Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Firmware 1.5 detailed for playstation 4

Eh we haven't even seen the os and we are getting a detailed firmware log?

We wanted to shed some light on system software update version 1.50 for PS4, which will launch simultaneously with the system’s official North American launch on November 15th, 2013. By updating to system software version 1.50, you’ll be able to experience a variety of new features in addition to the basic functions of PS4.

The system software update 1.50 is approximately 300 MB, and will include the following features:

Remote Play
    Users will be able to access PS4 titles displayed on their living room TVs and play them on a PS Vita system over Wi-Fi networks by using PS4 Link (Depending on network environment or titles, remote play performance may vary outside of the home). We anticipate that most PS4 titles will be playable on the PS Vita system through Remote Play. The latest PS Vita system software version, to be released soon, will be required to use PS4 Link.

Second Screen
    Users can use the PS4 Link application for the PS Vita system, and PlayStation App for iPhone, iPad, and Android-based smartphones and tablets, to use these devices as second screens in supported titles. PlayStation App has the ability to enable users to interact with games with their mobiles devices. For example on The Playroom, a title pre-installed in all PS4 systems that requires PlayStation Camera, users can draw pictures on their mobile device screens and flick them towards the TV. The images then appear as a 3D object within the game.

Record, take screenshots, and upload gameplay effortlessly
    The PS4 system provides dedicated, “always on” video encoding systems that enables seamless uploading of gameplay. Users can share their epic triumphs by simply hitting the Share button on DualShock 4, take screenshots or scan through the last 15 minutes of gameplay, tag it and return to the game—the video uploads as the user plays. At the PS4 system’s launch in North America, users will be able to share their images and videos with friends on Facebook and screenshots with followers on Twitter, though users will need to sign up for individual accounts to use Facebook and Twitter.

Broadcast and spectate gameplay
    The PS4 system also enhances social spectating by enabling users to broadcast their gameplay in real-time to game fans around the globe, using Ustream and Twitch live internet streaming services (users will need to sign up for individual accounts to use Ustream and Twitch). There are two ways for users to view live broadcasts. First, the Live from PlayStation application on PS4 aggregates streams from all PlayStation users. Second, users can spectate friends’ PS4 gameplay from PCs, and applications such as Ustream, Twitch, and browsers, which are installed on their mobile devices. These applications can be easily started up via PlayStation App, and users can also use these applications to post comments to gameplay broadcasts. Furthermore, users with PlayStation Camera can stream camera images and microphone sounds along with their live gameplay broadcast.

Play as you download
    This feature enables users to play supported digital titles as they are being downloaded. The time it takes to begin playing will vary depending on game data size and network environments, and not all titles will support this feature When a game is purchased, users can start playing after PS4 downloads a portion of the data, while the rest of the game is downloaded in the background during actual gameplay. Games may be downloaded in stand-by mode.

Multi log-in
    A maximum of four users can log-in to a single PS4 system simultaneously. These players can use their own save data to play games, and also earn trophies on their own Sony Entertainment Network accounts even when playing a multiplayer game together on a single PS4 system.

Party (Voice chat)
    By using the Mono Headset bundled with the PS4 system, users will be able to chat with up to eight friends enjoying different applications or games. Furthermore, users can use Party to chat between PS4 and PS Vita systems.

Face recognition and voice commands
    Users with PlayStation Camera will be able to register their facial image onto their PS4 system, and login to their system using facial recognition instead of DualShock 4. Furthermore, users can use either the microphone of the Mono Head set connected to DualShock 4, or PlayStation Camera to navigate through the PS4 home screen (PlayStation Dynamic Menu) with voice commands to start up games and shutdown the system, among other features; please refer to PS4’s online manual for recognizable voice commands.

Background music player
    Users can enjoy gameplay while listening to music in the background with Music Unlimited, a cloud-based digital music service. Users can also voice chat with friends while listening to music. Learn more about Music Unlimited here.

Online Multiplayer
    PlayStation Plus members will be able to play PS4 titles online with other players via the network. PS Plus makes it easy for members to join available online multiplayer matches in a variety of ways, including the ability to easily join a game from a live stream broadcast or Party voice chats.

Blu-ray Disc and DVD player
    Users can enjoy not only gaming on their PS4 system, but also Blu-ray and DVD video contents. When using for the first time, users must connect to the internet to activate this feature.

Some features will not be available at launch, such as “suspend/resume mode” which is a feature that keeps the PS4 system in a low power state and promptly takes users back to their game. We will provide additional information about system software update version 1.50 and features available at the PS4 system’s North America launch, and features that will be available after launch, in the near future.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...-1-50-details/

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2. Likes victorijapoosp , shepard, MonkeyClaw wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Nice find! Good to see what we will be getting on launch day! I was worried that the spectate feature wouldn't be there day 1, but now that I can see that it is, and I am very excited!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Great find, makes for interesting reading!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

PSU Live Streamer
    Yay, finally info on whats going to be live on launch day

Blu-ray Disc and DVD player
    Users can enjoy not only gaming on their PS4 system, but also Blu-ray and DVD video contents. When using for the first time, users must connect to the internet to activate this feature.
    Wonder how long until this goes viral. Sony went on record saying there was no need to connect to the internet.

Users with PlayStation Camera will be able to register their facial image onto their PS4 system, and login to their system using facial recognition instead of DualShock 4. Furthermore, users can use either the microphone of the Mono Head set connected to DualShock 4, or PlayStation Camera to navigate through the PS4 home screen (PlayStation Dynamic Menu) with voice commands to start up games and shutdown the system, among other features; please refer to PS4’s online manual for recognizable voice commands.
    I'd like to know where this manual is.
    Last edited by shepard; 10-25-2013 at 16:33.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Superior Member
    Items User name style
    Multi log-in
    A maximum of four users can log-in to a single PS4 system simultaneously. These players can use their own save data to play games, and also earn trophies on their own Sony Entertainment Network accounts even when playing a multiplayer game together on a single PS4 system.

Like LBP style play?

edit : Wait a minute... What the HELL IS THIS?!

Some features will not be available at launch, such as “suspend/resume mode” which is a feature that keeps the PS4 system in a low power state and promptly takes users back to their game.
    That is fucking basic, get your shit together Sony.
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 10-25-2013 at 16:40.

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

Apprentice
    I think the multiple login feature has been overlooked! Wow!
    The rock I got my wife was big!

8. Likes Saigon wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    Voice commands navigating the OS, start games etc...excellent.

@ Shepard - I guess they are referring to a link to the online manual from the PS4 itself??
    PSN = prison_inmate

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    Like LBP style play?

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed in that news, I thought that was one of the main features? Main enough that it would be there from the get go.

I also wonder if background music is just with Unlimited or your own music too?
    Last edited by atomicnuke; 10-25-2013 at 16:47.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    Voice commands navigating the OS, start games etc...excellent.

@ Shepard - I guess they are referring to a link to the online manual from the PS4 itself??
    Yea, there are online manuals for all the playstation products currently available. I guess the ps4 manual will go live on Nov.15th.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Lol I am SURPRISE! I am blindsided by the fact that these many feature will be available day 1!

I guess I'll eat a Crow, I remember saying that 1 thing ms does right is announcing features and implementing them at launch...and Sony always under delivers! But here I am eating Crow

Is no more the cross media bar (xmb), it's now the PlayStation Dynamic Menu (pdm?)

Last edited by YoungMullah88; 10-25-2013 at 16:55.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    Like LBP style play?

Agreed, one of the most wanted features not available at launch? what a joke, will this feature be available at launch for Xbone?

Dedicated Member
    Voice command to launch KZ took 11 seconds from prompt to getting to ingame menu!!

http://i.imgur.com/bDSqbzz.jpg

Last edited by mudshark; 10-25-2013 at 17:46.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    At first I thought this was a list of what the PS4 will do once you start it up, then I realised it said update.

So what the fuck can the PS4 do without the update? Why is even on shelves if it can't do what its advertised to do without an update? Day one updates of things that have advertised for months piss me off.

Click HERE for my Videos

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Carla_Birch-USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Scryer View Post
    At first I thought this was a list of what the PS4 will do once you start it up, then I realised it said update.

So what the fuck can the PS4 do without the update? Why is even on shelves if it can't do what its advertised to do without an update? Day one updates of things that have advertised for months piss me off.
    It will be because the demand was so high they wanted to start making the systems asap to be able to cover demand, that means once they start to make the systems, they have to install whatever firmware was ready at the time.

Hopefully for them that don't have net, Disk based games will come with the Firmware on it.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Birch View Post
    It will be because the demand was so high they wanted to start making the systems asap to be able to cover demand, that means once they start to make the systems, they have to install whatever firmware was ready at the time.

Hopefully for them that don't have net, Disk based games will come with the Firmware on it.
    Cosign. @Commonsense

Veteran
    Voice commands without the camera, through the controller headset. And voice command to navigate the UI. This is so freaking awesome, it deserves a megaton. Also, the UI has an official name, Playstation Dynamic Menu (PDM). Cool!

Party (Voice chat)
    By using the Mono Headset bundled with the PS4 system, users will be able to chat with up to eight friends enjoying different applications or games. Furthermore, users can use Party to chat between PS4 and PS Vita systems.

Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

19. Likes PhillyPhreak wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    As I said on another board I am glad Sony announced this. This was needed. Though I am a little disappointing in some of the fan-base trying to downplay this update as an attempt to fix issues with the system or some stating that this should be part of the system day one. I guess most people don't realize most companies, especially for new products, have day one updates. Mainly because the software installed is always the base model or 1.0 version.

21. Likes MonkeyClaw wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    very cool for sure

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
    As I said on another board I am glad Sony announced this. This was needed. Though I am a little disappointing in some of the fan-base trying to downplay this update as an attempt to fix issues with the system or some stating that this should be part of the system day one. I guess most people don't realize most companies, especially for new products, have day one updates. Mainly because the software installed is always the base model or 1.0 version.
    Also, the issue wasn't that a connection to the internet for activation was required. That is for the movie features, which are kind of useless without an internet connection anyway. Yes, this is the update but Sony has the policy with the PS3 that updates can be done offline, no reason they are suddenly going to stop that with the PS4.

This attempt to associate "day one connection required" as some general whining issue is really sour grapes about the XBone day one connection required. Completely different situations going on there, no association or connection between the PS4 and XBone on how the day one connection is being handled.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Also, the issue wasn't that a connection to the internet for activation was required. That is for the movie features, which are kind of useless without an internet connection anyway. Yes, this is the update but Sony has the policy with the PS3 that updates can be done offline, no reason they are suddenly going to stop that with the PS4.

This attempt to associate "day one connection required" as some general whining issue is really sour grapes about the XBone day one connection required. Completely different situations going on there, no association or connection between the PS4 and XBone on how the day one connection is being handled.
    I actually agree and I hope that association is not the case. I think the part that bothers me more is that this update is for a system that is not in our possession yet and some are complaining. Sony could have not said anything and just let things go as is and say, oh update your system before playing, and most would have complained that there was an update. Either way the article still states positive information.

Veteran
    It will be a bit of an annoyance to power up the PS4 the first day and see that it needs a system update. I would rather get this out of the way and system updates are minutes, not hours. Plus this firmware update is the one that actually adds background downloading, so that is almost a necessity the day after launch, downloading F2P after F2P after F2P, plus whatever is on the store. That will be another thing, the PS store will be there on PS4 launch day unlike PS3 launch day. The whole firmware and software update has become ridiculous across the board. I remember when a PC patch was a big deal, sometimes there were special events for them. Now, I don't turn on my Android tablet for a few weeks and there are updates on updates. Then there are the Adobe and Java updates, anti-virus updates, os updates. I have had the scenario where my PC was updating, my Android tablet was updating, and my PS3 was updating. That is when I decided it was time to go grocery shopping. The one good thing about continuous updates is it forces you to go outside.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Carla_Birch-USA
    It will be a bit of an annoyance to power up the PS4 the first day and see that it needs a system update. I would rather get this out of the way and system updates are minutes, not hours. Plus this firmware update is the one that actually adds background downloading, so that is almost a necessity the day after launch, downloading F2P after F2P after F2P, plus whatever is on the store. That will be another thing, the PS store will be there on PS4 launch day unlike PS3 launch day. The whole firmware and software update has become ridiculous across the board. I remember when a PC patch was a big deal, sometimes there were special events for them. Now, I don't turn on my Android tablet for a few weeks and there are updates on updates. Then there are the Adobe and Java updates, anti-virus updates, os updates. I have had the scenario where my PC was updating, my Android tablet was updating, and my PS3 was updating. That is when I decided it was time to go grocery shopping. The one good thing about continuous updates is it forces you to go outside.
    Yeah but the real downer on that was when you got to the grocery store, they were updating the shop layout inside also!

27. Likes Yungstar 2006 wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Live Streamer
    I have had the scenario where my PC was updating, my Android tablet was updating, and my PS3 was updating. That is when I decided it was time to go grocery shopping.
    rofl!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Rather them detail this now than get it on launch and the bickering ensues

Praetor Illuminatus
    This makes me real excited! I wish I had preordered a PS4, now.

Thread Information