Thats because the cloud severs aren't up yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    They mentioned lacking AO, that was it.
    Thats still a missing effect. You said neither version was missing ANYTHING. And go check that helicopter pic for the clouds in the horizon. While you do that I'm going to sleep. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-29-2013 at 09:41.

Dedicated Member
    IGN is adamant about playing all review games in conditions that allow us to be thorough and confident in our criticism. On PC and current-gen consoles, I was able to play many hours of both the single-player and multiplayer, to the point where I was satisfied. That was not the case with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions, which were either not made fully available (Xbox One) or in a pre-launch state that did not allow me to experience Battlefield 4 in a way that felt comparable to what you will play when they launch, including frequent crashes and connectivity problems (PS4). To give a recommendation based on those conditions feels unfair to both the game and our readers, considering the platforms have yet to launch. So we're waiting until we can play this thing in the wild. These are problems we expect will be a non-issue when the next-gen machines launch, but better safe than sorry.

However, I can give you some impressions based on my time with the PlayStation 4 multiplayer and single-player. Purely from a gameplay perspective, I can say with confidence that Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4 and PC are equally excellent. The two are visually comparable, with minor detail differences if youíre really trying to pick it apart. The single-player and multiplayer look beautiful, and DualShock 4 is the best thing to happen to PlayStation in terms of first-person shooters. The analog sticks give you much more room for precise movements than the PS3's DualShock 3, whose sticks I've always felt are a bit clumsy. With aim/fire moved back to the redesigned L2/R2, youíre now pulling a trigger rather than pushing a button. It just feels more natural than hooking my index fingers over the PS3 controllerís bumpers. Iíll probably use this controller to play PC games for the foreseeable future.

PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

5. Likes Kevlor likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by roy8846 View Post
    IGN is adamant about playing all review games in conditions that allow us to be thorough and confident in our criticism. On PC and current-gen consoles, I was able to play many hours of both the single-player and multiplayer, to the point where I was satisfied. That was not the case with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions, which were either not made fully available (Xbox One) or in a pre-launch state that did not allow me to experience Battlefield 4 in a way that felt comparable to what you will play when they launch, including frequent crashes and connectivity problems (PS4). To give a recommendation based on those conditions feels unfair to both the game and our readers, considering the platforms have yet to launch. So we're waiting until we can play this thing in the wild. These are problems we expect will be a non-issue when the next-gen machines launch, but better safe than sorry. However, I can give you some impressions based on my time with the PlayStation 4 multiplayer and single-player. Purely from a gameplay perspective, I can say with confidence that Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4 and PC are equally excellent. The two are visually comparable, with minor detail differences if youíre really trying to pick it apart. The single-player and multiplayer look beautiful, and DualShock 4 is the best thing to happen to PlayStation in terms of first-person shooters. The analog sticks give you much more room for precise movements than the PS3's DualShock 3, whose sticks I've always felt are a bit clumsy. With aim/fire moved back to the redesigned L2/R2, youíre now pulling a trigger rather than pushing a button. It just feels more natural than hooking my index fingers over the PS3 controllerís bumpers. Iíll probably use this controller to play PC games for the foreseeable future.
    I'm out of likes so +rep instead. PS4 is the definitive console version of BF4. BOOM.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Thats still a missing effect. You said neither version was missing ANYTHING. And go check that helicopter pic for the clouds in the horizon. While you do that I'm going to sleep. lol
    I hadn't picked it up in the videos (well you wouldn't even if the xbo version had it, it would have been crushed in the gamma fiasco) and I hadn't fully read the df article. But yeah AO isnt something to be sneezed at that is a fairly important missing effect.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    need to post proper Shadow Marshal gif here )))

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Sigh, next up cod. I guess Ubisoft was smart to delay watch dogs

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Elite Member
    I hadn't picked it up in the videos (well you wouldn't even if the xbo version had it, it would have been crushed in the gamma fiasco) and I hadn't fully read the df article. But yeah AO isnt something to be sneezed at that is a fairly important missing effect.

Well mynd ive gone back over the videos and from what i can see from all of the videos the missing things are pop ins like textures and both xbone and ps4. It may very well be that the xbone got the ported version of the ps4s version of bf4 and the pc was given freedom to excersice all its power.

Though the xbone version is better on the eyes interms of richness/color saturation its 720p naitive and the ps4 is 900p native. One has 921,600 pixels the other has 1,440,000 and is most likely upscaled to 1080p the more pixels the more color you need. Thats a difference of 518,400 pixels more than half of the pixels of the xbone, so of course things can be darker. It cannot produce the same level of detail at 900p as the ps4 and thats why it is 720p. The pc verison isnt dark its actually lighter than the ps4 version. Its lighter has more detail it plays at a higher resoultion meaning it uses more pixels and colors while having a better framerate. The PC and PS4 are nearly identical If you scaled down the resolution on your tv/playstation lock it at 720p while playing bf4 it just may run 60fps locked. It would be very interesting to see that happen because there are games I play now on ps3 where if i just lower the resolution the game runs better.

On another note I just realised, BF4 is apparently just "ok" according to the critics actual reviews.

A lot of people in the beta were complaining that it felt like bf3.5 but they were playing on the current gen consoles
    Last edited by hood; 10-29-2013 at 10:34.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

Digital Foundry on Battlefield 4: "PS4 offers a superior experience"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Sigh, next up cod. I guess Ubisoft was smart to delay watch dogs

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Question now is. Is this really cause of
    the esram (which i find hard to believe) or the GPU? That missing AO would point to something more that supposed deficit in GPU power. I dunno as I have said elsewhere, somethings really not right between the theoreticals and whats really happening.

On another note I just realised, BF4 is apparently just "ok" according to the critics actual reviews.

Last edited by mynd; 10-29-2013 at 10:29.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    PS4 FTW.
    I'll still get it on PC though

Dedicated Member
    JackFrags@jackfrags4h
    To me PS4 Multiplayer looked better than Xbox One Single Player which I found very suprising. More in my impressions video.

Expand

Last edited by roy8846; 10-29-2013 at 10:48.
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Question now is. Is this really cause of
    the esram (which i find hard to believe) or the GPU? That missing AO would point to something more that supposed deficit in GPU power. I dunno as I have said elsewhere, somethings really not right between the theoreticals and whats really happening.
    its more like a combination of GPU+DDR3+ESRAM+Tools. There was many mentions on GAF from various inciders that MS toolset is incomplete and ESRAM is pain in the ass to work with

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    its more like a combination of GPU+DDR3+ESRAM+Tools. There was many mentions on GAF from various inciders that MS toolset is incomplete and ESRAM is pain in the ass to work with
    I still find it hard to believe that you can simply improve the toolset, i honestly don't even know what that means. We don't have toolsets when it comes to anything but profiling and maybe for your engine that you built yourself.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    JF teaches digital foundry a lesson.

BTW Going through jack frags footage it really seems like his version of the PS4 MP footage is actually better than the PS4 SP from digital foundry. which goes to show the amount of compression in the DF articles/videos.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

17. Likes John Willaford likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

Digital Foundry on Battlefield 4: "PS4 offers a superior experience"

Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    JF teaches digital foundry a lesson.

BTW Going through jack frags footage it really seems like his version of the PS4 MP footage is actually better than the PS4 SP from digital foundry. which goes to show the amount of compression in the DF articles/videos.
    Isn't JF only on youtube though? Or does he have another place to watch his videos?

Also he is the only one who has had access to DICE, everyone else had access only at the review event. So he likely had far more time to calibrate his gear.

Last edited by mynd; 10-29-2013 at 11:14.

Dedicated Member
    Isn't JF only on youtube though? Or does he have another place to watch his videos?

You can actually watch the videos on YT at the original 1440p encode, bypassing YT compression!
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Please tell me they are not using the ESRAM, drivers correctly, please tell me, please tell me. Ohh what the hell X1 why you no powerful?

Dedicated Member
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingSmile64 View Post
    Please tell me they are not using the ESRAM, drivers correctly, please tell me, please tell me. Ohh what the hell X1 why you no powerful?
    because of balance lol

Dedicated Member
    Stolen from GAF (taken from Eurogamer)

PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by roy8846 View Post
    Stolen from GAF (taken from Eurogamer)

God they really $#@!ed up those gamma settings.

And why doe sthe PS4 version have completly different camo to the other two?

Dedicated Member
    God they really $#@!ed up those gamma settings.

And why doe sthe PS4 version have completly different camo to the other two?
    The camos are random, as are some textures (hence in some shots xbone floor textures look better and vice versa)

(Well thats what I read anyway!)
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    meh, its online game mainly anyway so it can piss off

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Dedicated Member
    The differences in MP look night/day to me, PS4 miles better.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/10/28/...ics-comparison
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Thread Information