Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    So no reviews or direct capture for Xbone either. How convienent that the op didnt mention that.
    According to Albert Panello that doesn't apply to xb1. It's still strange that there would be restrictions with only a little over 2 weeks to go.

2. Likes D3seeker wishes they had posted this first.
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Just click on dislike again and it will remove it. Then click like.
    Thanks!
    I would give you a like for the info, but for some reason my thumbs up icon is missing from everyone's posts?
    Any ideas on what that may be?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSoul21 View Post
    He said last "CURRENT" gen game.
    Oh....I was like, are Sony and MS not allowing reviews of games anymore or something?!?!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    Thanks! I would give you a like for the info, but for some reason my thumbs up icon is missing from everyone's posts? Any ideas on what that may be?
    Yeah you have a limited amount of likes and dislikes. After awhile they will come back.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    According to Albert Panello that doesn't apply to xb1. It's still strange that there would be restrictions with only a little over 2 weeks to go.
    lol We'll see. Not a big deal either way. Moutains out of molehills. If this is all thats going on then Sony is looking really good.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-27-2013 at 20:45.

Forum Sage
    lol We'll see. Not a big deal either way. Moutains out of molehills.
    Could be something or maybe nothing. No one should be surprised if ps4 is a bit rushed. If it happens to software then it definitely can happen on the hardware as well. It is odd because the entire gaming industry should be lit up with more hands on reports so close to launch.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I think the post was fine but the title he put was just so off that it doesn't make any sense. I'm personally not to bothered by it. If people want to try and knee **** others, that's fine by me. I was just mainly confused about the post, the title of this topic and the reasoning behind it. LOL
    I honestly didn't know what to write as a title, there is a fair bit of superfluous info in the article, a lot of which is conjecture. What I did want to highlight was the issue video reviewers are apparently going to have. Hence the title.

I don't really know how this will work out or why Sony are bing restrictive about who gets a review PS4 (my guess would be they just figure they are going to strip the encryption on standard PS4's so why bother). However it is something people should understand, when they don't see a whole heap of video reviews showing PS4 versions being played.

Its not the end of the world (and I even said in my 2nd post this doesn't really affect you or me).
    I do imagine that if this does play out like this, then we will have accusations that MS paid reviewers to show their version. Such is life I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

9. Likes D3seeker, darky89 wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Could be something or maybe nothing. No one should be surprised if ps4 is a bit rushed. If it happens to software then it definitely can happen on the hardware as well. It is odd because the entire gaming industry should be lit up with more hands on reports so close to launch.
    Well Xbone seems to be having alot bigger problems than this so MS has definitely rushed their console as well. In fact I would say Xbone is alot more rushed. MS seems to be running way behind even in their development tools. Pretty concerning for a software company and so close to launch.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-27-2013 at 21:01.

Ancient
    So no reviews or direct capture for Xbone either. How convienent that the op didnt mention that.
    Thats all I know, reviews are a go on PS4 but are embargoed on Xbox One untill after launch.
    Direct captures are a problem on both systems due to the HDMi out
    Although I think this is just an assumption based off Xbox One, ala PS4 must be the same.
    There no evil companies restrictions other then MS's review embargo which I think will hurt the Xbox One more then anything, positive reviews for its exclusives would be good for it before launch unless they're not positive reviews lol

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Sage
    Well Xbone seems to be having alot bigger problems than this so MS has definitely rushed their console as well. In fact I would say Xbone is alot more rushed. MS seems to be running way behind even in their development tools. Pretty concerning for a software company and so close to launch.
    Anything is possible but there have been hands on xb1 and it's games all over the place and it's still coming in. It hasn't been all great but they have been more open.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    The xbone has been the console with most of its negative rumors turning out to be facts. You better hope Cboat's latest rumor doesn't become a truthfact. You and a few others are going to **** your pants if it does.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Thats all I know, reviews are a go on PS4 but are embargoed on Xbox One untill after launch.
    So the guy tweeting review embargo on xbox one till 12th is wrong then?
    Direct captures are a problem on both systems due to the HDMi out
    Not true at all.
    Although I think this is just an assumption based off Xbox One, ala PS4 must be the same.
    What? What are they filling you head with over at gaf? PS4 is well known to have restrictions on recording the HDMI restriction.
    There no evil companies restrictions other then MS's review embargo which I think will hurt the Xbox One more then anything, positive reviews for its exclusives would be good for it before launch unless they're not positive reviews lol

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
    What embargo? Last I heard they embargoed the XBO version till a week after PS4 version.
    And considering it launches a week later that makes sense.

None of that would make Sessler consider finding a new job.

2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lol bro Sony has had plenty of hands on with the console and games. Isn't there a thread that's active now with ps4 units visibly plugged up and people playing.

Dat straw

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 10-27-2013 at 21:18.

16. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Power Member
    Items User name style

PS4 and reviewing games......problems ahoy.....

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol bro Sony has had plenty of hands on with the console and games. Isn't there a thread that's active now with ps4 units visibly plugged up and people playing.

Dat straw

No one said that haven't.

Last edited by mynd; 10-27-2013 at 21:19.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Soldier alluding that something might be wrong because of the controlled environment

Lol meant sub-stance

19. Likes mistercrow, Demi_God wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I honestly didn't know what to write as a title, there is a fair bit of superfluous info in the article, a lot of which is conjecture. What I did want to highlight was the issue video reviewers are apparently going to have. Hence the title.

I don't really know how this will work out or why Sony are bing restrictive about who gets a review PS4 (my guess would be they just figure they are going to strip the encryption on standard PS4's so why bother). However it is something people should understand, when they don't see a whole heap of video reviews showing PS4 versions being played.

Its not the end of the world (and I even said in my 2nd post this doesn't really affect you or me).
    I do imagine that if this does play out like this, then we will have accusations that MS paid reviewers to show their version. Such is life I guess.

There are many reasons for it. One of the reasons is at some point a few people will be left out. It just so happened to be adam sessler and whoever else. doesn't bother me and I personally don't like Adam Sessler. He's always bugged me.

The reality is, this isn't going to all of a sudden cause Sony problems. really though, I think he's just mad because he isn't getting a PS4 delivered to him. lol
    Last edited by Demi_God; 10-27-2013 at 21:28.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    The xbone has been the console with most of its negative rumors turning out to be facts. You better hope Cboat's latest rumor doesn't become a truthfact. You and a few others are going to **** your pants if it does.
    Im not worried about anything Cboat says. I don't really base my purchase off of rumors that come from a game forum. Dude is more of a captain obvious than anything else.

On topic:

For the ones that say sessler is biased, I have never known him to show any bias.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Personally I don think Id like to be the one reviewer with the devkit.
    Money is on IGN.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Anything is possible but there have been hands on xb1 and it's games all over the place and it's still coming in. It hasn't been all great but they have been more open.
    And there have been hands on with PS4 games all over the place as well (plus pics of PS4 games being played in this thread) so I dont see what the big problem is. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-27-2013 at 22:11.

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Am I the only one who has no idea what this thread is about?

25. Likes Malt, darky89 wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    And there have been hands on with PS4 games all over the place as well so I dont see what the big problem is. lol
    Obviously if ms is having issues, it's only natural for Sony to also have problems too...or the universe is out of sync

27. Likes Demi_God wishes they had posted this first.
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    Am I the only one who has no idea what this thread is about?
    No idea either, and I started it. it is supposed to be about the lack if review kits for video reviewers such as gamespot, ign, gametrailers etc

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Obviously if ms is having issues, it's only natural for Sony to also have problems too...or the universe is out of sync Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Yep, that seems to be the alternate universe that certain members here live in. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-27-2013 at 22:16.

Superior Member
    Just remember, it's 1.3K imagery, with K, small is big again!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Just remember, it's 1.3K imagery, with K, small is big again!
    Yeah. We got it the first 2 times you posted that in other threads.
    <Nil by mouth>

Thread Information