Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Rumor: Nintendo working on "reUmagined" N64 classics for Wii U

Paul Gale Network would lead us to believe that Nintendo are secretly preparing a series of "reUmagined" games for Wii U - seven classic titles from the Nintendo 64 era that have been spruced up in a similar way to The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD.

It's worth noting that their website aren't able to prove their claims at this time, only going as far to mention Super Mario 64 would be part of such plans. With such a project requiring few resources and relatively short development time, Nintendo will release them through the Nintendo eShop priced at $30, seeking to fill the void between their more heavy-hitting Wii U games arriving at retail.

As an example, Super Mario 64 will supposedly introduce a two-player option that will see you traverse [?]. In resplendent HD, there are two methods of control: "Option A gives player one, GamePad control and player two, any other controller option. The camera will follow the brothers as they move throughout the stage, but should they split apart too far, the GamePad user's Lakitu (camera operator) will only follow that user on the controller's screen, while the second player's Lakitu will follow that character on the TV.

"Option B allows two GamePads to be used at once. If the brothers are nearby, the camera will remain the same on both GamePads and TV. If the brothers separate, each player will have his or her own unique camera view on their GamePad, until coming back together. While apart, however, the TV screen can be switched to be mimicking either player one or player two or be a top down perspective, map."

This can be enjoyed over the Nintendo Network with a friend, with online co-operative and counter co-operative gameplay being introduced alongside additional modes such as Race to Star and Coin Collector to broaden the experience.

We'd certainly take this all with a pinch of salt for now, although it would certainly be exciting if true!
    Source.

This rumor apparently comes from the same site that leaked the existence of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale though this source could easily be wrong. Still, I thought it was worth sharing as it sounds interesting.
    Last edited by Black; 10-25-2013 at 01:54.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Superior Member
    The N64 had some classics, but, alot of trash too.

Move on Nintendo, in fact, start working on your next system.

I assume it should be ARM ready or ARM and X86 so it can play both DS Next and Post Wii System home games.
    It'd be smart for Nintendo to ALSO work with AMD on a machine that has an APU with an X86 APU with ARM cores and an on APU graphics pipeline that is compatible with the next gen DS and can maybe play better looking games dedicated for the home platform.

Perhaps they can even team with NVidia and NV will want to get their tech into a system again after loosing so many sales to AMD.
    Who knows, but the Wii U could stagnate N to long to recover.

3. Likes patthebaker321, Demi_God likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    You think the prettiest graphics contribute to a console's success? PS3 was touted as a visual powerhouse but still struggled in its first couple years and ultimately sold less than the Wii. The Xbox was more powerful than the PS2 but was a commercial failure for Microsoft.

You know what does contribute to a console's success? Games. Good marketing also helps but the average consumer, especially those who supported Nintendo in the past, does not care for APUs and ARM cores. Good graphics are a bonus with gameplay at the forefront.

What you're arguing would be ideal for third-party support but more people buy Nintendo consoles for first-party content which is what they're working on.
    Last edited by Black; 10-25-2013 at 06:39.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Whatever they are using is fine but it's the whole execution of the WiiU that kind of sucks. It's really a dead lift for nintendo at this point but it's a bit late now since they really can't change and have to recoup the cost from that console to make a new one anyway.

As for N64 games. I think they should just make new games, there isn't a reason to rehash the past. They are doing good with the new mario and if that's a sign of things to come in the future, then it's going to be good.

6. Likes patthebaker321 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    They do have new Wii U games coming out next year like Super Smash Bros., games people are excited for, so I think it's silly to say Nintendo should move on and release a new console. It's not like the Wii U was the first console in the industry to have a bad start.

8. Likes patthebaker321 likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    People like you still think the prettiest graphics contribute to a console's success? PS3 was touted as a visual powerhouse but still struggled in its first couple years and ultimately sold less than the Wii. The Xbox was more powerful than the PS2 but was a commercial failure for Microsoft.

You know what does contribute to a console's success? Games. Good marketing also helps but the average consumer, especially those who supported Nintendo in the past, does not care for APUs and ARM cores. Good graphics are a bonus with gameplay at the forefront.

What you're arguing would be ideal for third-party support but more people buy Nintendo consoles for first-party content which is what they're working on.
    FIRST OFF!!!!!
    PEOPLE LIKE ME TELL PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO S#UT THE 4V(% UP!

Don't ever start a forum reply with PEOPLE LIKE YOU! You don't even know who I am!

Now, you, who I shall refer to by the codename: DIP****E, but who i will not Hug, nor Pet nor Squeeze nor call George, because you are now DIP****E , need to COMPREHEND what is written.

I didn't say anything in this post about rendering speed, power, or quality of the WiiU !!!!
    And i've stated in the past Wii won the last generation actually, it's on this forum if you'd bothered to see WHO I MIGHT BE!

My best guess is Nintendo will want to, as I posted recently, leverage their portable platform next generation unit for use on the home as well!

So, I say kindly to you DIP****E, that they could have a system which might do various things....
    Perhaps it's a portable... perhaps it has a dedicated bus for transferring graphics or game data at high speed when plugged into a gaming dock unit at home?
    Maybe the dock serves as an extension of the unit?
    Maybe with some dedicated High Speed doc (just REALLY POWERFUL data transfer ability) it can use an onboard secondary video chip to run games at home in a higher resolution? I don't know!!!
    The industry has already done some experiments with external video card boxes, but they haven't made much impact yet. It's something almost yearning for someone to shove into a dock/server.

So, maybe the portable unit Nintendo TS (All Touch Screen/ Tablet Screen) has the CPU and a great processor for that screen and battery life, and you plug it in and data can be sent to the doc for final rendering which can be set at 4K or 1080p etc for your home TV display and run at higher details/smoother/ etc for play at home.
    Or, maybe it just transmits the signal to a new tv box which can 'improve' (upscale) the image, DUNNO.

Again, It's all an idea, but, i think Nintendo will leverage their portable market for their next foray into the home, or even combine them, staying ahead of the trend of or improving on the failing Android Microconsoles or whatever Apple iTV eventually is. But, i think Wii U is dead in the water.

PS: If this post is reported, then see the post I replied to and ask what 'People Like You' meant?
    AM I what? A Jew? A Black Person? A Fat Person? A this or a That? No, I made a post and he/she/it decided to say 'People Like You" and it had nothing to do with my post. If you tag me, tag them as well. People should be allowed to post without others saying 'People like you'. If you knew me, then you could say something constructive, like "I know you prefer XYZ, and that shows your Bias", but, no, this person does not know me and to my knowledge has never interacted with me on the forum prior.

Ultimate Veteran
    I apologize if I started off a little aggressive but don't call me a dip****. And don't refer to me in another thread, in a post that is completely unrelated, as a punk. You're right that I don't know you but I would assume you're above the name-calling. I often prefer to talk about the games instead of the hardware and this thread in particular concerns rumored re-releases.

Superior Member
    At least I may have invented the Nintendo TS and given it a Microconsole/Microserver to drive 4K TV content.
    Last edited by John Willaford; 10-25-2013 at 06:38.

Superior Member
    I apologize if I started off a little aggressive but don't call me a dip****. And don't refer to me in another thread, in a post that is completely unrelated, as a punk. You're right that I don't know you but I would assume you're above the name-calling. I often prefer to talk about the games instead of the hardware and this thread in particular concerns rumored re-releases.

Then we'll just call it even and done?
    If you felt I over reacted I apologise as well. Just please never start a reply like that again to anyone. That was my message. I name called for the express purpose of sarcasm which I find better than purely vitriolic rhetoric.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Turok Trilogy
    Wave Race 64
    Kirby 64
    Diddy Kong Racing
    Banjo Kazooie
    Mario 64
    Mischief Makers
    Pilot Wings 64
    Mario Kart 64
    Super Smash bros
    Star Wars Episode 1 Pod Racer
    Star Fox 64

RIP Oculus Rift

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Turok Trilogy
    Wave Race 64
    Kirby 64
    Diddy Kong Racing
    Banjo Kazooie
    Mario 64
    Mischief Makers
    Pilot Wings 64
    Mario Kart 64
    Super Smash bros
    Star Wars Episode 1 Pod Racer
    Star Fox 64
    HellsJester is this your wish list?

Looks like most of it can be done by Nintendo, one by Disney, and one by Treasure and SquareEnix.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    HellsJester is this your wish list?

Looks like most of it can be done by Nintendo, one by Disney, and one by Treasure and SquareEnix.
    Yes.
    If you noticed i didnt list any Zelda titles. That is because i have played those too many times and bored of them now.

RIP Oculus Rift

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    They do have new Wii U games coming out next year like Super Smash Bros., games people are excited for, so I think it's silly to say Nintendo should move on and release a new console. It's not like the Wii U was the first console in the industry to have a bad start.
    what? I didn't say they should "move on and make a new console". They still have to make money off the WiiU since they paid to create that system in the first place. They have the right games coming in so far. Their Mario games are looking very good so if more do come out like this, I may purchase a WiiU, but not quite yet.

Supreme Veteran

Nice one if true... But i feel guessing is a fruitless game, because what could they improve on

When games of the past are legends in there own right

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    what? I didn't say they should "move on and make a new console". They still have to make money off the WiiU since they paid to create that system in the first place. They have the right games coming in so far. Their Mario games are looking very good so if more do come out like this, I may purchase a WiiU, but not quite yet.
    I was referring to John's post when I said that. Sorry for the confusion. But speaking of Mario games, this rumor probably isn't true because Miyamoto recently told Kotaku that he considers the series an offline multiplayer experience rather than online for now.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    BilLCollecTTor
    This idea should of been made long before the Wii U was release if true. Sometimes Nintendo comes real stubborn. I hope Nintendo can get some momentum going.

Supreme Veteran

I really hope, they getting some old school games rebooted and make them amazing again

Thread Information