Xbox one worth anything?

I pre-ordered a xbox one a day one edition and was wondering if it would be worth anything on ebay after release or in general later down the road. The only reason I even got a xbox was because of the limited edition day one. I know soon as i get it im just gonna put it in the closet and maybe wait for some of the used games to come out since I never even had intention to play it. My question is should I keep it sealed in the box for a sale if its gonna be worth something or should I use it when I get board?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Use it, it's a wonderful console that will blossom into something special...i have a feeling kinect os level functions will be a really big and cool selling point

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    If any of the games interest you, keep it and play it.
    If none of the games interest you, keep it and sell it on ebay - if theres a shortage at launch it could be worth quite a bit. (Remember PS3 launch? lol)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Superior Member

I wouldn't spend the money on it unless I wanted to play it. For all anyone else knows the launch editions could have issues...like the 360 and no one will want one..they will want the second edition. I kid...I don't buy stuff unless I intend on using them...I don't know what it would fetch on ebay but I work for money...I can't be bothered to get on that rediculous site and deal with idiots.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDon187 View Post
    I pre-ordered a xbox one a day one edition and was wondering if it would be worth anything on ebay after release or in general later down the road. The only reason I even got a xbox was because of the limited edition day one. I know soon as i get it im just gonna put it in the closet and maybe wait for some of the used games to come out since I never even had intention to play it. My question is should I keep it sealed in the box for a sale if its gonna be worth something or should I use it when I get board?
    It's hard to say. If they sell out you win on ebay that night. Put it on ebay for 24hrs or less at $800 and see if it flies, $300 easy.
    If it's not a sell out, return it for your full refund and don't worry.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Use it, it's a wonderful console that will blossom into something special...i have a feeling kinect os level functions will be a really big and cool selling point

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Yes it's a good console, but all that waving your hands around to controls anything is IMO dumb.
    Voice control I could see getting used by some, and the PS4 can do that with a mic only, no need for a expensive camera to utilize your voice.

With that said, I wouldn't save it to make money. If your gonna make money then you should put it on eBay now, so someone that's pissed they didn't get a day one console can get one at a higher price.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDon187 View Post
    DON'T BUY EITHER until there are enough games to justify your purchase. If the games you want aren't there. Don't shell out. Considering the time value of money, the advancement of technology. Consoles and more importantly games will just get cheaper.

Use it, it's a wonderful console that will blossom into something special...i have a feeling kinect os level functions will be a really big and cool selling point.
    Sarcasm?
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Use it, it's a wonderful console that will blossom into something special...i have a feeling kinect os level functions will be a really big and cool selling point Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    http://www.gifsforum.com/listofimage...ure-if-serious

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    If you can wait I think it's a good idea.
    I myself can't help it and have to get it. (ps4)
    But if you aren't foaming at the mouth like me and can wait it out a little longer than you'll benefit in the long run.
    Within the first two years you'll get a price drop a HD size increase the next edition of insides will happen towards the ladder of the two years but the others should happen within the first year. Not to mention a slim model, if they could even make it smaller. It's so small already and I don't see that happening for awhile anyway.
    So if you can wait, wait. But are any of those reasons good enough for you to wait?
    Do you really think the first batch will have problems? Or is a bigger HD worth waiting for when you can upgrade it yourself? Maybe you want to wait for a price drop, I can understand that, but I myself can not wait and will have a sexy new PS4 arrive at my door in 2 in a half weeks! I am a little pissed about Watch Dogs though. That was the one I was looking forward to the most. Probably because it's the kind of game I would want to make. It oh well, it will be all the better because of the delay. Same goes for Driveclub, which I'm really starting to come around to and think I'm going to purchase after trying out the free demo.

Edit: Forgot I was in the Xbox section lol! Oh well, this is a PS site.
    Last edited by TEST SUBJECT 83; 10-28-2013 at 09:01.

Thread Information