PSU Live Streamer

Sony lifts street date on numerous ps4 products

source: http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2013...unch-software/

GameStop has been full of surprises recently. PlayStation 4 accessories are flying off the shelves weeks before the console hits the market. Not to mention the fact that Killzone Shadow Fall, a PlayStation 4 launch title is now available for purchase. Add the fact that there’s also several third party chat headsets available for the PS4, and we’ve got quite the situation on our hands. Power to the players!

iGR has now been informed that Sony has lifted ALL street dates from their PS4 accessories and launch software. It’s been confirmed to us that PS4 launch titles like Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Battlefield 4 will be available November 12th. Three days prior to the launch of the console. There’s even talk that the SCEJ launch title Knack may be showing up ahead of schedule.

This information comes from a reliable source within GameStop. When referring to PS4 games being available for purchase pre-launch, the source stated, “It’s great for us, because we’re now looking at one dedicated console line on November 15th.”

We’ll update with more information if we receive it.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    How about, Sony authorizes shipment of preordered consoles two weeks early. You know, pull a Saturn. Some of us remember how well that worked out.

It's hype building but it's goofy. I already got my extra DualShock 4 from Amazon. I doubt I'll get Killzone from them early because it's part of a bundle and shipping it early would require billing me everything or nothing. But I think it's goofy because you can go spend a bunch of money on stuff that will still be there two and a half weeks from now when the consoles are there, but it's all useless until they're allowed to ship or sell the consoles.

Oh, one thing about the article quote. Third party launch title street dates aren't Sony's to lift. Most all of them were scheduled to ship before launch, some same day as their current gen versions.
    Last edited by sanfordmay; 10-30-2013 at 19:34.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Getting controller early is cool since it can be used on just about everything.
    I think I can control my washer and dryer with it too

4. Likes John Willaford likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah I was trying to add a game to my Gamefly queue last night and saw the dates for some multiplats was the 12th. Kind of surprised.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    How about, Sony authorizes shipment of preordered consoles two weeks early.
    Actually, there is a rumor that Sony may allow online pre-orders to ship a couple days before launch date so they arrive on launch day, some before, some after. That wouldn't be bad at all and probably increase Black Friday sales.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I've seen some people with KX SF on Google+ already. Not sure if they're review copies though. But they looked retail.

(Though I don't know if there's a difference )
    Be Together - Not the same.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Actually, there is a rumor that Sony may allow online pre-orders to ship a couple days before launch date so they arrive on launch day, some before, some after. That wouldn't be bad at all and probably increase Black Friday sales.
    Amazon always sends street date stuff to me at least one day early if I select release day delivery -- I always do for street-dated items; it's free with Prime. Two days early if the second day back is actually a shipping day. For games it's usually a non-shipping Sunday so they ship Monday and eat the overnight shipping costs for Prime customers. Gamefly is either allowed to or they just do it, mail rental and purchased games via USPS the business day before street date, since the earliest you can possibly get USPS is the next day -- which would be street day. Does Britain still have same-day post, morning and evening mail, in large urban areas? I don't know. I know they used to, for longer than the States did.

So I guess in this case the 15th being a Friday they could ship out two-day on Wednesday and I COULD get it Thursday. Somehow though since it's a high enough priced item I get the vibe they may pull and process and bill on Wednesday but it will actually ship via carrier on Thursday with overnight service and I'll get it Friday the 15th, launch day. I agree Sony might allow economy 3 - 5 day and free 7 - 10 day shipping service preorders to ship some few days early so they arrive closer to launch day. Some of those certainly could show up a day or two early.

Still, I bet since I've got a premium shipping service level guaranteed via my Prime subscription, I get it bang on Friday, while the super saver shipping cheapskate down the block gets his at 10am Thursday morning. Oh, the irony.

9. Likes John Willaford likes this post
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I've seen some people with KX SF on Google+ already. Not sure if they're review copies though. But they looked retail.

(Though I don't know if there's a difference )
    I do. I used to review games. Most AAA and other ready way before street date games, the review copies come from Sony, or whatever publisher, as standard retail boxed copies, shrink-wrapped. Sony and a few other publishers punch out the UPC codes on the printed case inserts so they can't be sold as new. Other games sometimes come in an unmarked case, the disc a retail-playable disc but often no art or retail labeling on the disc itself either. And then some review games come as debug copies. But I don't know which, if any, games press outlets already have debug PS4s or PS4 development systems to play them. The debug copies won't play on retail systems.

Interesting aside, Nintendo, at least back when I was reviewing games, they wanted their first-party published review copies sent back to Nintendo, retail version or not. Other first-party publishers like Sony and Microsoft let the reviewers keep the games.

Succinctly, if the copies in the photos on Google+ look like retail copies, they are retail copies. Which in this case doesn't mean they're not review copies, but they're the real deal either way.

11. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Might as well let people buy the accessories early, softens the blow of having to buy everything at once.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Might as well let people buy the accessories early, softens the blow of having to buy everything at once.
    Ha, yeah. I guess I see that. Means you might buy more if it's in little bites before the big bite. But, I preordered the PS4 and an XOne, as well as a few extra, in June and around the first of July I put a debit in my November budget for the total cost, tax and the works, of both systems. So for me, although the money is still physically available, it's been for all practical purposes gone since before the middle of summer.

Veteran
    Ordered the controller, KZ:SF and BF4 yesterday on Amazon Prime. Got email this morning the controller had shipped, KZ:SF and BF4 preordered. So, Amazon is not breaking the street date right now, that might quickly change. Until then, I am probably going to be polishing the spot for my PS4 on my HDTV stand, visualizing it there, stroking the empty air gently with my left hand, as if caressing a new flame, and while sipping a glass of chablis in my right hand ...

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    OMG!!! There are headsets for the PS4!!! I'm getting one of those Prime by Dreamgear....but it doesn't hit the streets until the 24th

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    I'm preparing to barricade the master bedroom for a week. Laying in enough food and water, that sort of thing. I've got a PS4 and an XOne preordered. The PS4 is going in my room, the XOne in my sons' room. We're going to swap around of course but please not the first week. I was hoping both consoles would launch the same day but from a retail strategy that was just a pipe dream. So I have to defend the perimeter for a week until the XOne gets here. Thank God it's not their school's Thanksgiving break that week. I kind of counted on KZ SF having online multiplayer split screen, if not offline split screen co-op too. Alas, no, but I'm pretty sure COD Ghosts will at least have split screen online competitive multiplayer, so there's something we can trade off all playing together early days.

Best laid plans, sure, but how much you want to bet I'll spend the whole first week watching the kids play the PS4? Somehow I don't think that's what Sony meant by spectator mode.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    OMG!!! There are headsets for the PS4!!! I'm getting one of those Prime by Dreamgear....but it doesn't hit the streets until the 24th
    You mean a chat headset? Or chat + game audio? I wouldn't worry too much about the wait, at least not for inconvenience. Per the final spec sheet all launch PS4's come with a mono headset in the box. Like the XOne launch console headsets, I'm sure they won't be stellar quality, but they'll work in the meantime.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    You mean a chat headset? Or chat + game audio? I wouldn't worry too much about the wait, at least not for inconvenience. Per the final spec sheet all launch PS4's come with a mono headset in the box. Like the XOne launch console headsets, I'm sure they won't be stellar quality, but they'll work in the meantime.
    Wait so is this: http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessor...headset/112301
    a chat headset or a gaming headset...as in game audio and chat?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    That's both game and chat. Any headphones should work for game audio via the controller but you'll need something like that for game and chat. The included headset will be chat only. And you might want to check that particular model out pretty well first. Description says plugs directly into your TV for game audio. So it's not doing game audio and chat both through the controller. That might not even be possible. You may have to set the controller audio for one or the other. But in any event, that headset just has a split cable system. One goes to your TV from the headset, the other sends the mic output to the controller. I can't tell if it takes chat audio off the controller jack or you have to set the PS4 to mix chat in with the game audio.
    Last edited by sanfordmay; 10-30-2013 at 23:33.

Veteran
    Well, it says this right below:

Independent game and chat volume controls
    Plugs directly into your TV for game audio
    Blue LED glow effect around the ear pads
    High performance microphone with flexible boom
    Crisp amplified sound for the ultimate gaming experience
    Perfect for online PC gaming and PlayStation® Network
    Over-the-ear cushioned pads that fit over the ears for extra comfort
    15 foot gaming cable
    It says the platform is PS4. This can't be 7.1 for that price.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Well, it says this right below:

It says the platform is PS4. This can't be 7.1 for that price.
    Then it has to be pulling chat off the controller. Or doing some pretty slick channel processing, but like you said for 7.1, not for that price.

Super Elite
    People that won a ps4 from the Taco Bell promotion will probably get it on Nov.14.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Quote Originally Posted by x_terna View Post
    People that won a ps4 from the Taco Bell promotion will probably get it on Nov.14.
    HA!

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I thought getting COD: Ghosts early for the PS4 was cool but would be awesome if they started sending out the controllers early in the UK as well! Even better would be the console early but that's just wishful thinking lol!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    So is this America only? Seeing as it doesn't launch until the 29th in the UK/Europe?

PSN ID
    Raginclimax
    I would love to get my console early (UK) but i doubt its going to happen...i've even taken booked holiday for the day before just in case.

#Greatness Awaits
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PSN iD: Raginclimax
    Console Portfolio:
    PS3 Slim
    PS Vita
    PS4 (Paid for, Awaiting arrival)

Ultimate Veteran
    maybe sony will launch the PS4 before nov 15 that would be awesome

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Allen View Post
    I would love to get my console early (UK) but i doubt its going to happen...i've even taken booked holiday for the day before just in case.
    Same here, glad I'm not the only one lol, booked a couple of days off after as well!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Thread Information