Superior Member

Mikami: PS4 was more powerful when XONE was announced, "now they're almost identical"

Shinji Mikami, creator of Resident Evil,
    currently working on the last game he’ll direct – The Evil Within – says “There’s no real difference between them,” when referring to Sony and Microsoft’s next generation machines in this month’s Edge magazine.
    “We only need one console. Why do I have to make two versions of a game? And when Xbox One was first announced it had lower specs than PS4, but now they’re almost identical.
    “So either will do.”
    He’s obviously speaking in terms of development, rather than specifications, and it sounds as though they’ll both be more in line with PC architecture, making it easier to port these games due to the similarities with development.
    The Evil Within is set to release on both of these next generation consoles, as well as the current generation PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as PC at some point next year.

It’s refreshing to head a developer as esteemed as Mikami describe them this way, and gives us confidence that the next generation is going to be excellent, with plenty of incredible titles on both machines, without too much of a compromise when it comes to multiplatform games. Hopefully this means we won’t be seeing a similar situation to Skyrim on PS3.
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/...ost-identical/

He works at Bethesda now. I cant wait to see the next Elder Scrolls game!

Praetor Illuminatus
    PR vs Physics
    Round 1: Fight!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    BilLCollecTTor
    I wonder if these guys think about what they say before they say it..

4. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lol they know about the special sauce

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    nd when Xbox One was first announced it had lower specs than PS4, but now they’re almost identical.
    “So either will do.”
    He’s obviously speaking in terms of development, rather than specifications,
    oooookkkkaaay?

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    "we only need one console,why do i have to make 2 versions of a game"

Then releases it on 5 separate systems!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

The author tries to defuse Mikami's statement of ....
    And when Xbox One was first announced it had lower specs than PS4, but now they’re almost identical.
    by saying ...
    He’s obviously speaking in terms of development, rather than specifications
    .... because Mikami comes off sounding embarrassingly uninformed, or like a shill. But his explanation that Mikami is referring to development is just as silly. How has the Microsoft dev tools or environment moved to match Sony's? They haven't. Unless Microsoft was able to ditch one of their Operating Systems or squeeze in 50% more shaders both quotes are fighting against alot of well known facts. The pro Microsoft quotes have been sounding desperate and dodgy for quite some time but now even the console neutral comments are getting a dreamlike quality to them.
    ~ Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman, in that case always be Batman. ~

~ Microsoft and l had a disagreement on the primary function of the Xbox One. I wanted to use it to play games and they wanted to use it to screw me.~

Forum Overseer
    He's trying to defy logic. Logic says that if one number is above another, then it is more.

Now in reality, we think about how easy it is to achieve that higher number...well, it's easier to achieve the higher number than the lower one...so yea, this defies logic.

He actually says it right here: we only need one console,why do i have to make 2 versions of a game.

Which means, why work on the strengths of one console over the other. They just need to make one version that fits both with whatever tweaks they have planned out. so the difference might be low...however that doesn't mean that PS4 isn't more powerful. It's still up to the developer to decide if they want to use that power or not.

Very odd coming from a Bethesda employee.

PSN ID
    sayyestoweed
    I'm calling it here when the next RE hits XB1 to get DLC first

Super Elite
    Child this is capcom! Capcom needs to have a seat along with every developer cause what really matters now a days are geeks and people who purchase the system. It's he say vs she say...... Next month and the following years will tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Thread Information