Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

Anyone playing BF4?

Not much talk around about this game. Perhaps many here are waiting to PS4? If you are playing it on PS3, what do you think?

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Won't be buying any crossgen games on PS3 or PS4. Only buying a handful of PS3 games now and I'll probably hold out a year on the PS4...unless I come into some good money!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    I have it for my PC and I will get it for my PS4. I won't be getting any PS3 games after I got Beyond 2 Souls and Pacman. Any other games I will get them for my PS4 until Dark Souls 2 comes out.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Any crossgen game I get will be on PS4.

the only one I bought is NBA 2k14 but then upgrading to PS4.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Dedicated Member
    It's on my console but won't run until the activation date/time of 00:01 on Friday.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    It's on my console but won't run until the activation date/time of 00:01 on Friday.
    This, was going to wait for PS4 but I thought why not with the upgrade thingy, so bought it off PSN 4 more hours..
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Superior Member
    Yup I'm waiting for PS4 version... No crossbuy upgrade, I like to have my discs
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Any crossgen game I get will be on PS4.

the only one I bought is NBA 2k14 but then upgrading to PS4.
    Has Madden been chosen as a cross-buy title for PS4 or no?

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Game is pretty good, a lot better then BF3. Most maps play with 24players pretty good apart from like 2... but still more decent then BF3. Graphics seemed to have some improvements over BF3, just some better textures and more sprites and maybe even better lighting.

Dislike the new helicopter handling, so slow in sluggish.. Makes it hard to avoid multiple stingers as you just can't escape in time for the second rocket.. Also attack boat vs helicopter, seems like the only way the attack boat will lose is if the boats gunner sucks big time..
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    xShadow__WoIf (2 underscores, L in wolf is an i)

Add me on the ps3, didn't dice say stats will carry over? Only playing the mp, haven't touched sp and will not till the ps4

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Just bought it from game with a guarantee 40 pound trade in for ps4 version so really get to rent it for a month for a fiver with the option to continue with the psn download or start fresh with a new ps4 disc. Not a bad option

Extreme Poster
    BF4 is the best shooter out at the moment. I don't care what COD has to offer...they've just upped the game.

very impressed by the customizations. they actually matter now and are better than the system Black Ops 2 introduced.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    BF4 is the best shooter out at the moment. I don't care what COD has to offer...they've just upped the game.

very impressed by the customizations. they actually matter now and are better than the system Black Ops 2 introduced.
    Sufi add me, changed names. Mullah88 will be for single player games and this other account ^^^ will be all things mp. We have a group of guys with similar names to boot (double underscores with wolf at the end)...The Wolf pack lol

Really fun game, I don't like how the perk system is now pre determined but it's not that bad. Also go log in to battlelog to create your Clan tag and emblem. Too bad there is no clan system, also no party system

something I put together last night when I found out

Last edited by YoungMullah88; 11-02-2013 at 02:44.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Sufi add me, changed names. Mullah88 will be for single player games and this other account ^^^ will be all things mp. We have a group of guys with similar names to boot (double underscores with wolf at the end)...The Wolf pack lol

Really fun game, I don't like how the perk system is now pre determined but it's not that bad. Also go log in to battlelog to create your Clan tag and emblem. Too bad there is no clan system, also no party system

something I put together last night when I found out

i agree that while that sucks...overall it's still not that bad. i do like that they didn't focus on the perk system so much but more on the attachments.

they now have the best attachment modifier i have ever seen. it's amazing how much difference everything makes and how each weapon now is accurate to how it should be. not that i have experience with guns but it makes sense what certain guns do and the GLA vs Stinger they also fixed where they're both "different" and not just that one side has it and the other doesn't.

yea i'll add you, i'm on a different account right now because i play all online games on it so my son can mess about and get killed constantly. i'm not on it all the time but it is used at home a lot.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i agree that while that sucks...overall it's still not that bad. i do like that they didn't focus on the perk system so much but more on the attachments.

they now have the best attachment modifier i have ever seen. it's amazing how much difference everything makes and how each weapon now is accurate to how it should be. not that i have experience with guns but it makes sense what certain guns do and the GLA vs Stinger they also fixed where they're both "different" and not just that one side has it and the other doesn't.

yea i'll add you, i'm on a different account right now because i play all online games on it so my son can mess about and get killed constantly. i'm not on it all the time but it is used at home a lot.
    If you also look at the weapon stats, they are mostly the same (all assaults have almost the same stats except for the fire rate) but with attachments, they start having there own identities. I like that

Playing the support role (medic) now, with the Medic perk.

Flying is now a pain in the ass! But I can manage with legacy sticks.... One thing that sucks tho is the noobtube that everyone is now running around with. Support class or assault? Medic class, $#@! is annoying

Last edited by YoungMullah88; 11-02-2013 at 04:12.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    So is this the first ever Battlefield game on PS3 that has working voice chat at launch? And not the Lets-wait-100-days-before-voip-gets-fixed-BF3 because nobody on PS3 uses microphones anyway?
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    If you also look at the weapon stats, they are mostly the same (all assaults have almost the same stats except for the fire rate) but with attachments, they start having there own identities. I like that

Playing the support role (medic) now, with the Medic perk.

Flying is now a pain in the ass! But I can manage with legacy sticks.... One thing that sucks tho is the noobtube that everyone is now running around with. Support class or assault? Medic class, $#@! is annoying

support and recon got a big boost. i have been leveling up my $#@! on support because it's pointless on other classes since if you shoot a bullet and reload, you lose that clip.

being used to reloading every single time i stop shooting as any good shooter fan should, makes it more challenging for me because i'm so used to having a full clip constantly. but i like this change, it's more realistic and this way, you get to use your pistol more, weapons around the place more (once i took down 10+ people in a match with a boat stuck on land lol cause i ran out of bullets).

it also makes the support guy more important, too bad people are still $#@! and don't throw that $#@! down. i constantly do, it's the backbone of assault and engineer class (maybe not recon cause they don't run out quick).

i really really like how you have more options to choose different weapons. i felt like before the classes were too restricted. i like that now even though you have your own special weaponry, you still get a lot of choices so you end up choosing more types of classes in different situations.

i like the assault class too but they're the most difficult imo to level up with.

Dedicated Member
    Backwardfield 4.

Cant squad up pre game in the lobby.
    Cant customize load out pre game.
    No team chat.

Pfft
    PSN = prison_inmate

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    But those things where in the Beta tho??

Yeah it Kills me when people don't throw down ammo crates. And yet I'm busting my ass going 1:1 on by kdr just to revive and be a team player smh.

But the AUG is a beast of a gun! Looks like they nuffed the M4A1 it used to be comparable with the m16

Extreme Poster
    @mudshark, totally agree.

@mullah, lol i know right!? i hate how people don't play this game like a team when it's so important to do so. i haven't seen AUG yet and have only tried M4A1 in SP, but so far I like all the gun changes and i particularly don't care about certain guns, just want the overall gun mechanics to be fair. so far they seem to be fair. i actually like trying out new guns, i felt like BF3 only had a few good guns, this game seems to give an impression that all guns are good in certain situations. LOVE THAT.

hey mullah, i can't add you, it says it's not registered, you sure you gave me the right one? gonna play tonight, will see if i can add you and we should play!

Dedicated Member

I do like BF4 quite a bit. But, what is up with no team chat and not letting us squad up prior? SOmetimes I really don't get what these devs are thinking when they screw around with certain features. Bad focus group studies?

Extreme Poster
    i'm blaming the fact that they had so many versions to launch. it's funny how they had these features and now they don't.

Superior Member
    So can someone clear this up...chat doesn't work on the PS3 version of Bf4 right now?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    LOL Its xShadow__WoIf

2 underscores _ _ and the wo(i)f has an i in place of the L. Do yeah if you spell it WOLF it will not show up, had to be WOiF.

The regular spelling was taking

finally balanced the ak12 attachments where I can hip fire with much better accuracy and stability. It seems the better attachments are locked in the briefcases.

I swear I can hip fire a long distance away without ads lol its like cheating

i think they were concentrating on next gen versions which will have party chat in the os level and will also let you party up before even booting up the game

Last edited by YoungMullah88; 11-03-2013 at 16:41.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    So can someone clear this up...chat doesn't work on the PS3 version of Bf4 right now?
    it does for me.

Thread Information