Super Moderator

Do you think PS4 games will be as memorable as PS2 games?

I've been getting a PS2 vibe lately from the PS4, from the look of the console to its third-party support, but I'm wondering if the same can be said for the experience of the games once we get our hands on them. Do you think PS4 games will be as memorable as the games released on the PS2?

I mean, I liked the PS3 because of games like Uncharted 2, MotorStorm: Pacific Rift and more recently, GTA V, but it doesn't quite hit the same level. Admittedly, some of the practices of the video game industry - day one DLC, various pre-order bonuses, games sometimes being too much like movies and military shooters now being the most popular theme - contributed to this. Maybe things will be better with the PS4.

And I know I stressed before that the tech stuff isn't as big of a deal than the gameplay but I understand why it has people excited because it can contribute to some amazing things. So I think I'll be blown away by games like Final Fantasy XV and (hopefully Square Enix acknowledges it exists) Hiroyuki Ito's next JRPG because I loved Final Fantasy IX and put 100 hours into Final Fantasy XII.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-26-2013 at 20:47.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

[OT] Dragon Quest Heroes
    Dragon Quest General Discussion Thread

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    It depends on what direction they take a series they carry over and what new IP's are produced

If the ability to produce classics is strong and they are willing to make a mark in history of gaming. Then i say yes for sure

But the first load of games to come out, will set the bench mark for future games and how they tell stories and how they set the gameplay to make them stories come alive
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I think its more nostalgia that makes us think like that. But like you I've been getting a PS2 vibe from PS4 as well which is definitely a good thing. I'm very excited about PS4 and whats coming. Sony seems to have really woken up and is doing things right. So yeah I think we'll be seeing alot of epic and memorable games on PS4.

4. Likes keefy likes this post
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I think its more nostalgia that makes us think like that. But like you I've been getting a PS2 vibe from PS4 as well which is definitely a good thing. I'm very excited about PS4 and whats coming. Sony seems to have really woken up and is doing things right. So yeah I think we'll be seeing alot of epic and memorable games on PS4.
    It would be great because the PS2 is my personal favorite console. I'm sure you and others would agree. Sony's 13-year magnum opus.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

[OT] Dragon Quest Heroes
    Dragon Quest General Discussion Thread

Dedicated Member
    The PS4 is the most bang I can buy this generation period.
    It lets the artists and developers work easiest in and unimpeded environment and should let them paint any picture and manipulate any environment suitably to fit their visions.

So, it should be most memorable.
    We've never been able to share our experiences like this out of the box, so, that might make it more so memorable.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Unlikely.

Gaming has changed to a different flavor.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I doubt it, if it's more of what we've had this gen (which it's looking to be).

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    It would be great because the PS2 is my personal favorite console. I'm sure you and others would agree. Sony's 13-year magnum opus.
    Yeah, PS2 was my favorite as well.

Thread Information