PSN ID
    croatoa

Problem accessing site features- forum specific

Hello, I am hoping some tech savvy dude will help me out here- I try to sign in to contribute to the forums but whenever I login normally it doesn't work- just puts me back to the home menu- When I facebook login it allows me to do some forum things- but as soon as I click on a topic link most of the time it signs me out again and back to the menu. Help someone?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Have you tried clearing your browser cache? What browser are you using?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    There is something wrong with the "save" check box at the top of the page, it wont save your log in. Our tech team is looking into this and I brought to their attention recently.
    How ever there is a walk around to this. If you click the lick below, put in "user name" "password" then make sure to click the "save" box. That should keep you logged in.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/login.php?do=login

PSN ID
    croatoa
    F3AR- I am using Google Chrome for my browser- and I would have no idea how to check my cache- I am technologically inept

Agriel- Okay I will try that- thank you both- very helpful

PSN ID
    croatoa
    Agriel- strange when I click on the link it signs me in automatically- but that doesn't save the status for me :P I might just have to wait until the problem is fixed? if so no big deal- just want to know what I'm dealing with

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Ctrl+shift+Delete

Brings up a check box to select what you want to clear.
    Works for Chrome and Firefox.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide_Warrior View Post
    Agriel- strange when I click on the link it signs me in automatically- but that doesn't save the status for me :P I might just have to wait until the problem is fixed? if so no big deal- just want to know what I'm dealing with
    you need to be logged out when you click the link, other wise it will just log you in. Sorry maybe I should have made that part clear

PSN ID
    croatoa
    Okay so I did that process as well as clearing my browser history- whenever I go to the forums screen it keeps me logged in- it is only when I go to the home page or try to access a thread topic from there that I am actually signed out of PSU- for now I will stick to the forums screen but it just sucks that I can't access a lot of the headlines that capture my interest in the first place :P Thank you for the suggestions and I appreciate all your help guys

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Okay so I did that process as well as clearing my browser history- whenever I go to the forums screen it keeps me logged in- it is only when I go to the home page or try to access a thread topic from there that I am actually signed out of PSU- for now I will stick to the forums screen but it just sucks that I can't access a lot of the headlines that capture my interest in the first place :P Thank you for the suggestions and I appreciate all your help guys
    I am going to pass what you said along to the tech guys I will get back to you.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Looking into this...
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Hello, I am hoping some tech savvy dude will help me out here- I try to sign in to contribute to the forums but whenever I login normally it doesn't work- just puts me back to the home menu- When I facebook login it allows me to do some forum things- but as soon as I click on a topic link most of the time it signs me out again and back to the menu. Help someone?
    did you try turning it off and on ?

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Hey Riptide. Looks like you are having the same problem that some other members reported a couple of weeks ago. Easy fix, but I need one of our system admins to run a script to fix it. Sometimes it takes a few days for them to get around to it, but I'll send you a PM when it is done. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

PSN ID
    croatoa
    wow I never expected this much of a response- you guys rock DJ yes this problem has been occurring since I joined the site back in the summer- but I didn't, really care until I recently started getting more active in the community.

Christopher and Agriel, you both are awesome and I wish more people were like you guys

14. Likes Christopher , Agriel likes this post
    wow I never expected this much of a response- you guys rock DJ yes this problem has been occurring since I joined the site back in the summer- but I didn't, really care until I recently started getting more active in the community.

Christopher and Agriel, you both are awesome and I wish more people were like you guys
    PM sent. Thanks.

PSN ID
    croatoa
    Just to update- I have now visited the site multiple times this week and I am no longer experiencing the problem with logging in. The technology gods smile on me again :P (feeling optimistic)

17. Likes Christopher likes this post

Thread Information