Latest PSU headlines:

BF 4 Criticized and GTA 5 is given months of grace !

I want to know a simple question,

Why is there a double standard for all games vs GTA 5?

We play battlefield for MP and the story was added to it at the end. It was criticized for being bad yet GTA 5's MP was included in the game and is still having issues but there was no subtraction to the game.

My better question is why does any part of the MP get Criticized for BF4 when you could argue the same points about it, itís a work in progress, its not completely finished yet.

If that is the new standard set by GTAV to give a game months before it is reviewed and scored why should not the same standard be given to all games, like Alien Col Marine or Simcity

Before you start shouting, I donít like ACM, that game sucks (and it does) the devs said they were working on fixing the issues, should it not be given the same chance? Or say something like SimCity which is still having problems is it not a work in progress. BF4 still could add 64 players to current Gen but itís written off.

All I as a gamer want is a standard for all games not just the ones you really like getting a pass until there perfect.
    Signature removed by staff.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't quite understand your point.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Because GTA V story was good with little to no problems although now looking back it was short. Still at the end of the day they gave us a complete game, and basically told us Online was the icing on the rest of the cake.

Btw no one really knows where the standards are, but they know they've been raised thanks to GTA V. You've pretty much said the story is a wash(as usual with COD and BF) So then basically you're relying on MP. Where as GTA V has a story/world where you can do more than just play through it in 2 hours or so.
    Last edited by Arimax; 10-31-2013 at 20:57.

Superior Member
    GTA V is top 3 most overrated games of all time.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Supreme Veteran

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    And your point of this thread... GTA V is being praised because what it achieved and BF 4 will get praise

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    GTA V is top 3 most overrated games of all time.

PSU Live Streamer
    BF4 hasn't even been out a week. So even if it's MP has issues, it'll take more than a week to fix it.
    GTAV MP was released and got harsh critiquing in its first week or two and is still being criticized.

So I fail to see your point. Is it specifically due to the review scores themselves?
    To that all I can say is R* was smart. They knew their MP was trash when they were due to launch the game. So by excluding it for a couple weeks it allowed for all the positive reviews to come out before the failure of a MP launch happened.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

PSN ID
    UGA-ElectricAcid
    I heard nothing but complaints the first week GTA V MP was released.

Thread Information