Latest PSU headlines:

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914

PS4 OS Details Revealed by Former Sony Employee: Share Button Options, Notifications

I think this is good information that we should all know. It looks like they made this OS very functional.

http://gamingbolt.com/ps4-os-details...-and-safe-zone

Kenny Linder, a former employee of shuttered Sony UK studio Bigbig, has revealed some new details about the PlayStation 4′s OS , namely about adjusting the safe zone, notifications and the extent of what the Share button can do.Remember playing some games where you could adjust the size of the screen to better fit the game into the edges? That square is the safe zone and dictates how the game is fit into your display. You can now adjust it in the PS4′s OS itself, thus eliminating the need to individually match it for each game.
    As for notifications, you can choose from different toggles for what notification you receive such as for Friends, Downloads Complete and much more. If you want to game in peace without any notifications, you can switch them off without issues. You also have the option to turn the OS music on and off.
    The Share button has three key functions: the ability to take screenshots, calling up the menu and recording video. You’ll also have different options for how many taps do what. For example, a single press of the Share button could take a screenshot while double tapping it will start recording. You can adjust these around to have a single press bring up the menu and a long press to start recording depending on your preferences.
    The PlayStation 4 will be launching on November 15th in North America and on November 29th in Europe. What are your thoughts on these additions to the OS? Let us know below.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/ps4-os-details...ZaHhZV3ucTb.99

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    NICE. just these little things are very customizable.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Awesome! More good news!

PSN ID
    whoaduh
    Just a quick question. I'm a little confused. I thought the ps4 will always be recording the last 15 minutes in the background but this is saying you have to start the recording with the press of a button. what's the deal?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I like the screen adjusting idea. Always was annoying having to change that for every game that had it.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by whoaduh View Post
    Just a quick question. I'm a little confused. I thought the ps4 will always be recording the last 15 minutes in the background but this is saying you have to start the recording with the press of a button. what's the deal?
    Without a button to trigger multiple instances you would only have the final fifteen minutes available at the end of your game.
    ~ Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman, in that case always be Batman. ~

~ Microsoft and l had a disagreement on the primary function of the Xbox One. I wanted to use it to play games and they wanted to use it to screw me.~

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Looking at the recently revealed FAQ, it will be storing the last 15 minutes of gameplay video in RAM (from what I can tell), they should of put 1GB of cheap DDR3 RAM in there for the video hardware to store the last 15 minutes on instead of wasting previous GDDR5!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    It would be exponentially more expensive to implement that onto the motherboard.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    It would be exponentially more expensive to implement that onto the motherboard.
    If they would have designed that from the get go it wouldn't have cost that much more, it could have been integrated into the video compression/decompression chipset

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    PS4 has enough RAM. That feature doesn't hurt game developers at all.

Thread Information