Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    IMO this game will suck anyways
    So this is the phantom (well not any more ) post Yung and Sub were referring to. Either they were being paranoid, or they're prophets because they called a whopping 1 post( out of 40+) that was yet to happen!

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    My friend is in love with this thing, I think it looks good, but not my cup of tea.

Should be a good shooter on Xbone.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    If Titanfall had a decent single player campaign I'd probably be interested and potentially upset by this news, but I'm not doing an always online multiplayer game again, I don't like other players in my games.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    So this is the phantom (well not any more ) post Yung and Sub were referring to. Either they were being paranoid, or they're prophets because they called a whopping 1 post( out of 40+) that was yet to happen!
    I don't know what you're talking about. I really dont care what game goes where. If I wanted the game and didn't have the console it supported, I would buy the console. That's how I am. The game is only coming to ms platforms for now. That's something people are gonna have to accept. It's not the end of the world. I think Yung was referring to the ones who were guaranteeing the game would be on ps4 within 6 months to a year. You guys make a big deal over such small things.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

5. Dislikes mistercrow is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Kinda funny now looking back to when people were all "I'll wait til PS4 version comes out a year later." lol.

Now you'll find lots of people change their statement to "I'll get it on PC anyway/instead."
    Well it is the most logical thing to do I guess thats funny seems like common sense to me though. There is no other choice no sense in buying a xbone for 1 game thats on pc anyway.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Elite Guru

Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    Well it is the most logical thing to do I guess thats funny seems like common sense to me though. There is no other choice no sense in buying a xbone for 1 game thats on pc anyway.
    You missed the point.

The point was "SOME people will hate it now even if they liked it before and will use "Oh I'll get it on PC as a way to downplay its existence on Xbox One. Why am I even needing to explain this?

I also wasn't referring to anyone in here, cause as far as I'm aware.. no one has said that here. I'm just being general with the internet as that is what people tend to do when they favor one over the other.

It was more of a dig at fanboys on the internet who like to downplay everything on either side of the fence. It happens both ways.
    Last edited by emmerich; 10-30-2013 at 05:44.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The game is only coming to ms console for now.
    That's something people are gonna have to accept.
    You are the only one that talking like this is the worst news for some. You are making the biggest deal out of it, at least in this forum.
    Check out rest of your funny post lol ==>
    It's not the end of the world. You guys make a big deal over such small things.
    Really, have fun with your TF. I am glad for you! lol

I really dont care what game goes where. If I wanted the game and didn't have the console it supported, I would buy the console. That's how I am.
    You sound so cool with this words, I am now sure girls will fade out by your coolness.
    (ē_ē)
    ( ē_ē)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Extreme Poster
    you know they were just ****-teasing you all from the beginning. it was likely always an exclusive.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Vince said he only just found out and seems disapointed. He indicated TF2 would come to ps4. I think it's good, MS will need all the help it can get to match Sonys 1st party offerings.

Sent from my GT-I9000
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Vince said he only just found out and seems disapointed. He indicated TF2 would come to ps4. I think it's good, MS will need all the help it can get to match Sonys 1st party offerings.

Sent from my GT-I9000
    I'm sure most devs that aren't first party are disappointed when they can't release on all systems. They know some people are going to miss it on enjoying something they are passionate and have put hard work into.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

12. Likes emmerich wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Sounds like the decision was made at the publisher level not the developer level, and I expect MS has spent a fair bit of money to pull it off. There's nothing saying it was always going to be a full exclusive either, that might be a relatively new decision based on MS pretty getting their faces rubbed in the fact Titanfall is the single most anticipated game they have on the platform. I wonder if they genuinely started to worry that people wouldn't by an Xbox One if Titanfall wasn't exclusive.

The thing that really amuses me if the number of people who think EA has a bias, or that it is a bad thing if they do. I saw it more as EA being worried one of the two major platforms was going to tank on launch and doing whatever they can to try keep the market going. I think all the third party developers want both platforms to grow for the first couple years, after than once the install base is a bit bigger one of them can die for all they care, but launch time is the worst time for selling lots of units, which is why Titanfall for all that they claim it needs the cloud to be possible is also on the 360. I don't think EA really expects to make a lot of money on Titanfall for Xbox One, a nice check from MS for betting most of their profits on the 360 only seems like a fairly minor risk at this point in the cycle.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    MS had to get something in return from EA
    Indeed.
    Mass Effect payback is a ***** I guess....
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

I think if MS really wanted to push Xbox One they should have made it exclusive to that only and eliminated the 360 and PC versions. As it stands, I'll stick with my PS4 and hold out for Titanfall Sigma or GOTY or just buy it on 360 if I'm that desperate.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    That "Truckload of cash" must have finally arrived at the EA HQ.

MS learning from Apple.

=(
    Arrived the day they inked Mass Effect rights to EA.
    There was always going to be kickback from that deal.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Super Elite
    I really didn't care for the mechanics. Great game but I think this would make me as dizzy as COD fast ass movements. Kudos for ms but dam can they get out of the fps and tps genre they solely rely on shooters it seems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    You missed the point.

The point was "SOME people will hate it now even if they liked it before and will use "Oh I'll get it on PC as a way to downplay its existence on Xbox One. Why am I even needing to explain this?

I also wasn't referring to anyone in here, cause as far as I'm aware.. no one has said that here. I'm just being general with the internet as that is what people tend to do when they favor one over the other.

It was more of a dig at fanboys on the internet who like to downplay everything on either side of the fence. It happens both ways.
    But if you are buying a ps4 or have already pre ordered one and you have a pc already why would you cancel ps4 to buy xbone for one game
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Forum Sage

That is a real shame for PS4 only gamers. From the first reveal I thought that TF looks like the best FPS coming out next generation to begin with. CoD: Ghosts, BF4, The Division, Destiny and Killzone:SF all look good but not quite as good as TF.

TF actually looks like a really fun game. Especially when you include wall running and jet packing into the mix it really is providing the tools for some interesting fire fights that the other games just can't and won't be able to match. Then when you include giant mechs into the battle as well, the game just seems to have a lot more going for it than the other first year FPS.

The other games are just more of the same. CoD, BF4 and KZ:SF are pretty much identical games to what we are already playing, i doubt they mechanics will change much from what we are already used to, if at all. Whereas Destiny and The Division just makes me think of a bigger more ambitious Borderlands style game.

With all that being said, if i was a console only gamer and I was thinking about only picking up the PS4 I don't think this title alone would be enough to make me buy or switch to a Xbone. Fortunately for me I can pick it up on PC.

Extreme Poster
    BF4 is not identical to BF3. I just played it for hours last night. I'm loving the class modifications and gun mechanics. the best in the business still.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Will be interesting to see how much of an impact this game has on the console warz. It has by far the most buzz of any next-gen game right now. This will likely be seen as a game you need to have, like when Gears came out.

Sony doesn't have anything with as much buzz.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    BioShock. No way, no how on PS3. Project killed. Never gonna happen. A year later, well, yeah we've got some special news, there will after all be a PS3 version of BioShock. I don't know specifically about TF. Maybe it never will turn up on PS4. But it's really not good marketing to call a timed exclusive a timed exclusive because a lot of people will just wait out that time.

I still like the looks of TF. Of course I was always going to get it on XOne, since I'll have both consoles and wasn't going to wait out what I figured would be a year to compare versions. Multi-platform games with close release dates, I'll decide around the time they ship. Except CoD Ghosts. CoD Ghosts I'm set on PS4.

Oh and knock off the whole Xbox people are all brain-dead blow-up shooter knuckle-draggers garbage. Alex Garland, you might remember from a little novel called The Beach, the original screenplay 28 Days Later, the screen adaptation of the novel Never Let Me Go, he was an Xbox 360 fanatic and hated his PS3 for a long time. I mean really hated it. Mainly ecause there just weren't but very few really good games available for it for a long time and the PSN started off very messy. Alex Garland, Xbox user, not a knuckle dragger.

Read the Edge interview series with Garland. Become enlightened.

Extreme Poster
    So what did Alex Garland think of the PS3 games after the messy start?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Will be interesting to see how much of an impact this game has on the console warz. It has by far the most buzz of any next-gen game right now. This will likely be seen as a game you need to have, like when Gears came out.

Sony doesn't have anything with as much buzz.
    I think agreed on that. I mean there's stuff like Infamous Second Son but you have to be an Infamous fan. I think most of the PS4-exclusive buzz will ramp up when they announce extensions of the Uncharted franchise and probably The Last of Us, as well as a new major Media Molecule project.

Funny, you know I went through a bunch of top 10 and top 20 games of the last gen, trying to fill in gaps for things I meant to play but never did. I played the hell out of Gears on my 360. Fried the first one playing it. I mean, I actually loved the PS3 F.E.A.R. port but it was nothing like stuck in the console like Gears was after it came out. But no Gears game made any of those major last gen must-play lists. Not a one.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    Oh and knock off the whole Xbox people are all brain-dead blow-up shooter knuckle-draggers garbage.
    Who said that?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    I think he's fairly console-agnostic now. He's since done some games writing and story consulting for Ninja Theory, and he's more concerned about games doing story well, game designers considering story of paramount importance, than this or that console being the better platform. He's had very favorable things to say about Naughty Dog, specifically the Uncharted series -- The Last of Us wasn't out when that interview ran; I don't even know if it was announced.

My impression is he'll buy any console that comes out. He's a games fanatic. After all, he had the 360 but also owned that PS3 he hated. He's probably got an Atari Jaguar in his attic. (I shouldn't make those sorts of jokes. I've got an Atari Jaguar in my attic.)

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    By implication, not literally. "Heavy-handed shooter with lots of explosions and stuff, that'll do well on the Xbone." Implication: We of the PS are elite intellectual types that seek existential relevance from our games, not merely robot-go-boom.

So what does that make me with both 360 and PS3, buying at launch PS4 and XOne? Only half stupid?
    Last edited by sanfordmay; 10-30-2013 at 15:04.

Thread Information