Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 109
  1. #76
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,740
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    111,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    so many nintendo defenders lol sheesh. i just want their games without paying extra for a console that i don't agree with the direction of. calm down.

  2. #77
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    14,886 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    so many nintendo defenders lol sheesh. i just want their games without paying extra for a console that i don't agree with the direction of. calm down.
    What I don't get is why they're in the "Wii U Sales and Numbers Thread" if they don't care about Wii U sales and numbers. Their only purpose is to come here and troll. More realistically, they do care and for some reason Nintendo's $#@!ty sales numbers are hurting their emotional state.

  3. #78
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,331 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I like the system, and I love the games I have for it. That's how it is with all my systems.




  4. #79
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,740
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    111,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    @Typical. lol oh no i meant the ones that disagreed with my post by disliking it. i was just saying that i like their games, i always have but i will not pay for a console that is only good for a few games. that is my problem. i'm a one-console person.

    as for the sales discussion. i think both sides have a good point. but ultimately the sales point would stand more because you can't have a console without sales. it doesn't matter what you're deciding on, if the sales go kaput (PSP Go), you don't have a console to play with moving forward.

    unless that specific person got the console for those specific games, then i get it and well, if you wanna pay for a console good for only a few games, go right ahead mr. first-world-benefits lol.

    at the same time, there comes a certain point where sales really do not matter. it's more to do with what the company's direction is, (like Wii sales didn't really help with more AAA games, just more shovelware, Wii had good first party but we all know they could've done way better), or its architecture (PS3)...but yes, sales aren't always important but pretty much most of the time they are or the company/devs won't get the chance to invest more money into it.

    PSP had this issue, most devs did not want to invest into it.

  5. #80
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    14,886 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I like the system, and I love the games I have for it. That's how it is with all my systems.
    Of course. Here's the thing, someone comes into the Sales and Numbers thread to announce that they don't give a $#@! about sales and numbers. Okay, then why are they here? I'm interested in discussing sales and numbers, not spamming the thread with BS.

    The Wii U is selling Dreamcast numbers. I mean that in the literal sense (not hyperbole). This is quite literally the worst selling console since the DC. The Wii U is selling at half the rate the GameCube sold at. It's current sales are sitting at just about the level the DC at this point in it's life. For most of last year it was well below DC numbers but the holidays pushed sales to where it was just around the same number again (most stores had the 32GB Wii U's for $250). So if people don't care about this then that's fine but why are they here (this thread) at all?

    I bought the Wii U with the expectation that it could be discontinued this year. I think anyone buying it going forward has to accept that this year's releases might be all that it has and if they're not okay with that, they should hold off on buying the console.
    Last edited by Typical guy; 02-17-2014 at 15:46.

  6. #81
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    14,886 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    @Typical. lol oh no i meant the ones that disagreed with my post by disliking it. i was just saying that i like their games, i always have but i will not pay for a console that is only good for a few games. that is my problem. i'm a one-console person.

    as for the sales discussion. i think both sides have a good point. but ultimately the sales point would stand more because you can't have a console without sales. it doesn't matter what you're deciding on, if the sales go kaput (PSP Go), you don't have a console to play with moving forward.

    unless that specific person got the console for those specific games, then i get it and well, if you wanna pay for a console good for only a few games, go right ahead mr. first-world-benefits lol.

    at the same time, there comes a certain point where sales really do not matter. it's more to do with what the company's direction is, (like Wii sales didn't really help with more AAA games, just more shovelware, Wii had good first party but we all know they could've done way better), or its architecture (PS3)...but yes, sales aren't always important but pretty much most of the time they are or the company/devs won't get the chance to invest more money into it.

    PSP had this issue, most devs did not want to invest into it.
    One of the big advantages of the Wii U is that if you own a Wii, you can dump that console and replace it with the Wii U since it's backwards compatible with the games and accessories. So as a gamer that owned a Wii, I picked up the Wind Waker bundle for $250 during the holidays at Walmart. All the Wii games will run on it and when I get around to picking up some Wii U games, those will run too. Also, some of the VC games I owned could be upgraded. Now if you don't own a Wii already then it's a much harder sell for a single console person.

  7. #82
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,740
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    111,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    so what do you think they will do moving forward? i don't think they can continue to make consoles if they discontinue. i think they'll have to just ride it out but i can't see much good out of that without investments.

    and unless they have a bright new idea that is so awesome that people forget the Wii U...i can't think of anything except going multiplat.

  8. #83
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,740
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    111,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    One of the big advantages of the Wii U is that if you own a Wii, you can dump that console and replace it with the Wii U since it's backwards compatible with the games and accessories. So as a gamer that owned a Wii, I picked up the Wind Waker bundle for $250 during the holidays at Walmart. All the Wii games will run on it and when I get around to picking up some Wii U games, those will run too. Also, some of the VC games I owned could be upgraded. Now if you don't own a Wii already then it's a much harder sell for a single console person.
    oh right i forgot about BC but then you're still running into the issue that you're not going to get much software out of it. so you can buy the Wii used at $50 or less or you can buy a $250 hunk of metal. i'm sorry, a very good console i meant, that is about to die a horrible death i meant.

  9. #84
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    14,886 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    so what do you think they will do moving forward? i don't think they can continue to make consoles if they discontinue. i think they'll have to just ride it out but i can't see much good out of that without investments.

    and unless they have a bright new idea that is so awesome that people forget the Wii U...i can't think of anything except going multiplat.
    This is all speculation. Here's some of the options they have:
    1. Ride it out.
    2. Discontinue it and launch a new console.
    3. Move to 3rd party dev for home consoles and keep their handheld hardware division.

    At least for now, they seem to be trying to do number 1 (ride it out). So while I bought the console with the knowledge that it could be discontinued, I certainly hope it won't be since I own the hardware. The difference between me and the other folks here is that I'm trying to realistic going into the purchase.

    Nintendo has a lot of money but they recently announced they were going to spend over a billion dollars buying back stock. This does nothing for anyone that doesn't own the stock and doesn't help the company's health at all. Additionally Iwata said he's interested in merger's and acquisitions so they may be planning on merging with another large games company or buying up some developers. I think they need to buy developers that put out games that aren't platformers. They need some "killer apps" that aren't Mario, Smash, Mario Kart, and Zelda if they want to push mass adoption. They also announced that they're going to try to get into health devices in Japan so they're trying to expand their business out of games in case the games division collapses.

    Here's what I'm thinking is the most likely scenario: They're going to ride out this year and put out this year's games. If Mario Kart, Smash, X, etc do not push a lot of console sales then I think there's a good chance the Wii U won't see a 2015 holiday. If they decide to ride it out even with horrible sales or if they get a little better then we'll probably see this as a 4 year console like the original Xbox. They can see that no one was bitter about the Xbox support cut after 4 years so they'll go with that. I believe that's the absolute best case scenario for the Wii U, 4 years of support ending in 2016 with no games released in 2017 and Nintendo announcing a new console at E3 2017 to be released that holiday (no way they announce one so far in advance again).
    Last edited by Christopher; 02-17-2014 at 16:34.

  10. #85
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,740
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    111,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i completely agree. i think the best route is to go for a short cycle, and "definitely" show people that they will redo their strat (that hasn't changed in over a decade...well other than the motion controls fad) and buy more studios or have more projects going on...AND come out with a new robust console that is serious in competing against the others. meaning, go for the services and etc.

    but i highly doubt they can just pull that out their butts. they will either exit the console business after the short console cycle OR they will just come out with something more sustainable...something to do with the social gaming (FB). like a console maybe that runs social games...kinda like what Amazon may be doing.

    they already talked about some weird medical stuff lol so maybe that is their plan. but i don't see them coming out with a new console because they have a fierce uphill battle. if they stay, they will likely try a completely new thing...a new way to play games...meaning, a new sort of console to grab people's attention again.

  11. #86
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,362
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    68,346 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Cleaning up some messiness.....including my own. Back on topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i completely agree. i think the best route is to go for a short cycle, and "definitely" show people that they will redo their strat (that hasn't changed in over a decade...well other than the motion controls fad) and buy more studios or have more projects going on...AND come out with a new robust console that is serious in competing against the others. meaning, go for the services and etc.

    but i highly doubt they can just pull that out their butts. they will either exit the console business after the short console cycle OR they will just come out with something more sustainable...something to do with the social gaming (FB). like a console maybe that runs social games...kinda like what Amazon may be doing.

    they already talked about some weird medical stuff lol so maybe that is their plan. but i don't see them coming out with a new console because they have a fierce uphill battle. if they stay, they will likely try a completely new thing...a new way to play games...meaning, a new sort of console to grab people's attention again.
    That's the stuff that worries me. This console as a fitness scheme. Doesn't make sense at all. I'll probably skip the thing if I see them focusing on this kind of stuff at E3. Hope not though. There is a lot about the Wii U I like.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  12. #87
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,740
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    111,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Cleaning up some messiness.....including my own. Back on topic.



    That's the stuff that worries me. This console as a fitness scheme. Doesn't make sense at all. I'll probably skip the thing if I see them focusing on this kind of stuff at E3. Hope not though. There is a lot about the Wii U I like.
    so do they mean that they are moving forward with this direction or that they're moving forward with the Wii U in that direction? i wouldn't be surprised if they were doing that with the Wii U. and i wouldn't be surprised if that took off...but i'd think with a new console it would work better as this wasn't designed for non-gaming stuff.

    but yea, the fate of Nintendo will be interesting to see, it's a good learning experience of what not to do.

  13. #88
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,362
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    68,346 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    so do they mean that they are moving forward with this direction or that they're moving forward with the Wii U in that direction? i wouldn't be surprised if they were doing that with the Wii U. and i wouldn't be surprised if that took off...but i'd think with a new console it would work better as this wasn't designed for non-gaming stuff.

    but yea, the fate of Nintendo will be interesting to see, it's a good learning experience of what not to do.
    That is what I understood. But I may be wrong. Think they are trying to attract the non-gamer market again. Bad idea.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  14. #89
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    14,886 (0 Banked)
    Could they be planning something like this?
    http://www.konami.co.jp/en/corporate...ss/health.html

  15. #90
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,740
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    111,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Could they be planning something like this?
    http://www.konami.co.jp/en/corporate...ss/health.html
    wtf japan smh lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    That is what I understood. But I may be wrong. Think they are trying to attract the non-gamer market again. Bad idea.
    or maybe that's all they can do at this point.

  16. #91
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,367
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    7,276 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    @Typical. lol oh no i meant the ones that disagreed with my post by disliking it. i was just saying that i like their games, i always have but i will not pay for a console that is only good for a few games. that is my problem. i'm a one-console person.
    What you said: "man, i know this sounds wrong lol but I hope they pull out soon and then start putting out multiplat games...would love to play some of their games on the PS4."

    Yes, you're a one console person who wants a company with only a few games that interest you to abandon the Wii U, even though there are other Nintendo fans who have either bought a Wii U, or are waiting to do so until certain games release. Playing those Wii U games on the PS4 or Xbox One means delaying those games so developers will have to get used to new architecture as well as catering to a different fanbase (one dominated by first-person shooters).

    What makes a one console person like yourself more important to Nintendo than the one console owners interested in picking up their hardware? How exactly is it good business for one console owners of Nintendo to spend $400-500 to play exclusive games that would have released on a cheaper console? It's like telling PlayStation fans, "I know you've been looking forward to playing the new inFAMOUS or 1886 on the PS4 but now you'll have to pay $500 for an Xbox One because a one console owner wants the few good PS4 games on every other console that isn't the PS4.

    I'm not saying the Wii U isn't failing in terms of sales and third-party support but unless I'm mistaken Nintendo is sitting on a lot of cash brought in from the Wii and reeling in huge profits with their 3DS and its software, so I know Wii U is doing bad but it can't possibly be their last attempt at a home console.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-18-2014 at 00:14.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


  17. #92
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,740
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    111,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    What you said: "man, i know this sounds wrong lol but I hope they pull out soon and then start putting out multiplat games...would love to play some of their games on the PS4."

    Yes, you're a one console person who wants a company with only a few games that interest you to abandon the Wii U, even though there are other Nintendo fans who have either bought a Wii U, or are waiting to do so until certain games release. Playing those Wii U games on the PS4 or Xbox One means delaying those games so developers will have to get used to new architecture as well as catering to a different fanbase (one dominated by first-person shooters).

    What makes a one console person like yourself more important to Nintendo than the one console owners interested in picking up their hardware? How exactly is it good business for one console owners of Nintendo to spend $400-500 to play exclusive games that are set to be released on a cheaper console like the Wii U? It's like telling PlayStation fans, "I know you've been looking forward to playing the new inFAMOUS or 1886 on the PS4 but now you'll have to pay $500 for an Xbox One because a one console owner wants the few good PS4 games on every other console but not on PS4.

    I'm not saying the Wii U isn't failing in terms of sales and third-party support but unless I'm mistaken Nintendo is sitting on a lot of cash brought in from the Wii and reeling in huge profits with their 3DS and its software, so I know Wii U is bad but it can't possibly be their last attempt at a home console.
    well then obviously you guys had missed the point. i wouldn't say it if it wasn't already failing.

    and no, knowing nintendo, no way they're going to be ok with this as long as they're making money on 3DS, that absolutely makes no sense from a business point of view. so you have two businsses, one is bringing in tons of revenues and thus profits, the other is actually taking away money from you...you mean to tell me that you're going to continue because you care about your customers? lol cute.

    there's "almost" no way they can recover from this. they will not let their reserves bleed. that's against their philosophy. that is precisely why they never truly invested into their consoles to begin with. their strategy is to come out with new ways to play and not much about new games to play. they want profits, not fixed assets or future endeavors.

    so going back to my comment, if the Wii U was worth as a console by itself then i wouldn't have made that comment but it's not. none of you who are defending it, own the Wii U "only" to satisfy your needs but I can guarantee you that plenty of PS3 owners don't need the 360 or the Wii U to satisfy theirs.

    that was my point. so not a big deal if those franchises come to other platforms...i didn't just say the PS4, did I? I said multiplat. heck, you could add 360 and PS3 into that if you want.

    my point was that i want their games but not their consoles because it's just not worth it. never has been since SNES/NES. they are going down a slippery slope.

  18. #93
    Super Elite
    robvandam111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,410
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    22,400 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    I would dare to say that Nintendo just needs to learn how find that hook again. I don't think that Wii U is bad because once you start using its capabilities and hardware its definitely worth every part of it. This console reminds me a lot of the N64; of what it could have been. If I had to be disappointed with Nintendo, it'd be on the Wii console. I don't know how that made plenty of the money but this Wii U is really different and you're able to adjust to this current generation. Some times, I believe that Nintendo shouldn't have released the Wii U too early. Maybe if it was unveiled this year or last year then it would have easily been part of the mix with Microsoft and Sony.


    Nintendo is always a fun console company, to those that neglect or have never played on a Nintendo Console before should have experienced the generations behind. The games always deliver even if the cast of characters are always from the same family. I'm really happy with the Wii U and Nintendo just needs to attach some type of weapon and start showing it off again. And like I said, once they show off the Legend of Zelda. They need to advertise and continue showing off the Wii U.

    3DS: 4613-6960-4293


  19. #94
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    14,886 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    I would dare to say that Nintendo just needs to learn how find that hook again. I don't think that Wii U is bad because once you start using its capabilities and hardware its definitely worth every part of it. This console reminds me a lot of the N64; of what it could have been. If I had to be disappointed with Nintendo, it'd be on the Wii console. I don't know how that made plenty of the money but this Wii U is really different and you're able to adjust to this current generation. Some times, I believe that Nintendo shouldn't have released the Wii U too early. Maybe if it was unveiled this year or last year then it would have easily been part of the mix with Microsoft and Sony.


    Nintendo is always a fun console company, to those that neglect or have never played on a Nintendo Console before should have experienced the generations behind. The games always deliver even if the cast of characters are always from the same family. I'm really happy with the Wii U and Nintendo just needs to attach some type of weapon and start showing it off again. And like I said, once they show off the Legend of Zelda. They need to advertise and continue showing off the Wii U.
    I don't know about Zelda, I'm pretty sure that Mario Kart is the most popular game Nintendo has (even more popular than the regular Mario platformers). They haven't even announced Zelda yet, maybe at E3 they'll announce it though when that happens will it be holiday 2014 or holiday 2015?

    Do you think people are getting IP fatigue with Nintendo? I think it's starting to happen, especially with the Mario's. They've put out different types of Mario platformers but they've simply done too much Mario.

    They should rest their IP's. If they really want to reuse old IP's instead of creating something new, what about a Mario RPG U? Mario RPG is pretty popular and well remembered. What about a Zelda turn based RPG? How about another Earthbound?

    How about they buy a western developer and put out an open world game, and FPS, a strategy game, an adventure game, or something else? Hell, why don't they just buy Telltale games or some other studio that's putting out really high quality products in genres that Nintendo doesn't produce?

    I'm afraid that we're going to see another Mario or 2 every year for the next couple of years and very little new stuff.

    Here's an idea, why not make a new sidescrolling Metroid game for download only for 20 bucks?

  20. #95
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,740
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    111,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    I would dare to say that Nintendo just needs to learn how find that hook again. I don't think that Wii U is bad because once you start using its capabilities and hardware its definitely worth every part of it. This console reminds me a lot of the N64; of what it could have been. If I had to be disappointed with Nintendo, it'd be on the Wii console. I don't know how that made plenty of the money but this Wii U is really different and you're able to adjust to this current generation. Some times, I believe that Nintendo shouldn't have released the Wii U too early. Maybe if it was unveiled this year or last year then it would have easily been part of the mix with Microsoft and Sony.
    Nintendo is always a fun console company, to those that neglect or have never played on a Nintendo Console before should have experienced the generations behind. The games always deliver even if the cast of characters are always from the same family.
    which is why I said that I want their games. I know that even though they have the most rehashed of all sequels/characters out there, they still deliver and they always come up with new interesting stuff.

    Iím also inclined to agree about the Wii U. Iím sure itís a neat console. Iím also sure that it must be fun to play. No doubt. But where itís lacking (services, OS, online, infrastructure etc.), canít be made up. This is precisely why itís failing. Forget games, it needs to bring ďconvenienceĒ to the consumers. Convenience sells over everything. Even quality sometimes (remember 360 buyers who kept buying the console even after it failed them several times?).

    Nintendo is stuck in the 90s and now itís too late. A merger is being looked at because they canít just start from scratch anymoreÖitís just too late. They need to acquire or be acquired (console part of it I presume) or they will continue to lose. Itís not just about games anymoreÖor should I say, a few games.

    They either need to provide similar services and OS, in fact, thatís not even the real issue, the real issue is that they need to make sure that they have a better gaming development infrastructure (new ips) to go further. They need to start reinvesting back into the company. Otherwise they donít have the flexibility to provide new content with an ever-changing industry.

    I have been saying this since Wii became popular, I said the same about the 360 for yearsÖand I will continue to be a broken record. At least MS is trying to find a new niche with the social/casual gaming and they have Windows 8 to help them. What does Nintendo have again? Oh right that big bulky controller, not cool enough to save it.

    I'm really happy with the Wii U and Nintendo just needs to attach some type of weapon and start showing it off again. And like I said, once they show off the Legend of Zelda. They need to advertise and continue showing off the Wii U.
    a peripheral isnít going to save the entire console division from going under.

  21. #96
    Super Elite
    robvandam111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,410
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    22,400 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    I don't know about Zelda, I'm pretty sure that Mario Kart is the most popular game Nintendo has (even more popular than the regular Mario platformers). They haven't even announced Zelda yet, maybe at E3 they'll announce it though when that happens will it be holiday 2014 or holiday 2015

    It's going to be announced by this year's E3. The Legend of Zelda is one of Nintendo's horsemen, you don't see much Zelda going around than with the Super Mario Bros franchise. Thankfully, now we have that Hyrule Warriors which should be entertaining. They just got to continue bringing more innovative stuff and Super Mario Bros needs to slow down a bit although its really fun to go on with. I'm hoping they go on with the idea with something similar Mario 64/Sunshine or Donkey Kong 64. There's a lot of exclusivity from Nintendo's part. You just won't too many games out there. Don't forge about Star Fox. That's another horsemen.


    Do you think people are getting IP fatigue with Nintendo? I think it's starting to happen, especially with the Mario's. They've put out different types of Mario platformers but they've simply done too much Mario.

    They should rest their IP's. If they really want to reuse old IP's instead of creating something new, what about a Mario RPG U? Mario RPG is pretty popular and well remembered. What about a Zelda turn based RPG? How about another Earthbound?

    Read above lol

    How about they buy a western developer and put out an open world game, and FPS, a strategy game, an adventure game, or something else? Hell, why don't they just buy Telltale games or some other studio that's putting out really high quality products in genres that Nintendo doesn't produce?

    Japan is videogame heaven, I'm sure Nintendo could bring out fresh ideas. Especially with Bravely Default and Monolith already on the horizon.


    I'm afraid that we're going to see another Mario or 2 every year for the next couple of years and very little new st

    Definitely, don't mind. I'll just won't buy it if I'm actually bored of it.


    Here's an idea, why not make a new sidescrolling Metroid game for download only for 20 bucks?

    If Brawl online was possible, I could see a Metroid Prime online shooter. Nintendo is actually good when it comes to trying new formats for their franchises and going back in time with it show casing it for modern times.
    which is why I said that I want their games. I know that even though they have the most rehashed of all sequels/characters out there, they still deliver and they always come up with new interesting stuff.s

    The reason why they have most rehashed characters/sequels because they have been the most successful LONGEST video game franchise.


    I’m also inclined to agree about the Wii U. I’m sure it’s a neat console. I’m also sure that it must be fun to play. No doubt. But where it’s lacking (services, OS, online, infrastructure etc.), can’t be made up. This is precisely why it’s failing. Forget games, it needs to bring “convenience” to the consumers. Convenience sells over everything. Even quality sometimes (remember 360 buyers who kept buying the console even after it failed them several times?).

    Should be a good idea. I believe there's an article regarding to some thing like that. Although, they don't need to be immersed with too much infrastructure. They just need to make it more friendly and get on with some what of modern OS. They're fine though.

    Nintendo is stuck in the 90s and now it’s too late. A merger is being looked at because they can’t just start from scratch anymore…it’s just too late. They need to acquire or be acquired (console part of it I presume) or they will continue to lose. It’s not just about games anymore…or should I say, a few games.

    The day that does happen. You can kiss every other video games good bye. Companies like Atari and Nintendo are the reason why there's much creativity in today's videogames. I'm hoping what they want to do can get them out of the neck of the woods. And if its not about games any more then what's the point of having video games then?


    They either need to provide similar services and OS, in fact, that’s not even the real issue, the real issue is that they need to make sure that they have a better gaming development infrastructure (new ips) to go further. They need to start reinvesting back into the company. Otherwise they don’t have the flexibility to provide new content with an ever-changing industry

    Same thing to what I wrote to Typical. That's not a problem for them. As long as the games are good, then that's nothing to worry about.


    I have been saying this since Wii became popular, I said the same about the 360 for years…and I will continue to be a broken record. At least MS is trying to find a new niche with the social/casual gaming and they have Windows 8 to help them. What does Nintendo have again? Oh right that big bulky controller, not cool enough to save it.

    Wii has been an incredible success for them. From what I have been seeing from the Wii U, it's 20x better than what Wii had to offer. That big bulky controller, it's one of the best of ideas ever. If no body doesn't see that, then I don't know what they're looking at. That crappy Wii remote was only good for games like the Legend of Zelda and that was it. At least with the gamepad I'm getting some retro feeling when I'm playing a game.


    a peripheral isn’t going to save the entire console division from going under.e

    A peripheral is not exactly what I was trying to imply BUT Nintendo has always been successful introducing peripheral for their consoles; Rumble Pak, Control Pak etc.
    Last edited by robvandam111; 02-17-2014 at 23:38.

    3DS: 4613-6960-4293


  22. #97
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,331 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't think, well for me at least, that Nintendo has fatigued their long standing IPs.




  23. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
  24. #98
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,740
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    111,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    games are the final issues. if they had enough games, then none of the rest would matter. why is 3DS selling better than Vita? games. why couldn't PSP catch up with NDS? Games.

    which is why i'm saying that, yes, they can work on the OS or whatever but ultimately they need more stimulants in the game development.

    i don't dislike the controller, i certainly would not want that to be my main controller for gaming though lol but as a secondary console, i see value in its innovation...i'm just saying that it's not good enough to keep people coming back. and isn't that what's going on? Wii non-gamers don't see value in it.

  25. #99
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,331 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There are a few things really keeping the Wii U from taking off;

    • Most likely the Wii consumers aren't "core" gamers like those that are getting involved in the next gen consoles like the PS4 and XB1
    • Price
    • Games


    If they take the price and games out of the equation, I guarantee the console will sell a lot more.




  26. #100
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,362
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    68,346 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    games are the final issues. if they had enough games, then none of the rest would matter. why is 3DS selling better than Vita? games. why couldn't PSP catch up with NDS? Games.

    which is why i'm saying that, yes, they can work on the OS or whatever but ultimately they need more stimulants in the game development.

    i don't dislike the controller, i certainly would not want that to be my main controller for gaming though lol but as a secondary console, i see value in its innovation...i'm just saying that it's not good enough to keep people coming back. and isn't that what's going on? Wii non-gamers don't see value in it.
    The Wii U controller is confusing to those who bought the Wii. They look at their nunchuk and wiimote and then they look at the Wii U box and see this big controller thing with a screen on it. Then they think "this is not a Wii. this is something else".

    Me, personally, I love the idea of it from a portability standpoint. Kind of like remote play, but without the differing controls issue between PS4 and Vita. But that screen has to cost some money and so the price is too high.

    I think what everyone really wanted was a Wii with HD graphics. Instead, Nintendo delivered something totally different and now, Wii owners are just confused.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.