Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank

Amazon US Shipped My Extra DualShock 4 Controller

It'll be here Tuesday. But no surprise early PS4 of course. Just the controller. Presumably Sony is shipping or has shipped out all the launch hardware allocations to retailers and the PS4 controllers aren't embargoed for sale until the 15th like the console itself, so Amazon shipped what they were allowed to ship. Fun. I don't remember paying extra for the Tease and Torture Service, but that was all the way back in June. Maybe I forgot.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    I got a new release date of October 30th from Amazon.com for mine, nothing seems to have shipped yet.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    I got a new release date of October 30th from Amazon.com for mine, nothing seems to have shipped yet.
    Indeed...same for me too! May use it on some PS3 games to get used to it...the excitement builds....getting close now!!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    I get BF4 on the 12th of November. It's going to be so hard to have that game in my hands and no PS4 til 3 days later.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Moved to PS4 section.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Amazon will apparently be shipping COD: Ghosts on the PS4 to me on the 5th November, I didn't realize that it would (allegedly) be released the same time as the PS3 version but according to Amazon it will be!!

Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    I get BF4 on the 12th of November. It's going to be so hard to have that game in my hands and no PS4 til 3 days later.
    3 Days poor you I have to wait 24 days if the PS4 version of COD is released the same time as the PS3 version lol
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    No signs of early shipments in EU?

Veteran
    Lol so now they're dealing like OEMs and their pcs? when they send accessories first and the actual devices.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    When did you preorder? I preordered all our PS4 and XOne stuff from Amazon on June 21. The Xone is console-only, the PS4 is part of a bundle but the second controller wasn't part of that bundle. We do have a Prime subscription. That might account for processing time differences, if you preordered earlier than we did.

The DualShock 4 works with the PS3? I did not know that. I mean, obviously not the PS4-specific features like touchpad and game audio via controller, but just the basic controller functions, I wasn't aware.

Oh, speaking of PS4 controllers, if you've never used game audio via a WiiU gamepad, game audio via controller is cooler than you think. Although if PS4 lets developers use controller audio for specific content and ONLY specific content, that can get annoying. I'm looking at you, ZombiU.

And, finally, yes ever since there was a CoD Ghosts release date, it's always been all platforms, same day, November 5 in the US. So you can buy it next week and set it on a shelf for 10 days. I've got KZ SF preordered as part of the PS4 launch-day bundle but other than that I'm going to wing it. Ghosts is a given for PS4. I guess DR3 for Xone. I'm trying to avoid the thing where I buy 10 games right out of the gate and collectively my kids and I play 5 of those games a lot but by the time we can get to the other 5 there's Watch Dogs or Titanfall or whatever, leaving US$300 of games sitting there no one even looks at for a year or two. When they're retailing brand new for half the launch price. I still have Lair. I've played 10 minutes of Lair.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Lol so now they're dealing like OEMs and their pcs? when they send accessories first and the actual devices.
    Apple's done that to me a couple times on preordered hardware. Years ago I got my spare power adapter for a PowerBook a couple weeks before the PowerBooks shipped. Same thing with my preordered iPad mini. I got the Apple-branded, mini-specific cover a week before the iPads were released. I've generally quit preordering. I made an exception for PS4 and Xone because last generation I didn't preorder and spent two months both launch years scrambling all over the place trying to find in-stock consoles. I really would like to be able to just walk in launch week and buy something and carry it home. But I really doubt anybody selling these sorts of things cares what I'd like to be able to do.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Mine is being shipped as well

Elite Member
    Same here.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Wonder how long it will be now till they start to ship the controllers in the UK then
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    Apple's done that to me a couple times on preordered hardware. Years ago I got my spare power adapter for a PowerBook a couple weeks before the PowerBooks shipped. Same thing with my preordered iPad mini. I got the Apple-branded, mini-specific cover a week before the iPads were released. I've generally quit preordering. I made an exception for PS4 and Xone because last generation I didn't preorder and spent two months both launch years scrambling all over the place trying to find in-stock consoles. I really would like to be able to just walk in launch week and buy something and carry it home. But I really doubt anybody selling these sorts of things cares what I'd like to be able to do.
    Agreed, I would also love to be able to get both a device and its accessories together on day one, but nowadays OEMs are becoming really bad at it promising a certain release date but that's just for you to be able to place the order then it takes about 1-2 weeks for them to actually ship.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Agreed, I would also love to be able to get both a device and its accessories together on day one, but nowadays OEMs are becoming really bad at it promising a certain release date but that's just for you to be able to place the order then it takes about 1-2 weeks for them to actually ship.
    It's a marketing strategy. It annoys everyone I know but I figure it must work on somebody. If it doesn't they wouldn't do it. They wouldn't do things that damage the overall business. Of course that's what Alan Greenspan said about U.S. banks self-regulating.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    My pre-order for a PS4 launch edition and an extra DS4 went in on June 10th. I got a ship notice for my DS4 this morning finally, should have it tomorrow or the day after. I have Prime.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    DS4 on the way, this will make the next two weeks very long!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I heard its a micro USB cable to charge it so we can't use the cable from ps3 which is stupid

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Mine turned up Monday, earlier than the guaranteed Tuesday. It's still in the retail packaging on my desk. Makes a fancy paperweight.

Elite Member
    I assume the ps4 will come with a usb cable right? The one from my ps3 is too big and the micro cable I have is too small to fit in the ds4. Can someone send me a link to the right one from Amazon?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    I assume the ps4 will come with a usb cable right? The one from my ps3 is too big and the micro cable I have is too small to fit in the ds4. Can someone send me a link to the right one from Amazon?
    Per the final Sony spec sheet, yes. One cable. There may be a cable that comes with my extra DualShock 4 too, but I don't know as I haven't opened it. Did PS3 controllers come with cables. I think they did at least for a while. I have too many running around to just be from consoles.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    I just went and checked. According to the box contents, nope. Annoying.

And it's Micro-B. I got you a Monoprice link. Usually a lot less expensive and I've had fewer problems with Monoprice cables than so-called premium cables. This is the 10 foot but they sell many lengths. I just figured 10 feet is a maximum play and charge length.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2
    Last edited by sanfordmay; 10-31-2013 at 00:02.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    Per the final Sony spec sheet, yes. One cable. There may be a cable that comes with my extra DualShock 4 too, but I don't know as I haven't opened it. Did PS3 controllers come with cables. I think they did at least for a while. I have too many running around to just be from consoles.
    No cable included.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Check my edited reply. I got you the info.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    My DS4 showed up today and I have to say I love the feel. I've got pretty big hands and this new controller feels great. Now I just need the system!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

26. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post

Thread Information