times and I'd wager have no doubt that the only way is up from here.

18. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    By studios like QD, ND, SP, GG, PD. These guys all have their own style of programming kung fu, especially QD and ND-that Beyond, TLOU are on 7 year old tech paints a very promising picture of the caliber within those studios. MS will probably suffer more in this regard, like it did this gen. Killzone SF is a launch title and is 1080p/60fps, what will come in 1,3, 5 years time is an exciting prospect. Those who have experienced previous PlayStation generations have seen the magic that comes at the consoles latter days three times and I'd wager have no doubt that the only way is up from here.
    This... and it happens every generation.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Mynd, that crabs in the bucket mentality doesn't fly here. We know you very well when it comes to Sony/MS

Just a while ago, these consoles were plenty powerful but of course, when the $#@! hits the fan for the xbone, your tune changes...Truthfactz that I can prove.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

21. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Guru
    Up-scaling is not appreciated, Not cool, Especially this day. PERIOD! This turns out true.......... well damn XBone pulling a PS3 on us
    Well, it can be fine if you use the re-projection/scene/edge information to do it.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    LOL, I'm hearing a lot of negativity towards the Xbox one, which has nothing to do with BOTH being less than what they could have been. Sure, the XBO is lesser GPU than the PS4, no one has ever said it hasn't.

Or at the very least we will be dropping to 30fps fairly quickly.
    dude....hate to say it, but it is as if you are now saying "fine....if X1 isn't as powerful as PS4 then they BOTH suck! so there!"

Just sayin'
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

24. Likes Malt, mistercrow, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    dude....hate to say it, but it is as if you are now saying "fine....if X1 isn't as powerful as PS4 then they BOTH suck! so there!"

Just sayin'
    Lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    dude....hate to say it, but it is as if you are now saying "fine....if X1 isn't as powerful as PS4 then they BOTH suck! so there!" Just sayin'
    Yep, thats what I'm getting from mynd as well. Just sounds like sour grapes to me.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    If you've been following what Ive said in my posts you would know I expected both systems to be at least 2 tf GPU. I have not changed my tune on that.

In terms if what we are getting, both are capable systems for what they are. And yes they will only get better in terms what we see out of them.
    Its always a lot easier to stretch the power in a
    closed box system, we all know that.

But these systems are definitely below the curve in terms of GPU grunt. A lot is to do with thermal dynamics and trying to make these systems a single SOC.

Ask yourself, if we got discreet chips, do you really think we would have got this level of power in the GPU?

Of course the great unknown is compute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    If you've been following what Ive said in my posts you would know I expected both systems to be at least 2 tf GPU. I have not changed my tune on that.

In terms if what we are getting, both are capable systems for what they are. And yes they will only get better in terms what we see out of them.
    Its always a lot easier to stretch the power in a
    closed box system, we all know that.

But these systems are definitely below the curve in terms of GPU grunt. A lot is to do with thermal dynamics and trying to make these systems a single SOC.

Ask yourself, if we got discreet chips, do you really think we would have got this level of power in the GPU?

Of course the great unknown is compute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    No, I'm not a mynd reader. (see what I did there?)

But I did see where you were saying before that you had some serious doubts about the PS4 COD being native 1080p. Just seems like with the news it would have exceeded your expectations. Now both consoles are "underpowered turkeys"? If I missed where you were saying this a while back when you and other hardware minded folks were debating all the TFlops of the two consoles.....my bad. My eyes glaze over with all that talk. I'm a software guy.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Power Member
    Items User name style
    No, I'm not a mynd reader. (see what I did there?)

But I did see where you were saying before that you had some serious doubts about the PS4 COD being native 1080p.
    Have you seen PS4 call of duty at 1080p? Because it aint pretty. The jaggies are quite awfull even at 1080p.
    Just seems like with the news it would have exceeded your expectations. Now both consoles are "underpowered turkeys"? If I missed where you were saying this a while back when you and other hardware minded folks were debating all the TFlops of the two consoles.....my bad. My eyes glaze over with all that talk. I'm a software guy.
    I cant really comment on anything but BF4, because that the only one see both versions. It will be interesting to see if there is any difference in Ghost.

Thread Information