Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I'm uncertain about the disinformation causing this fear. Perhaps someone can clarify.. In 720p.
    holy $#@! i'm dying here

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yeah we had a Sony dominated generation with the PS2 and that was my favorite generation of gaming. Of course for the record I'm not claiming any corporation is a saint including Sony. But the Sony hiding ugly faces behind masks and all that does seem a little over the top. lol Pretty accurate summary there. Sony and MS seem to be going for different audiences anyway. Both will succeed with their respective target demographic imo.
    except MS "respective target demographic" has moved on to tablets and smartphones. so there wont be any success there.

Sony did the right thing and focused on gamers first and thus their aproach will bear fruit

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    except MS "respective target demographic" has moved on to tablets and smartphones. so there wont be any success there. Sony did the right thing and focused on gamers first and thus their aproach will bear fruit
    That $500 price tag aint doing MS no favors either.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    except MS "respective target demographic" has moved on to tablets and smartphones. so there wont be any success there.

Sony did the right thing and focused on gamers first and thus their aproach will bear fruit
    As MC says, price is more a defining factor.
    If any body has had there market disappear due to tablets and phones it would be the Vita.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    It means that MS is an Ogre that looks and acts like an Ogre and doesn't hide the fact that it's an Ogre. Sony is an Ogre that happens to be hiding from it's past transgressions and is acting like an angel while hiding it's Ogre appearance. A labored metaphor for sure but you get the point.

(If you have to ask what past transgressions, don't bother. If you don't need to ask then you already know the answer).
    First, I don't know what either companies "past transgressions" have to do with anything at this point. Second, I don't get your view of how these companies present themselves. This one company "hides" and the other doesn't is silly and no, I don't get the point at all. Neither company parades out their past garbage, but it isn't like anyone is even bringing it up.....except you.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    First, I don't know what either companies "past transgressions" have to do with anything at this point. Second, I don't get your view of how these companies present themselves. This one company "hides" and the other doesn't is silly and no, I don't get the point at all. Neither company parades out their past garbage, but it isn't like anyone is even bringing it up.....except you.
    He's mad that Sony is supposedly getting a "pass" while his console of choice is being "picked on" unfairly. He can say otherwise but you can tell from the tone of his post.

"Oh no you don't, Sony. $#@! you bastards. You told me to get a 2nd job to buy a PS3. I'm not buying your ps4. You can't fool me by acting like you changed. You're not for us gamers. $#@! all the 1st party support and updates you made to the ps3. $#@! all the ps+ features and free games you give as long as you keep a subscription. $#@! all your goodwill that you made after your horrible early ps3 mistakes. You don't get a clean slate like Nintendo and MS got for their next gen systems. It don't matter that nintendo and MS $#@!ed their messages up. It's not fair that everyone thinks you are doing things damn near perfectly. You evil company. I got my eyes on you. I know you are going to stab me in the back one day."
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 10-30-2013 at 12:14.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    The Xbone reveal showed who their primary target audience is and it isnt core gamers. Old Man Gamer has explained it many times in this section (as I have) and he explained it best. Anyway, I dont feel like explaining it over and over anymore. And you just dont want to hear that anyway. lol
    The reveal showed they aren't after core gamer? I think they are. If you look at their E-3 presentation(which is actually aimed at gamers) they actually showed more games than the competition. They actually talked some TV at their E-3. Does that mean core gamers aren't the focus? If you look at MS launch lineup the focus is totally on the core gamer. Before E-3 people were saying they don't wanna see Kinect focused games at the show. Guess what, they didn't have one kinect game at the entire show. Yes, they are including kinect with the package but to say their target audience isn't core gamers and charge $499 is ludacris. Now we can all speculate on what they will do later on down the line, but for now the focus on games and features seems to be aimed at the core.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    If any body has had there market disappear due to tablets and phones it would be the Vita.
    I have to agree about the handheld market may not have another generation. But I also think that a lot of the Wii crowd from last gen will not make the jump on any console this gen until very late if at all. Tablets and Smartphones are a major factor in this as well.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I can't see why Nintendo wouldn't have a handheld lol. It's booming for them. Vita on the other hand...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I can't see why Nintendo wouldn't have a handheld lol. It's booming for them. Vita on the other hand...
    Nintendo I think might go full mobile to be honest, it fits their audience better and they don't seem to want to play on the same field with Sony and MS.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    yup and with that $500 price tag people are going to go to the cheaper, better alternatives

so yea xbone and vita will be sharing the same boat

Forum Sage
    yup and with that $500 price tag people are going to go to the cheaper, better alternatives

I wouldn't bet on that...lol

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I wouldn't bet on that...lol
    Did I hear ban bets?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    The wiiU is in the vita boat
    Code:
    Hardware       Ap-Jn    Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr      FY      LTD

FY 2012/13       -        -      3.06     0.39      3.45     3.45

FY 2013/14     0.16     0.30      -        -        0.46     3.91

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    The Wii U made the "Vita Boat" its the damn captain at this point.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I don't think it's fair to mark someone a "denier" simply because they believe it won't be so that way.

Personally, I think DD will be the focus, and the DRM will (or rather, SHOULD) be more or less what it is now - i.e. not what MS thought it should be.

As for it being solely DRM? Don't think so. But that doesn't make me a "denier" does it? You make it sound like some sort of heretic...

Yeah pretty much. This is my only concern.

If we're all more or less equipped for it, then yeah why not have DD.

To me it's mainly internet speed + bandwidth = DRM NOT being the MS way. Otherwise yeah I'm fine.

But yeah a lot of people likely will not be. Which would suck.
    Somebody who denies it won't be that way, yet posts nothing to suggest otherwise or even explain their reasoning? Seems like they are saying otherwise, just to say otherwise with no substantive argument to back up their position

Do you really think sony will give you free reign with the DRM on DD downloads? Don't be foolish. You might be able to download a game on your account on your ps5 and play it there. Perhaps even play it on a few other designated ps5's without having to sign into your account. (although based on the ps4 DD drm, this doesn't seem like it will be the case) But you will not be able to do as you please like you can for discs. For example, downloading a game to a flash drive/external storage device on your ps5/account and going to a friends house to play it. If we get to designate additional consoles to use our dd games on (without having to sign in to our account), lets say this friend does not have a designated console by you. So do you think you could leave the storage device with him and he could play that game on his ps5, on his own account? Unlikely. He would have to sign into your account to play. If he had a disc, he could play it on any console and any account.

And what makes you think it won't be solely DRM'ed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Make it 3.
    My case, music CD's.
    CD's still sell, they are the easiest thing to get online, they are the tiniest of files and can be gained in under 2 minutes, yet CD's are still selling in stores.

Now compare a 4-5mb file to something that is 50GB+ maybe even 100GB+ by the time PS5 rolls around.
    Even if people are ready to download 4-5mb files in the next few years it will be many many many years before they are ready for 50GB.

Probably won't happen in our lifetime unless some new tech is rolled out on a global scale, the only company today that can possibly do that is Google. But even then the chances in our lifetime are slim.
    You haven't considered 2 things.

1: Do you not think broadband speeds will increase significantly worldwide by 2019? I would be shocked, if the norm wasn't a several hundred megabit connection in most countries.

2: Preloading/predownloading solves a lot of problems. Suppose you don't have a very fast connection? Or don't want to risk the servers being overloaded on day 1? So if you have the ability to preload the game, (say up to a week in advance of the release date) where is the problem?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    The reveal showed they aren't after core gamer? I think they are. If you look at their E-3 presentation(which is actually aimed at gamers) they actually showed more games than the competition. They actually talked some TV at their E-3. Does that mean core gamers aren't the focus? If you look at MS launch lineup the focus is totally on the core gamer. Before E-3 people were saying they don't wanna see Kinect focused games at the show. Guess what, they didn't have one kinect game at the entire show. Yes, they are including kinect with the package but to say their target audience isn't core gamers and charge $499 is ludacris. Now we can all speculate on what they will do later on down the line, but for now the focus on games and features seems to be aimed at the core.
    Yep it did. The theme of the Xbone reveal was TV TV TV sports TV TV Call of Duty sports TV. So yeah.

Forum Sage
    Yep it did. The theme of the Xbone reveal was TV TV TV sports TV TV Call of Duty sports TV. So yeah.
    Yea, but what was e3 like and who talked more tv there? Plus who has just announced Vita tv and looking into a live tv streaming service? Seems to me they both are pushing the same agenda.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

When you say that... it's quite as true as some people will pay a higher price for the brand they want. It's such a general statement. I'm sure there is at least one person that will see the price difference, and buy the lower priced system. What makes you think those types of people will research which is "better", and what defines it as "better"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    Did I hear ban bets?
    Lay out the conditions and results of those conditions.

20. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yea, but what was e3 like and who talked more tv there? Plus who has just announced Vita tv and looking into a live tv streaming service? Seems to me they both are pushing the same agenda.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk
    Wasn't Vita TV an add on so you could play your Vita like a console hooked up to your TV?

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Wasn't Vita TV an add on so you could play your Vita like a console hooked up to your TV?
    Yeah that's Vita's main focus it would seem - as well as the abiltiy to use a DS3 (and possibly a DS4).

The live tv stuff is a plus, but certainly not what it's "aim" is. Put it this way, if Vita TV is a vacuum cleaner, it's designed to gather all the dust( consumers) that are wanting to play vita on the big screen. And that live tv stuff is merely the additional bits and bobs to gather up the different kind of dust (people who want live tv).

So if they get them, cool, bonus. If not? all good.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Well here is a new video of the os with snap running IE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UWIr5HUEP0c

I'll update op

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Well here is a new video of the os with snap running IE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UWIr5HUEP0c

I'll update op

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    You haven't considered 2 things.

1: Do you not think broadband speeds will increase significantly worldwide by 2019? I would be shocked, if the norm wasn't a several hundred megabit connection in most countries.
    Yea but not everywhere, even the US will struggle to do that. Places like Greece are in so much debt it is likely the last thing on their list. And again the people have to accept it, if they cannot fully accept digital music then these same people + many others will not accept digital gaming. (File sizes being a huge reason)

This isn't a minority thing either, the people who have the decent connections are in the minority. Would be suicide for either MS, Ninty or Sony to go full digital.

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX
    2: Preloading/predownloading solves a lot of problems. Suppose you don't have a very fast connection? Or don't want to risk the servers being overloaded on day 1? So if you have the ability to preload the game, (say up to a week in advance of the release date) where is the problem?
    Even if we were given 2 months+ to preload for the slower users the datacaps will still be an issue.
    Last edited by Bitbydeath; 10-31-2013 at 03:32.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    On that new video....

@rjtherocker This is an old XDK build. Not up to date. Game doesn't get squeezed like that and it's super slow. Current builds WAY faster.
    https://twitter.com/albertpenello

Thread Information