Apprentice

Will there be PS4 demo games to try on launch?

I'm not sure if this has been answered but what do you guys think?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    I never heard of that. But I think you can play PS4 games demos if a place got the PS4 system and you can try them out. I would say that is the way.

CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    I never heard of that. But I think you can play PS4 games demos if a place got the PS4 system and you can try them out. I would say that is the way.
    I think he's talking about demos downloadable via PSN for PS4. If PS3's launch is any guide, probably at least a few. That was the way it was on 360 and PS3 early on, as I recall. A demo for practically every new title. Only in the back half of the life cycle did both consoles start to get tight with downloadable demos, releasing them early only by code with purchase of a game or movie, a while before launch but expiring at launch, some long time after launch, or if the publisher felt like a demo would convert more undecided into buyers. The deal with demos, ultimately you lose as many people as you win, and it costs time and money to cut a demo. As a marketing tool, demos aren't usually worth it. Overall. Anecdotally and personally we all remember a game we thought would be awful but played the demo and loved it. But, in general with most games, go to the expense of creating and distributing a demo, all you do is lose as many customers as you catch.

Veteran
    I don't think there will be any demos at launch, maybe a few indie demos but there's no word on it. Still there will be plenty of Free to play games for you to try if you don't intend on purchasing any games at launch which tbh I find strange not to do, I mean at least buying just one game.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Doubt it. The earliest demo I can think of is the KZ:SF Multiplayer weekend in late December.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I remember reading every game is meant to have a demo, but I don't know if it'll be like that from the get go.

I didn't read it here, but this place says the same:
    Free Demos – for Everything
    No longer will you need to rent games or download huge files in order to try out a new title you’re interested in. Sony has revealed that every game for PS4™ will have a demo version you’ll be able to access online with one press of a button, which will be instantly playable for a period of time. What’s more, when you buy games online, you’ll be able to play them right away, while waiting for the whole thing to download.
    http://www.digitalmediaacademy.org/t...an-the-ps4-do/

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I remember reading every game is meant to have a demo, but I don't know if it'll be like that from the get go.

I didn't read it here, but this place says the same:

http://www.digitalmediaacademy.org/t...an-the-ps4-do/
    I think that was referring to Gaikai, which would allow us to instantly stream a demo of every game.

8. Likes darky89 likes this post
    I would appreciate demo versions a lot. Games without demos are actually a little suspicious to me...

what shall I expect from a game that doesn't even allow me to try it before paying?? If it were such a great game, they wouldn't need to insist on payment before actually letting me check it out.
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's pretty much a given that every launch title will probably have a demo at launch. Pretty much all the PS3 launch titles had demos because I remember downloading them all.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    I bought ac4 so I have something to play

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I think that was referring to Gaikai, which would allow us to instantly stream a demo of every game.
    Oh okay. Well, if Gaikai works decently, at least it means HDD space won't be taken up by demos.
    Personally I'm still a bit suspicious of how well Gaikai will work though.

Well, there won't be a knack demo at launch.

While you’re able to pre-order Knack on the PlayStation Store right now, it turns out that you won’t be able to play the game on your own PS4 before buying it in November, as Associate Project Manager at SCEA Nick Accordino said, “There won’t be a demo at launch, but don’t let that discourage you – there will be plenty of footage floating around and a lot more kiosk stations for you to get hands on soon.”
    Source:http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...e-way-through/

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Thread Information