Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    The way I see this it might as well have started with some corporate board members wanting to lay the hammer on the monetizing of game footage - the idea that some one is making money off of youtube ads and the like. Hence the HDCP and Sony paying for Twitch ads.

The one's who would likely suffer from this are freelance journalists and "Let's Play" creators. There are claims however that someone from Sony have acknowledged this and is looking into removal of HDCP after launch. No updates on that as far as I know.

The stuff about devkits and 10 devkits on a small team could mount up to $25000 and Penello twittering about it right afterwards make this article seem kind of smelly. I'm not saying it's bought. Just seems very amateurish at best.
    Last edited by K2D; 10-27-2013 at 15:36.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Sessler the Drama queen? IF this is about Sony then. (no actual evidence of this being about sony)

He must be having a meltdown just because Sony didn't send him a free PS4.

I'm sorry Sessler, but you ain't a journalist. No member of the gaming press are. But, Although i enjoy Rev3games, Sessler and rev3games are insignificant youtube personalities compared to the IGN, Giantbomb, Gametrailers and our very own PSU etc. Wait till the 15th like all the other youtube personalities, or get a GAMEstop employee to break street date for you.

Besides Tara LONG in the latest "casual friday" on Rev3game youtube channel says she has been testing a PS4 game all last week. It just doesn't make any sense.

OR it's about HDCP in which case he is whining that Sony did not give him a free Debug PS4 that turns off HDCP to record while playing unreleased, unpublished games. Well son, Again these are in limited supply and the people who matter have got one. Rev3 will get theirs in time, or will have to wait for the firmware update on the retail unit like the rest of the youtube personalities. OR here's an idea use the Ps4's inbuilt video capture facility.

I would argue that Angryjoe is a better game reviewer than websites like IGN, GT, Eurogamer and other YT channels because he goes in depth when he reviews a game and regularly gets over 500,000 views, these are hefty 30 minutes plus videos.

He deserves a Free PS4 Debug kit more than rev3 but you don't hear him $#@!ing about not getting free $#@! or not being invited to review events and parties. He buys everything himself.

Marcus Beer, Don't even get me started on that $#@!ing epitome of entitled man child game "journalist".
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 10-27-2013 at 21:38.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

3. Likes Malt, PhillyPhreak, FireSol , Demi_God likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    Sessler the Drama queen? IF this is about Sony then. (no actual evidence of this being about sony)

He must having meltdown just because because Sony didn't send him a free PS4.

I'm sorry Sessler, but you ain't a journalist. No member of the gaming press are. But, Although i enjoy Rev3games, Sessler and rev3games are insignificant youtube personalities compared to the IGN, Giantbomb, Gametrailers and our very own PSU etc. Wait till the 15th like all the other youtube personalities, or get a GAMEstop employee to break street date for you.

Besides Tara LONG in the latest "casual friday" on Rev3game youtube channel says she has been testing a PS4 game all last week. It just doesn't make any sense.

OR it's about HDCP in which case he is whining that Sony did not give him a free Debug PS4 that turns off HDCP to record while playing unreleased, unpublished games. Well son, Again these are in limited supply and the people who matter have got one. Rev3 will get theirs in time, or will have to wait for the firmware update on the retail unit like the rest of the youtube personalities. OR here's an idea use the Ps4's inbuilt video capture facility.

I would argue that Angryjoe is a better game reviewer than websites like IGN, GT, Eurogamer and other YT channels because he goes in depth when he reviews a game and regularly gets over 500,000 views, these are hefty 30 minutes plus videos.

He deserves a Free PS4 Debug kit more than rev3 but you don't hear him $#@!ing about not getting free $#@! or not being invited to review events and parties. He buys everything himself.

Marcus Beer, Don't even get me started on that $#@!ing epitome of entitled man child game "journalist".
    I'd never even heard of rev3games until this. So.....mission accomplished, Sessler?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

5. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I had no idea, I was reading Seelers earlier tweets about having to find a new job like WTF?

Odd that our gaf readers who usually post everything here didn't tell us about this.
    The restrictions seem a bit odd to me too.

Veteran
    This is laughable, so in his view Sony has issues because they won't allow recording or FULL HD recording for that matter at launch? Most games at launch won't even run at 1080p so there's no need for it, and if you're reviewer making a living out of that I'm sure you will be well equipped for that and won't have to rely on consoles to do the free job for you. I'm not defending Sony at all on this matter because I have no clue why they're doing what they're doing but what this guy is saying it's just senseless. Like I just said if the dude wants 1080p recording which Sony may not allow at launch and he makes a living out of doing that then I'm sure he should already have a proper recording card that will allow him to record at 1080 from 720 games lol, I know I sure as will invest on hardware and software for it, on top he implies that they should be able to edit the video IN the console which I think we should be able to but in a minor way, don't expect anything fancy, once again if I'm making a living out of it I would try to be as professional as I can and take it to the PC and do some proper video editing.

Superior Member

This the same Adam Sessler that was on that G4TV? The channel that is so crappy they show Airwolf reruns to gain viewers. I saw a thread earlier where sessler did some review of a couple games...I was surprised he was even still in the industry. I don't take just about any reviewers seriously....certainly Sessler is no different. Heard enough crap/agenda come out of almost all their mouths to skip over them all. All I need to know is that the game isn't broken...ie filled with framerate issues, screen tearing, unfinished code and simply when the game is coming out. The rest I can make up my own mind...especially with all the demos out there. Why do we need reviewers??? You think they are objective....yeah...none of them are. Put a demo up on PSN and let me try it for myself....I can review it for myself. I don't need them to tell me The Last of Us was a 10...I played it. I don't need them to tell me GOW Accension wasn't up to the GOW standards like the last ones....why people listen to any of them is beyond me....and I certainly lose no sleep if Sessler left the industry.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    This is laughable, so in his view Sony has issues because they won't allow recording or FULL HD recording for that matter at launch? Most games at launch won't even run at 1080p so there's no need for it, and if you're reviewer making a living out of that I'm sure you will be well equipped for that and won't have to rely on consoles to do the free job for you. I'm not defending Sony at all on this matter because I have no clue why they're doing what they're doing but what this guy is saying it's just senseless. Like I just said if the dude wants 1080p recording which Sony may not allow at launch and he makes a living out of doing that then I'm sure he should already have a proper recording card that will allow him to record at 1080 from 720 games lol, I know I sure as will invest on hardware and software for it, on top he implies that they should be able to edit the video IN the console which I think we should be able to but in a minor way, don't expect anything fancy, once again if I'm making a living out of it I would try to be as professional as I can and take it to the PC and do some proper video editing.
    I think the issue is that HDCP is enabled on PS4 games so they cannot record the video even with external devices since it is encrypted and will be a garbled mess.
    Last edited by keefy; 10-27-2013 at 16:43.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I don't get this because sony already said they will allow other options of recording. o_o

or is this just with the launch of the system?

Dedicated Member
    Someone get Sessler some more lube for his blow up dolls.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Mynd posted that $#@! to get a reaction! I told you it didn't make any sense because it's been known for a month now.

So what's the next FUD?

Dedicated Member
    I'd figure anyone who did reviews bypassed HDCP long ago with HDMI Cap cards on pcs.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Mynd posted that $#@! to get a reaction! I told you it didn't make any sense because it's been known for a month now.

So what's the next FUD?
    I think the post was fine but the title he put was just so off that it doesn't make any sense. I'm personally not to bothered by it. If people want to try and knee jerk others, that's fine by me. I was just mainly confused about the post, the title of this topic and the reasoning behind it. LOL

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    So all this is due to the fact they cant capture video due to HDCP on the PS4? Isnt that the same for the PS3? (Though aint they disabling this sometime after launch?)

I'm so confused.. people made it seem like a bigger thing than it is :/

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    So all this is due to the fact they cant capture video due to HDCP on the PS4? Isnt that the same for the PS3? (Though aint they disabling this sometime after launch?)

They did it to take some of the pressure off of Microsoft. It's no coincidence that after 3 days of people just digging into microsoft that all of a sudden this news is trying to come out and only a couple of people are really trying to push this news out there to take some of that pressure off.

Sony already confirmed not that long ago that it will support external capture devices for video games.

Ultimate Veteran
    i think its way to early for reviews waite till the week of nov 15

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    It's 2 pro microsoft journos doing their best to stir twitter controversy to distract from the fact that

COD : ghosts

IS

720p native on XBOX ONE
    1080p native on PS4

and

Battlefield 4

720p Native on Xbox One

900p Native on PS4
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Forum Elder
    It's 2 pro microsoft journos doing their best to stir twitter controversy to distract from the fact that

COD : ghosts

IS

720p native on XBOX ONE
    1080p native on PS4

and

Battlefield 4

720p Native on Xbox One

900p Native on PS4
    Pretty much, lol.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post

It's not the same for the PS3 because you can use the AV Multi Out... The PS4 won't have that option. Sony doesn't have HDCP via hdmi for the PS4 games. That's up to publishers. That is the info I've had.

21. Likes D3seeker likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Mynd posted that $#@! to get a reaction! I told you it didn't make any sense because it's been known for a month now. So what's the next FUD?
    Yep exactly. Mynd is just upset about all the negative rumors surrounding X1 again so he thought he would dump this little gem in the PS4 section. lol Just the title of this thread alone is an obvious attempt to get a rise out of people.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-27-2013 at 19:00.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83

He must having meltdown just because because Sony didn't send him a free PS4.

Stupid iPad!
    I didn't mean to down vote you
    My bad, I completely agree with ya!
    Feel free to make it even if you want.
    Sorry about that.

24. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    Stupid iPad! I didn't mean to down vote you My bad, I completely agree with ya! Feel free to make it even if you want. Sorry about that.
    Just click on dislike again and it will remove it. Then click like.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Something went down today that we all thought had to do with the 720/1080p fiasco.
    Turns out Gies, Seesler and others where ranting/worried/concerned? about something complexly different.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12571-ke...-embargo-.html

If you haven't read Sessler tweets I suggest you do. But it sounds like Sony are being terribly restrictive about video reviews.

https://twitter.com/AdamSessler

It would be nice to hear from the PSU team on what they know about all of this?
    As a member of Gaf I'm a little bit confused by this, I was reading those tweets last night and it was mainly that PS4 games reviews will be going up in the next few weeks but Xbone has an embargo untill after launch & some reviewers aren't happy about it & there other problems with Xbone that has been embargoed too, yet your saying it the otherway around, I need confirmation
    brb
    edit, oh it is no reviews for Xbone & No direct capture for both PS4 & Xbone
    Last edited by TGO; 10-27-2013 at 19:41.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Superior Member
    I'm not sure why everyone keeps putting Sony or the PS4 into the discussion. Both Sessler and Gies have stated that the issue upsetting them has nothing to do with Sony or Microsoft.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    Could someone explain wtf is gonig on.

Why is Adam Sessler saying Origins might be his last game reviewed and something along the lines of reviews being limited or something??
    He said last "CURRENT" gen game.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    As a member of Gaf I'm a little bit confused by this, I was reading those tweets last night and it was mainly that PS4 games reviews will be going up in the next few weeks but Xbone has an embargo untill after launch & some reviewers aren't happy about it & there other problems with Xbone that has been embargoed too, yet your saying it the otherway around, I need confirmation brb edit, oh it is no reviews for Xbone & No direct capture for both PS4 & Xbone
    So no reviews or direct capture for Xbone either. How convienent that the op didnt mention that.

Thread Information