Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

So this is how I spent my birthday lunch at the local mall.....

Was quite a show.....
    I lost count at 24 cops I spotted..and 12 cop cars.....

Manhunt in Palmerston North

A dramatic car chase has made its way to central Palmerston North, shutting down The Plaza, as police search for those involved.

Police were looking for a man who had been in a car that fled police from Whanganui to Palmerston North before crashing outside Pak 'n Save in Ferguson St.

He was believed to be in The Plaza shopping centre, however, police stood down their search just before 2.30pm.

Central districts police communications spokeswoman Sara Stavropoulos said the intermittent chase started after the car took off from a Whanganui petrol station without paying this morning.

Along the way, police deployed road spikes, but these were unsuccessful.

The two men in the car had led police and a Helipro helicopter through Halcombe and Feilding before colliding with another car in Ferguson St about 1pm.

The chased car came to a stop outside The Plaza.

One man was arrested, but the other had fled from the car into the central city shopping mall.

"Quite a few" police had been searching for the man, Stavropoulos said.

The Helipro helicopter had been circling The Plaza, but was stood down.

The car involved in the incident, a blue Subaru sedan, was believed to have been stolen from a Taupo address.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Happy Birthday!

3. Likes Kwes , $Greatness$ likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Happy Birthday Mynd!

Damn... yeah, When I was working at Software Etc here in the states I gave our awesome DM at the time the idea to visit Security Square Mall. I told them Money was there (Late 2000). The company agreed. Just in time for the PS2 launch... I think Sept 2001, we get word the store will open as the first expansion store after the Babbages/Software Etc bankruptcy and Me and my BFF who trained me will go run it, with me as ASM.

We had a several shootings in the mall, one fatal, and several group fights in the years there, but, they mostly kept it out of the game shop, because the last thing they wanted was to be banned from our store!!!
    I gotta admit though, The sheer volume of your police force today is impressive, more than we ever had!

We had a secret policy though: Befriend the entire security force and be every gamer's buddy no matter how they presented themselves, they came to us for fun, not bull$#@!. You know, Kill them with Kindness and hope that's all we got in return
    Last edited by John Willaford; 10-25-2013 at 04:54.

5. Likes mynd likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Well u got some free entertainment.

@john w, what freakin mall did u work at, holy poop?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Happy Birthday Mynd!

Damn... yeah, When I was working at Software Etc here in the states I gave our awesome DM at the time the idea to visit Security Square Mall. I told them Money was there (Late 2000). The company agreed. Just in time for the PS2 launch... I think Sept 2001, we get word the store will open as the first expansion store after the Babbages/Software Etc bankruptcy and Me and my BFF who trained me will go run it, with me as ASM.

We had a several shootings in the mall, one fatal, and several group fights in the years there, but, they mostly kept it out of the game shop, because the last thing they wanted was to be banned from our store!!!
    I gotta admit though, The sheer volume of your police force today is impressive, more than we ever had!

We had a secret policy though: Befriend the entire security force and be every gamer's buddy no matter how they presented themselves, they came to us for fun, not bull$#@!. You know, Kill them with Kindness and hope that's all we got in return
    Wow, that sounds like a very rough part of town. But yeah, I remember when I went for a job at EB a few years (just relaised that was like 2003!) ago they said the kids tend to not cause trouble in the shop because they all loved the place.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Wow, that sounds like a very rough part of town. But yeah, I remember when I went for a job at EB a few years (just relaised that was like 2003!) ago they said the kids tend to not cause trouble in the shop because they all loved the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Well u got some free entertainment.

@john w, what freakin mall did u work at, holy poop?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Mynd, exactly!
    Chris, are you from Baltimore?
    It's named that because it's near the Social Security Building in Woodlawn MD.
    The irony is that right down the actual street that you exit the mall from there's the local FBI building too, most people don't know that.
    The part of town's not bad but the Mall seemed to get rough and run down. Not the worst by any means but bad.
    Where i grew up though, yeah, it was and still qualifies as the pits. The city doesn't take care of it's properties well.
    The worst is something called Mondawmin Mall.

This might be my last post for a bit as I may get banned for a post i just made. I replied to someone who said 'People Like You' to start their reply, and it has nothing to do with my post. I don't like that statement and let them know. The admins might not like it. And, I'm a grown man with better things to do, but, I put punks in their place when they mess with my recreation time.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Mynd, exactly!
    Chris, are you from Baltimore?
    It's named that because it's near the Social Security Building in Woodlawn MD.
    The irony is that right down the actual street that you exit the mall from there's the local FBI building too, most people don't know that.
    The part of town's not bad but the Mall seemed to get rough and run down. Not the worst by any means but bad.
    Where i grew up though, yeah, it was and still qualifies as the pits. The city doesn't take care of it's properties well.
    The worst is something called Mondawmin Mall.

This might be my last post for a bit as I may get banned for a post i just made. I replied to someone who said 'People Like You' to start their reply, and it has nothing to do with my post. I don't like that statement and let them know. The admins might not like it. And, I'm a grown man with better things to do, but, I put punks in their place when they mess with my recreation time.
    Somebody hasn't been over west in awhile. Mondawmin isn't that bad anymore. They even put a Cinnabon in there!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Somebody hasn't been over west in awhile. Mondawmin isn't that bad anymore. They even put a Cinnabon in there!
    Perhaps. It used to be in the paper every week for a shooting in the mall or on the parking lot.
    AND the last time I was up there to do an install at a Radio Shack (admittedly this is 2008 ) I was harassed by 3 teens who could have probably cared less what they did to people.

I'll may check it out after I shop for a Kevlar Hoodie.
    Last edited by John Willaford; 10-25-2013 at 07:47.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    There was a car chase/shooting (no one injured afaik apart from the $#@!head)/crash that involved a chopper not long ago too. Big deal here as we don't really get chases that involve guns.

That's the big smoke for ya.

Oh, and Happy birthday Mynd!
    Be Together - Not the same.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    lol, all that over stealing some petrol? Good times in NZ eh.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    lol, all that over stealing some petrol? Good times in NZ eh.
    I think there was more to it, they had an Id/mugshot of the guy so he must have been known to them. I suspect there was a warrant out for him.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I think there was more to it, they had an Id/mugshot of the guy so he must have been known to them. I suspect there was a warrant out for him.
    I work at a workshop in new Plymouth about 3hrs away from palmy...police arnt overly fussed about drive offs in reguards to fuel...he musta done something else aswell at somepoint

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Happy Birthday!

Today I learned NZ Police wear very very similar uniforms to Australian Police

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    you sure it was not GTA ONLINE
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information