Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    This didn't originate from Gaf or Cboat so it can't true. I wonder if people would believe it if it was just about one console.
    Don't be butthurt just because Sony has their $#@! together and MS is $#@!ing up left and right with most of the negative rumors turning out to be true.

People gamed more on the ps2 than the og xbox. You having slightly worse graphics on your system of choice won't end your world.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 10-28-2013 at 18:14.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

2. Likes Captncoke49, mistercrow likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    As I stated in the other thread, I watch this guy daily, and he has never broken a news story ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wtf how can you watch this tool daily? I can't even watch a whole video he is so annoying.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    I used to really enjoy watching his channel. But in the past month or two he's been acting like a tool and I find my self disagreeing with him more and more. He's kind of a $#@!head, IMO.

Ultimate Veteran
    a guy on youtube said this so it must be true lol. youtube should be called bull tube

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    I used to really enjoy watching his channel. But in the past month or two he's been acting like a tool and I find my self disagreeing with him more and more. He's kind of a $#@!head, IMO.

^ This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Network affecting the resolution of the game?

netcode runs through the CPU, not the GPU. dropping the res does not equate to greater online connectivity. you can't 'magic' an internet connection by slowing down the GPU.

Doom Mongering. Thats what this is.
    Exactly what I was thinking lol.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Carla_Birch-USA
    This is the problem you get when you can make money from youtube, people post crap to get views so they make more money.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    As I stated in the other thread, I watch this guy daily, and he has never broken a news story ever. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's just trying to get subscribers. These guys always cover themselves on the back end by stating disclaimers like this could all be bs and I hope I'm wrong, etc.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-28-2013 at 19:05.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Network affecting the resolution of the game? netcode runs through the CPU, not the GPU. dropping the res does not equate to greater online connectivity. you can't 'magic' an internet connection by slowing down the GPU. Doom Mongering. Thats what this is.
    Yeah, that was the part of what he was saying that really made me laugh.

PSN ID
    Captobvious75
    Who is this guy? Oh a nobody... moving on.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

PSU Live Streamer
    Saw this earlier today. I'm sure he's probably right on a few things. The upgrade program made no sense. How are devs going to give you their upgraded version of a game for $10 and you just trade/sell the current gen version.

All his online gimping claims, nothing can be said about that. Sounds like rumor.

As for PS4 having had DRM planned at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if it did. Something was fishy to me when EA announced no more online pass crap right before the MS Xbox1 reveal. You think they did that only because MS added DRM? Naw. Theres no way they would make a change like that for only one console company. Theres a good chance PS4 had a DRM plan.

Just being real here folks. Fan goggles on the table here.

edit:
    I should add. I still find it laughable that he would post a video with such magnitude yet claim he can't back it up.
    Last edited by shepard; 10-28-2013 at 20:12.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I'm allergic to bull$#@!!!

14. Likes Captncoke49 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Well given that many of you seem confident that some of the claims are completely assinine makes me feel better.

Honestly...I didn't understand how resolution would make the connection better if decreased. Then again...I don't really dive into that stuff too much so I gave it a fair shot at being reasonable. As I say this I don't really know if I was correct in thinking it doesn't affect it, but it's what I kinda thought and at the same time many of you think it's pretty dumb too.

Either way....like I said, I'm buying a PS4 regardless. It's not like even if the network is bad at the beginning it isn't going to be fixed in a decent time frame.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    This was the guys response....b/c apparently lots of ppl were like "WTF?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knh_JlUqj9c

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Call of Duty already was confirmed as a 1080p game for PS4, still no word about the XB1 version. I would be surprised if it wasnt 1080p though. And as far as the networks go, im going to bet that theres going to be some problems day 1. Theres always bugs nobody finds out until millions of people jump into something. Connectivity however, probably wont be the issue with either network, itll probably be traffic issues.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Don't be butthurt just because Sony has their $#@! together and MS is $#@!ing up left and right with most of the negative rumors turning out to be true.

People gamed more on the ps2 than the og xbox. You having slightly worse graphics on your system of choice won't end your world.
    I guess we see things differently then. I see them doing what they should be. If they had a better launch lineup I may of just went ahead and bought ps4 about a month or two later, but they let me down. I don't see a reason for me to spend on both right now. Not when ps4 launch lineup is lacking . Next year is a different story.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Man, if I had a BS meter...

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6h9l5Gb5hE

So the guy on this video says he has reliable sources....but does not tell who they are...and says that he was told by them that:

1. COD will be 720p on both X1 and PS4 due to the fact that the network will be in the crapper for both systems....but will run native 1080p on the WiiU

2. The reason the X1 network is in shammbles is b/c they had to rework it and basically build it from the ground up again after they decided to change the DRM feature

3. The PS4's network will be in the same boat b/c they apparently were going to have a DRM feature like MS but after they saw the outcry from gamers when MS released the info about theirs....they kept it under wraps and acted like they were the hero. And now...they are basicaly building it from the ground up b/c of the same thing.

Also...the feature that the Day 1 patch will disable is the DRM feature

The specifics might not be exact but basically thats what the guy said. Frankly....I don't care. I'm getting a PS4 b/c Sony STILL seems to be the one that tries to create original games and has more of a variety of them when compared to MS/Xbox.

Sorry if this is old or if this has been disproven or anything like that.....just figured it was decent news and some of you would want to hear about it.
    Yeah, this was ridiculous. SEEMS like a last ditch effort by an MS apologist to spread some FUD over the PS4. After all if it was true about the PS4, then explain Killzone at 1080p? If the network required resolution reductions...? Same with Battlefield 4 that there are now videos for.

The idea that DRM just like Microsoft had planned for is being taken out by the PS4 update is ludicrous as well. Update is documented and it would be a LOT bigger (like Microsoft's is) if all that functionality had to be removed and the OS patched to work with it all taken out.

Oh well...only a few more weeks and we'll all see the truth about BOTH systems!

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Man, these engineering discussion about GAMES. Serious network problems trying to buy digital copies of games or likewise catastrophic problems playing online with launch games which include a major online component, that would be annoying and inconvenient. Otherwise, yikes with tech comparison charts. I know most of you see games as art and would argue to the end of the world that games are just as much an art form as writing books or filmmaking. Unless you are an amateur or nascent filmmaker or printmaker, or just trying real hard to get on Jeopardy!, you don't pay any attention to the credit roll lines extolling the virtues of Panaflex lenses and all that jazz, nor do you more than glance at the end page paragraph in a novel about the typestyle in which the text of that book is set.

Lines of resolution, frame rate, texture detail, quality of tessellation processes, please buy a PC and game on that because that's everything PC gamers argue about PCs making better gaming platforms than consoles. (Granted, it doesn't help that so-called professional -- I assume professional in this case just means they get paid for their opinions -- games criticism won't shut up about these things, either.) A GAMER enjoys good GAMES on any platform they may be found. An iPhone, an iPad, a Galaxy this or that, a 3DS, a WiiU, a Vita. An Ouya if that thing beats incredible odds and pans out. An Xbox 360. A PS3. PS4 or XOne. If you can't or won't afford multiple consoles, sure, pick one based on what you want. But an enormous number of people last ten, no matter how loud they exclaimed over which was the better console, those PlayStation brand warriors were drooling over Gears of War. Hell I thought people would cry over BioShock and then seems like they believed they saw the face of God when it was announced there had been in development and was to be finished and released a PS3 version. Likewise, Xbox 360 stalwarts turned green with envy over the whole Uncharted trilogy, the gritty, gorgeous Killzone 2 art direction, and, practically goes without mentioning, everybody's late-cycle darling, the unquestionably sublime The Last of Us.

I'm lucky this new console generation. The kids are older and though those boys still cost us a whopping lot of money, at least they can enjoy the consoles too, and there are no longer hundreds of dollars in baby expenses every month. We can buy both consoles upfront, get that done and out of the way, so we're doing that. So do that. Or pick one. Fine, even claim you picked this one or that one because it's better. But better for the GAMES you can play on it and only it. Not for these ridiculous sitcom nerd archetype tech specs for every damn game on the shelf.

Don't get me started about about the deprecation of exclusive titles by people who bought the other console. KZ SF and Knack won't suck because they're only on PS4. They'll shine or suck on their own merits. Same for Ryse and Dead Rising 3. Any of these games COULD run just fine on any console. They don't, merely for marketing reasons. They don't so one side or the other can bait you. It's okay to take the bait. Just don't swallow the hook.

When I read these tantamount to irrelevant comparisons of output resolutions for Ghosts on PS4 versus Ghosts on XOne and all I hear in my head is a quarter century of Mac versus Windows, Mac versus Windows, Mac versus Windows. Ghosts, and any other multi-platform games, barring the ones that are just flat broken on one console model, are going to look great and play great. Look and play great on the console you happen to have, as the other consoles you don't have won't be your concern.

As for launch woes, both consoles are going to have things that work wonderfully, things that are broken early on but will eventually be fixed, and things that will never ever work right in a million years. Like any new product. Game consoles or motorcycles or food processors.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by jphuff View Post
    The idea that DRM just like Microsoft had planned for is being taken out by the PS4 update is ludicrous as well. Update is documented and it would be a LOT bigger (like Microsoft's is) if all that functionality had to be removed and the OS patched to work with it all taken out.
    You could decouple that DRM framework in a couple megabytes and most of that would be update authentication data. You don't have to remove it, just unplug it. Why does anyone care if Sony is switching off a strict DRM similar to Microsoft's original plan? BOTH companies are turning it OFF. That's what matters.

Also seems a lot of people don't get the point, or the whole point, of day-one patches. They aren't crutches for lazy software engineers -- they CAN be but they aren't necessarily -- or to hide dirty corporate DRM secrets or to annoy you. They're so the software components of the product can be released to manufacturing on time instead of delaying the console shipping thereby costing the company more money for rush freight or, a bit of heavy marketing trouble, delaying the actual console release date. Yet they can continue fixing issues and making improvements far longer because they can prepare a patch that's ready for when people unpack their new consoles.

Lastly, don't for a minute believe Sony didn't have some draconian DRM architecture kicking around even if it was never signed off for PS4. There are all sorts of hideously strict authentication procedures and rights management clamps for Blu-ray movie format available for anyone who wants to use them. But that DRM would require perfectly up-to-date device firmware and absolutely compatible HDMI cables and all sorts of other nonsense that would turn people off Blu-rays and encourage them to stick with relatively trouble-free DVDs. So nobody uses it. Doesn't mean it's not there.

Thread Information