Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 8
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Wow, maybe I should have just posted the video.

It seems to me that if its even a slight whiff of negative news you attack whomever posted.

Play the ball, and I really don't give a $#@! what you think I think.
    How does that affect anything?
    How does that make any bearing on what Beer had to say?
    That wasn't an attack.

I was just sharing my thoughts on why I think you seem concerned (I am not convinced that you are concerned -- not saying you care or should care, just saying that I'm not convinced.) If I am wrong you have nothing to worry about....but I get the feeling I'm not wrong -- it's just pretense.

Again, if I am wrong and you're not pretending, don't worry about it.
    Last edited by sainraja; 11-04-2013 at 01:49.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    mynd, just give up man. Anything that isn't super positive isn't worth posting. I appreciated that you posted this because it affects me and how I will or will not be able to do vid captures on day 1. That being said... they [Sony] have said or hinted that games won't be HDCP protected so vid capping them should be fine via HDMI on day 1. We'll see though.

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    That wasn't an attack.

I was just sharing my thoughts on why I think you seem concerned (I am not convinced that you are concerned -- not saying you care or should care, just saying that I'm not convinced.) If I am wrong you have nothing to worry about....but I get the feeling I'm not wrong -- it's just pretense.

What does it matter if he's concerned or not? Look at all the negative $#@! that gets posted for the Xbox One. I'm going to guess, like you, that most of the news is being posted by those that aren't even getting an Xbox One no matter what. meh...

It's information. Just discuss the information and people need to stop with giving members $#@! about the information that is posted, on whether they are concerned, care, etc. Goodness.

It's harder for people to discuss the information, so they'd rather get on the back of someone just because.... it's getting old.
    Last edited by F34R; 11-04-2013 at 01:55.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    That wasn't an attack.

As a victim of RROD I sure as hell don't want anybody else to go through that, being without a console for 5 weeks is torture enough.
    Why would I wish that upon anyone?

Forum Sage
    ...and who said anything that isn't super positive isn't worth posting?

As a victim of RROD I sure as hell don't want anybody else to go through that, being without a console for 5 weeks is torture enough.
    Why would I wish that upon anyone?
    I don't know [why you would] -- it just seems to me that you aren't being sincere. Perhaps, maybe, because of the opinion I have of you here, but if you are being sincere then you shouldn't worry about what I said.
    Last edited by sainraja; 11-04-2013 at 01:58.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    ...and who said anything that isn't super positive isn't worth posting?
    It was a general statement, forum mood mostly, nothing in particular about one person, or any person individually.

Anyways...

This is just as it is for the One.. if people can't cap videos due to the HDCP constraints, it is going to hurt peoples businesses.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Right so we can crucify this guy on the 15th and beyond if the ps4 runs just fine? Sigh

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Only if he says #truth fact after his statement

7. Likes F34R likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It was a general statement, forum mood mostly, nothing in particular about one person, or any person individually.

Anyways...

This is just as it is for the One.. if people can't cap videos due to the HDCP constraints, it is going to hurt peoples businesses.
    http://www.psu.com/a021494/These-con...ady-for-launch

But it'll be patched in won't it?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    If it isn't available day 1, and it's patched later on, yes, it's going to hurt people. If it's patched day 1, and there won't be HDCP protections while gaming, then that's perfect and won't really do any damage to those needing to put videos up. Unless of course, they have the kit before launch, and just needed this stuff available to them so on launch day they can upload the videos they've been capp'ing for the past week. I can see that as being a problem. Nothing long term mind you.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    If it isn't available day 1, and it's patched later on, yes, it's going to hurt people. If it's patched day 1, and there won't be HDCP protections while gaming, then that's perfect and won't really do any damage to those needing to put videos up. Unless of course, they have the kit before launch, and just needed this stuff available to them so on launch day they can upload the videos they've been capp'ing for the past week. I can see that as being a problem. Nothing long term mind you.
    Sure. In that case then yeah. If it isn't long term then I don't see the issue.

We'll see I guess. But as I've said earlier, can't keep parading same things over and over (720p, and to a more over-reactive extent, this particular one).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Only if he says #truth fact after his statement
    If you say so.

The only legit point he has is the video capture thing and Sony has said that it will be patched lol. Him going on about song a retail ps4 before launch is just weird...and then states he pre ordered both consoles? Lol how about waiting til the 15th to find out?? Lmao $#@! is like a kid that can't wait to see his/her Christmas present

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    We'll know a LOT on the 15th.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    If you say so.

The only legit point he has is the video capture thing and Sony has said that it will be patched lol. Him going on about song a retail ps4 before launch is just weird...and then states he pre ordered both consoles? Lol how about waiting til the 15th to find out?? Lmao $#@! is like a kid that can't wait to see his/her Christmas present

1/ He's a member of the press.
    2/ His points were about the press in general, not specifically himself.

The only possible point he made that is not "legitimate" is why is Sony doing this.
    That point is conjecture, for sure (not one I had even considered).
    But the surrounding facts?

Forum Sage
    There are ways to circumvent the HDCP protection even if Sony were to do nothing, you guys do realize that right?

So, if the press, really wants to capture footage at launch. They can....nothing is stopping them.

EDIT

I did a little digging and found this (instead of just saying that you can):
    http://www.hdfury.com/hdmi-hdcp/welcome-to-hdfury-com/

Sessler, Beer have options. Their job isn't at stake.
    Last edited by sainraja; 11-04-2013 at 03:14.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yes, I'm fully aware, but that still brings restrictions.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    There are ways to circumvent the HDCP protection even if Sony were to do nothing, you guys do realize that right?

So, if the press, really wants to capture footage at launch. They can....nothing is stopping them.

EDIT

I did a little digging and found this (instead of just saying that you can):
    http://www.hdfury.com/hdmi-hdcp/welcome-to-hdfury-com/

Sessler, Beer have options. Their job isn't at stake.
    All they need now is a PS4 unit then.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    All they need now is a PS4 unit then.
    They'll have one on the 15th

Forum Sage
    Yes, I'm fully aware, but that still brings restrictions.
    What sort of restrictions does it still bring? I just wanna know...what do you mean exactly?

I mean, they can capture footage. The tricky part is the audio and they can do that too.

Not to mention they can also get some HDMI splitters which pretty much ignore the HDCP protection when they output the signal.

I mean, if you guys think this isn't a possible alternative for them, then explain why?

I am not saying that Sony shouldn't remove HDCP restriction for video game capture -- that's not the point -- the point is that game footage can still be captured if that really is the end goal. How do these journalists not know this?

19. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Theyre not. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...00#post6235000

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Well, I just hope people realize there WILL be reports of overheating consoles (on both sides) bad network connections and all sorts of crap. It just will. Any big rollout will have a percentage of failure.

Personally, I don't care. People who get the XB1 will be happy and I'll be happy with my PS4. I'm just glad we're finally starting to see evidence and put to rest the arguments of all those folk who said there wouldn't even be a difference between the machines and their games at launch. That's ONE silly argument down. Hopefully there are no more and people can just be happy with whatever they choose?

Hell, I'll even get an XB1 in a few years when the price comes way down. It's got some very cool features. I'm very interested to see if MS's bid to turn it into another Wii pays off with the TV extender functionality. We will see! I think it will succeed very well, or very poorly in that regard. Which is a toss up.

I AM very concerned right now with the news that MS is embargoing XB1 games until noon of launch day and not allowing comparisons with PS4 versions of the games. Not sure how they can disallow comparisons, but that is more disturbing to me than a few journalists not seeing retail PS4's as of yet. Don't journalists usually get debug units anyway? Whatever. We will see. I just hope I don't have an issue with MY launch box!

Anyone have an opinion on not being able to change your PSN ID? I'm seriously considering just signing up with a new ID with the PS4 and manually looking up my friends and adding them. Don't WANT to use my real name as I've had enough already of fools looking me up on Facebook from my PSN ID to spout crap because I wasted them in WarHawk or some other game. Did Sony confirm if your trophies transfer to the PS4 or your gamer score equivalent? Seriously considering this..just wondering what you all are doing. Really irritated that Sony hasn't done something about this when it's been one of the top requested features over the past 6 years or so.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Thread Information