Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    You can't play the xbox one exclusives/first party on the pS4 .
    Depending on the OS and network problems you might not be able to play Xbox One exclusives/first party on an Xbox One.
    ~ Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman, in that case always be Batman. ~

~ Microsoft and l had a disagreement on the primary function of the Xbox One. I wanted to use it to play games and they wanted to use it to screw me.~

2. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    And you cant play PS4 exclusives/first party on the X1. Diffrence is that alot of MS "exclusives" end up on the Playstation later down the road often times with all the DLC included on the disc. MS doesn't exactly have an abundance of first party.
    Of course.. it's not a logical choice of a fan base that wants to play system exclusives, but choose the other system. That's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlor View Post
    Depending on the OS and network problems you might not be able to play Xbox One exclusives/first party on an Xbox One.
    That's reaching, but would be bad if that actually happened.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Exclusive-wise Sony owners always win, not just fans. Fans just enjoy a little more of its glory but that is not a biggie.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Yeah, might just be some games pushing release dates back and glitchy multiplayer but I think the average gamer will get much more aggravated at having to wait for titles or getting dropped from servers since it is the kind of grief that takes no comparison to another console or reading message boards. If the games don't play right I could see a crapstorm from casual gamers where they take to the message boards for the first time.
    ~ Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman, in that case always be Batman. ~

~ Microsoft and l had a disagreement on the primary function of the Xbox One. I wanted to use it to play games and they wanted to use it to screw me.~

Dedicated Member
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AngryJoeShow?feature=watch

From a while back.

Angry Joe interviews Mr Slippery, Larry Hyrb, who pisses off all men by defaming the name of I Dream of Jeannie's Major Nelson, Larry Hagman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtSGFryKwo

Last edited by John Willaford; 10-27-2013 at 19:46.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    yup, that fanbase that already belongs to nintendo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I'm not sure that the X1 matters to the customer base MS is after......if that is even the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    Which customer base is that exactly?
    They are not going after the traditional gamer anymore. Their focus is going to be about 40% games and 60% sports and media applications. That's why their reveal was so concentrated on the sports aspect. Both in terms of games (FIFA, Madden and NBA games) and the NFL/Fantasy football angle.

The typical One owner will be the ones that buy CoD and the sports titles every year and play them on-line a lot. They will use it for music and movies and their young children will play Kinect games. They will play Kinect when they have friends over. They don't which console is more powerful because they play the same multi-platform games that the other consoles play.

They will be more interested in watching the NFL on Sunday afternoons and keeping tabs on their fantasy football than they will gaming. Gaming will be more of a part-time hobby for them and they won't be going on internet forums arguing about which console is better. Core gamers will got the PS4 route.

Personally, neither the PS4 nor the One appeal to me. I doubt I'll get a next gen console until the first price drop, if at all. There are more than enough current gen games that I haven't played to keep me busy for a long time. I may end up dropping my cash on the Steambox when it drops. The extra cash I pay for it will be easy to make on the low price of PC games that I'll be able to play on it.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    It's a similar situation that they did with the 360 at launch and one of the main reason it had the RRoD. It's just unfortunate that consumers need to pay for poor planning and mark position that doesn't effect them as gamers.
    Yep these software problems and having to rush can affect hardware as well. We saw that with the 360. The last thing MS needs is another RROD fiasco.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    They are not going after the traditional gamer anymore. Their focus is going to be about 40% games and 60% sports and media applications. That's why their reveal was so concentrated on the sports aspect. Both in terms of games (FIFA, Madden and NBA games) and the NFL/Fantasy football angle. The typical One owner will be the ones that buy CoD and the sports titles every year and play them on-line a lot. They will use it for music and movies and their young children will play Kinect games. They will play Kinect when they have friends over. They don't which console is more powerful because they play the same multi-platform games that the other consoles play. They will be more interested in watching the NFL on Sunday afternoons and keeping tabs on their fantasy football than they will gaming. Gaming will be more of a part-time hobby for them and they won't be going on internet forums arguing about which console is better. Core gamers will got the PS4 route. Personally, neither the PS4 nor the One appeal to me. I doubt I'll get a next gen console until the first price drop, if at all. There are more than enough current gen games that I haven't played to keep me busy for a long time. I may end up dropping my cash on the Steambox when it drops. The extra cash I pay for it will be easy to make on the low price of PC games that I'll be able to play on it.
    You say core gamers will go the PS4 route then what is it about the PS4 that doesn't appeal to you either? I know you've stated many times that you dont care about exclusives just mainly 3rd party so I know its not that. Just curious especially since the last time we spoke in a pm you were going to get a PS4 because of Sony's core gamer focus. And I'm not criticising or anything like that, I'm just curious and interested in hearing your perspective.

Dedicated Member

I'm sick and tired of this Resolution crap. They'll both look very nice I'm sure. DO you really think the companies are going to let them look anything less than the best they could look? And if graphics are sooo important to people, cancel your console pre-order and pony up about $3000 for a high end PC to see your so important graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM2x View Post
    I'm sick and tired of this Resolution crap. They'll both look very nice I'm sure. DO you really think the companies are going to let them look anything less than the best they could look? And if graphics are sooo important to people, cancel your console pre-order and pony up about $3000 for a high end PC to see your so important graphics.
    I'm sick of people saying that just because I care about resolution on my console that I should consider a PC when I already have one and it doesn't do what a console will for me..

Superior Member
    You say core gamers will go the PS4 route then what is it about the PS4 that doesn't appeal to you either? I know you've stated many times that you dont care about exclusives just mainly 3rd party so I know its not that. Just curious especially since the last time we spoke in a pm you were going to get a PS4 because of Sony's core gamer focus. And I'm not criticising or anything like that, I'm just curious and interested in hearing your perspective.
    There are enough next gen games on either console that impress me enough to plunk down that much money. And for the games being released on current and next gen consoles, the graphics are nice but aside from water and some special effects, the devs are all admitting that that the games will play the same on current and next gen consoles.

I can save a boatload of cash and play essentially the same game on current gen hardware.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    There are enough next gen games on either console that impress me enough to plunk down that much money. And for the games being released on current and next gen consoles, the graphics are nice but aside from water and some special effects, the devs are all admitting that that the games will play the same on current and next gen consoles. I can save a boatload of cash and play essentially the same game on current gen hardware.
    Ok, cool. Thanks for sharing that. Like I said I was just curious. I can certainly understand your perspective.

Superior Member
    Ok, cool. Thanks for sharing that. Like I said I was just curious. I can certainly understand your perspective.
    I think they Sony has done a great job with the hardware and with indies. Their first party devs are second to none. I'm just not impressed with the games that either Sony or MS have shown.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    A game pushing 2x pixels as it's PS3 version, should be capable of doing all that and a bag of chips on a GPU 8x as powerful and minimum 3x the bandwidth (up to 9x the bandwidth in places)

This fish smells a bit off MS.
    MS has made some fairly huge slip ups and its becoming more and more clear. I'd love to know what exactly is going on concerning the technical side of all this- but it's a bit aggravating.

I think it's a combination of poor management\rushing toolkits and the software by MS coupled with Activision.. Being Activision.

Maybe I'll be proven an idiot in the next few weeks, but somehow I find it unlikely that if I popped in COD:Ghosts on my PS4 and played it on my big ol' monitor here I'd go "This is truly next gen". I don't buy that.

So WTF MS and IW?

Super Elite
    I love to gloat just as the rest. This is one dam game and it isn't even a exclusive......... Lets give MS their chance to come out with their AAA's before we gloat. It is funny though as much money they pay COD to make map packs and other thigns for it but they couldn't get the resolution correct. That is the funny thing of it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by dondidit View Post
    I love to gloat just as the rest. This is one dam game and it isn't even a exclusive......... Lets give MS their chance to come out with their AAA's before we gloat. It is funny though as much money they pay COD to make map packs and other thigns for it but they couldn't get the resolution correct. That is the funny thing of it all.
    Exactly why this is so Ironic

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TOM2x View Post
    That's like telling me that if I'm so concerned about the size of women's breasts I should date a cow.

Thread Information