Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    No idea, but it disappointing that we are a month away form launch and they don't seem to be able to get game performance sorted.

Focus is clearly on "other things" (O/S)
    O/S still having problems? You would think one of their main selling points would be ready by now…

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    O/S still having problems? You would think one of their main selling points would be ready by now…
    I think the problem started when Sony announced their launch date. MS wasn't doing it this year, and they had to make a date to compete. So they are far behind where they wanted to be when they actually planned on releasing the One. That's my theory.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I think the problem started when Sony announced their launch date. MS wasn't doing it this year, and they had to make a date to compete. So they are far behind where they wanted to be when they actually planned on releasing the One. That's my theory.
    There are articles saying the One was rushed… Your probably right.

Dedicated Member
    Don't you know that any proper XBONE game will upscale it's game image to 1080p?
    Microsoft will tell you that they can render a final image in Full HD.
    You want 1080p, you'll get it. Remember Halo 3?

In fact, they will later upgrade it to render a final image of 4K resolution through 'software developed by the best programmers in the world!' that will meet the needs of increasing resolution of upcoming more modern TV's.
    When smoke and mirrors about how their rendering pipeline fails, never under estimate smoke and mirrors superpowers they have lurking in their marketing department.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Don't you know that any proper XBONE game will upscale it's game image to 1080p?
    Microsoft will tell you that they can render a final image in Full HD.
    You want 1080p, you'll get it. Remember Halo 3?

In fact, they will later upgrade it to render a final image of 4K resolution through 'software developed by the best programmers in the world!' that will meet the needs of increasing resolution of upcoming more modern TV's.
    When smoke and mirrors about how their rendering pipeline fails, never under estimate smoke and mirrors superpowers they have lurking in their marketing department.
    Eh that has nothing to do with what we are talking about. The HUD will 1080p we know that.
    What we are asking is why a GPU that has arguably up to 40% more power is pushing 110% more resolution

Superior Member

Just speculating but I think they have had a series of things set them back. There were too many reports they had trouble getting their production yields up early in the year. Then Sony throws a wrench in their DRM plans...which really the whole console centered around. Suddenly you fundamentally have to change the direction you are going...things like the OS have to totally change the way they will function and things like drivers and their dev tools fell way way behind. Finally, Sony releases specs and MS finds out they are behind on the memory/power etc. Again...they shift their focus to trying to bring increase the power...even with the little they did. Their FOCUS has been everywhere but game development/support. Its been on TV, Apps, kinnect.....but they fell behind the in giving the devs what they needed to put out these launch games on the same quality as the competition. I really think the x1 will be much closer to the PS4 down the road but I think they fell behind...they made strategic decisions to focus their attention elsewhere.

PS4 has been soo game focused...dev friendly...about making the speed and power of the console accessible it has been easier for these launch games to get where the teams wanted them. I'm sure x1 focused on devs...but probably spent more time with those producing exclusive games for them like Ryse and Forza. They assume (and probably rightfully so) that cross-gen, cross-platform games like BF4 and COD will sell regardless of which version is superior and since they are shooters will likely sell well on the x1 anyways. Most gamers aren't as savvy as those on these boards. They aren't going to see differences because they aren't going to play them side by side. MS is selling their console on multi-media and features and next-gen gaming. They needed these features to work and work well...where as Sony is selling it on the games. This is a testiment to what Sony is trying to do this gen and I appreciate it. I want a gaming machine....thats it.

On a side note I wouldn't be surprised that the issues that have caused the downgraded COD/BF versions on X1 is likely the reason that Watchdogs got delayed to. I'm just imagining Ubisoft didn't want to release a version that wasn't up to the standards they wanted their critically acclaimed game to be...so PS gamers got screwed. Its just an assumption but its how I feel. I think by next year these console games will look very similar when MS gets the issues worked out. I know there is still a power/performance gap between the consoles but I think we will only see that used by exclusives and mutliplat games will look almost identical with perhaps a nod to Sony on some slight performance gains.

7. Likes Agriel , John Willaford likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    But if the same game looks better on one console then the other, wouldn't that make a difference?
    Dude, your in the XBONE Forum, even though it's on the PSU website.
    The distortion field in here is unfathomable.

See, the TRUTH is that Ken Olson and Bill Gates are waring over all of this stupid HARDWARE we all have.
    See, not only is 640K more than we need, but, we shouldn't even have devices in our own homes.
    So, the 'future' is for us to have Our Heads in The Cloud.

So, we just need streaming devices, it doesn't MATTER how 'powerful' your home device is, it's just powerful enough to paint screens from THE CLOUD to your screens and for you to continue to pay MS for the almighty service to SEE GAMES THAT YOU WANT TO PLAY ONLY OCCASIONALLY as you play them. Games are frivolous items and shouldn't clutter up your lives with bulky, environmentally toxic optical discs.

The XBO is such a waste, using a whole 32 MB of FAST STATIC RAM on a chip in a consumer device, it's like a complete balls out sacrilege, and a compromise Microsoft didn't want to make.

Distortion Field Sarcasm: Complete

Pssst, no fanboy terminology please. - Ghost
    Last edited by Ghost; 10-28-2013 at 09:30.

Apprentice

See, the TRUTH is that Ken Olson and Bill Gates are waring over all of this stupid HARDWARE we all have.
    See, not only is 640K more than we need, but, we shouldn't even have devices in our own homes.

So, we just need streaming devices, it doesn't MATTER how 'powerful' your home device is, it's just powerful enough to paint screens from THE CLOUD to your screens and for you to continue to pay M$ for the almighty service to SEE GAMES THAT YOU WANT TO PLAY ONLY OCCASIONALLY as you play them. Games are frivolous items and shouldn't clutter up your lives with bulky, environmentally toxic optical discs.

The XBO is such a waste, using a whole 32 MB of FAST STATIC RAM on a chip in a consumer device, it's like a complete balls out sacrilege, and a compromise Microsoft didn't want to make.

Mind...Blown.

Forum Sage
    Do you really believe that? Do you really think the 360 could bear year another year (9 total) before the X1 launched (presumably in the fall of 2014)? (remember the last big exclusive (halo 4) launched in december 2012) (similarly Halo 2 launched in November 2004, just over a year before the 360 launched)

No, the hardware is fine. The problems have been with the OS/drivers. Having to make all the software changes, isn't as simple as "flipping a few switches" so to speak.

And seeing as certain games have been delayed for a few months, it would see that it isn't just sony and microsoft that hare having issues.

I don't really see how it even matters that much, if at all. This upcoming generation won't even properly start till this time in 2014 when we have certain titles being released.

Not to mention, there is usually some kind of issue (or issues) present at launch. Last gen it had to do with the hardware (regarding reliability/malfunctions).

This upcoming gen, it seems to be the OS/drivers and development tools.

Dedicated Member
    Eh that has nothing to do with what we are talking about. The HUD will 1080p we know that.
    What we are asking is why a GPU that has arguably up to 40% more power is pushing 110% more resolution
    That's not possible. Cro Magnon man programs PS4 games while GIANT CRAINIUM possessing Grey Alien Hybrid Nerds from the future program XBOX One games. They use the Telsa Warp Field to actually increase the system dynamically to 9ghz.

NO?

Apprentice
    That's not possible. Cro Magnon man programs PS4 games while GIANT CRAINIUM possessing Grey Alien Hybrid Nerds from the future program XBOX One games. They use the Telsa Warp Field to actually increase the system dynamically to 9ghz.

NO?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Do you really believe that? Do you really think the 360 could bear year another year (9 total) before the X1 launched (presumably in the fall of 2014)? (remember the last big exclusive (halo 4) launched in december 2012) (similarly Halo 2 launched in November 2004, just over a year before the 360 launched)

No, the hardware is fine. The problems have been with the OS/drivers. Having to make all the software changes, isn't as simple as "flipping a few switches" so to speak.

And seeing as certain games have been delayed for a few months, it would see that it isn't just sony and microsoft that hare having issues.

I don't really see how it even matters that much, if at all. This upcoming generation won't even properly start till this time in 2014 when we have certain titles being released.

Not to mention, there is usually some kind of issue (or issues) present at launch. Last gen it had to do with the hardware (regarding reliability/malfunctions).

This upcoming gen, it seems to be the OS/drivers and development tools.
    It matters because we are hearing about a severely crippled system. Suggesting it is drivers would point to a system that has a deficit of around 50% based on just software overhead. Thats ridiculous. I could understand 900p but really 720p is less than half 1080p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    W. T. F. ?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    W. T. F. ?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Care to narrow it down a little?

Forum Sage
    It matters because we are hearing about a severely crippled system. Suggesting it is drivers would point to a system that has a deficit of around 50% based on just software overhead. Thats ridiculous. I could understand 900p but really 720p is less than half 1080p.

Could that be because of time constraints (since we are talking about launch titles) and wanting go get the game out of the door as fast as possible. (720p being a guaranteed solid experience compared to say 1600 X 900)

?

I mean, what is DICE/IW going to do, delay their games just like how watchdogs/driveclub were delayed?

That would $#@! up the launch quite a bit.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Could that be because of time constraints (since we are talking about launch titles) and wanting go get the game out of the door as fast as possible. (720p being a guaranteed solid experience compared to say 1600 X 900)

?

I mean, what is DICE/IW going to do, delay their games just like how watchdogs/driveclub were delayed?

I dont know, " why" but I do know that it shouldn't happen.

Dedicated Member

Don't look at it as 720p, but more like 1.2K !
    See... thats better, it's almost like 4K , kinda.
    Mmmkay?

Anyway, lets just see how NBA 2K14 looks on both machines supposedly both at 1080p.
    That thing should give us a more fair comparison on graphics. I know it's not a realtime destructable environment, but, it's doing cloth and alot of other simulations at high detail on a constant basis.

It could be the inferior games aren't using the 32MB of ESRAM for a Render Target.

Apprentice

?

But yet on PS4,Ghosts is confirmed 1080p and BF4 is rumored.

That means ether that…
    1. Xbone is underpowered
    2. Xbone is having issues
    3. PS4 is just a lot easier to develop for

20. Likes John Willaford likes this post
    Superior Member

So, we just need streaming devices, it doesn't MATTER how 'powerful' your home device is, it's just powerful enough to paint screens from THE CLOUD to your screens and for you to continue to pay M$ for the almighty service to SEE GAMES THAT YOU WANT TO PLAY ONLY OCCASIONALLY as you play them. Games are frivolous items and shouldn't clutter up your lives with bulky, environmentally toxic optical discs.

Dayum

+rep

you earned it

Forum Sage
    I dont know, " why" but I do know that it shouldn't happen.

A lot if things "shouldn't" happen, but do. That is life. We live in an imperfect world.

Also we are talking about a 3rd party developer, not 1stparty which makes a difference.

But yet on PS4,Ghosts is confirmed 1080p and BF4 is rumored.

That means ether that…
    1. Xbone is underpowered
    2. Xbone is having issues
    3. PS4 is just a lot easier to develop for
    I'm going with option number 2 regarding the developer tools/hardware drivers.

Dedicated Member

Just wondering why there is such a change on your position on the hardware. Is it more that we are getting close to official statements from industry people?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

Jeremy Conrad (former IGN): BF4 and CoD: Ghosts are 720p on Xbone

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    Just wondering why there is such a change on your position on the hardware. Is it more that we are getting close to official statements from industry people?
    Pretty much, there is enough smoke there to suggest these games are 720p, and indeed if they are, that goes well beyond any difference in raw power of these two systems. Something doesn't add up.

Dedicated Member
    Pretty much, there is enough smoke there to suggest these games are 720p, and indeed if they are, that goes well beyond any difference in raw power of these two systems. Something doesn't add up.

Ah k fair enough, wasnt having a go or anything just your usually more skeptical on these things.

You are right though, there is more to it than hardware differences. But then have we got assurances that the current gen versions are even 720p?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    BilLCollecTTor
    If it's 100% true upon release.. I don't see any problem with this. If the game looks good, plays good.. um, does that mean it's bad? Look at how many people bought the franchise on the 360... sub HD native. I don't think resolution is going to be a problem.
    I've been saying this. All this ticky tac stuff doesn't matter. Because people are going to buy what they know and who they are more comfortable with. I think resolution is the last thing most people are thinking about. Controller is more important then resolution. An in this state of the game it doesn't matter to the day one buyers because even if you wanted to switch u would have to wait because there isn't anymore pre orders left.
    Last edited by I_Luv_2_Game; 10-27-2013 at 14:35.

Superior Member

The thing that you need to remember is that NONE of this matters to the customer base that MS is after.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Thread Information