Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: GTA Weather

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Quote Originally Posted by MW2-LgNd View Post
    Yeah earthquakes and tornadoes etc seem like a good idea. Tbh, it really does seem like the game was over hyped...its a great game, but it does get boring after a while...
    I was really hoping for tornadoes in this game, a secret of sorts. Its my favorite extreme weather and have always loved them since I can remember. Having one in a open world game like this would be a dream come true, but I have the game Fuel and will experience it soon enough in a racing one .

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i don't see why they wouldn't. it's probably not easy to do with the resources available. expect all weathers next-gen.
    A tornado going through a populated area with debris likely is just out of reach of this current generation. There would have to be a ton of physics CPU cycles required to make everything run smoothly with a open-world like GTA V present. A cheap one is more possible but wouldn't match up to the realism of other weather in the game so it wouldn't be great.

In terms of variance, I was expecting more from the weather but it is realistic for LA. Having snow and hail storms is almost unheard of in southern CA so I get why that may not be there but because I'm a weather guy, I desire it anyways.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Nice! How are the tornadoes in fuel anyway? Cant imagine it being too good. I mean i really doubt they will add tornadoes in the next one or even the one after. It just seems like a very difficult hing to do, r* is a type of company that will only do what they can do best. they can do a tornado that doesnt look good, but we all know they wouldnt do that

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The occasional sandstorm, hail or blizzard in a new GTA game would be cool. Not so much a fan of tornadoes or earthquakes as I still want to admire what's left standing.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Sand Storms would have been a nice wee touch in GTA V, since well Dessert area
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Yeah i think they could do the sandstorm, i can imagine trevor struggling to walk in the desert while covering his eyes, wouldve been cool

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    and driving would be a problem, when in the water it is hard to swim and use a boat
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Yeah exactly. See, we can come up with all these ideas on the spot, why cant they? The game has so much more potential. I wish they could just give up on the online and work on sp coz some games just arent made for online

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Nice! How are the tornadoes in fuel anyway? Cant imagine it being too good. I mean i really doubt they will add tornadoes in the next one or even the one after. It just seems like a very difficult hing to do, r* is a type of company that will only do what they can do best. they can do a tornado that doesnt look good, but we all know they wouldnt do that
    I've only seen videos but they're not that bad, could be a lot worse. They aren't the most detailed ever but they can fling around some items and f**k you up. As for GTA V it would be extremely tough to implement, but worth it. I can envision it pretty well because of my intense passion for tornadoes and meteorology, and I figure the amount of CPU and GPU power needed would be huge. To create a realistic and awesome tornado event in a game like GTA V, it would require more time and effort put in than the entire weather system currently in V. Experienced storm chasers who've seen and been near tornadoes and meteorologists would very likely be required to help design the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    The occasional sandstorm, hail or blizzard in a new GTA game would be cool. Not so much a fan of tornadoes or earthquakes as I still want to admire what's left standing.
    It wouldn't stay destroyed for that long.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    If were being realistic, theyll never make it. I mean theres so many important things they could add before tornadoes. Sure it would be cool, but they wont do it

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Weather is an important part of the GTA series and over the next few titles. It will only get more amazing

But they have missed out a wee bit in GTA V

Elite Member
    Finally a thunder storm while playing GTA Online last night was cool with Duelshock shaking lol

I think with nexgen consoles taking the hit with weather effects why cant GTA V have that I don't think it would take much space up imo, I mean there's earthquakes in COD an Hurricanes in BF4 an there was Desert Storms in Spec Ops the line so its possible anything is. but speaking of weather its really the last thing on my mind when it comes to GTA lol.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Yeah, agreed, so many things come before weather when it comes to gta

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    I mean theres so many important things they could add before tornadoes.
    Like adding Vigilante.

Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Finally a thunder storm while playing GTA Online last night was cool with Duelshock shaking lol

I think with nexgen consoles taking the hit with weather effects why cant GTA V have that I don't think it would take much space up imo, I mean there's earthquakes in COD an Hurricanes in BF4 an there was Desert Storms in Spec Ops the line so its possible anything is. but speaking of weather its really the last thing on my mind when it comes to GTA lol.
    Weather was one of the first things on my mind for GTA V.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post

Are you saying why can't GTA 5 have more than it already does? Because it has little resources to work with.

Thread Information