Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal King Slime View Post
    Wii U sold 7.29 million units, according to Nintendo. But I don't think anyone cares so probably the last time I'll update.

In total or was just during previous few months?

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    safe to say it's total lol. it sold like 3m in 2 years. i think it probably sold half of its total sales in the past year.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    In total, yeah. It would be amazing if it was the last few months.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

[OT] Dragon Quest Heroes

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal King Slime View Post
    In total, yeah. It would be amazing if it was the last few months.
    Indeed, it'd be an ASS WHIPPING!

Super Moderator
    Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is fastest-selling Wii U game in U.S. (more than 490,000 copies sold between November 21st and 23rd). It hasn't released in other regions yet, but to compare, Mario Kart 8 sold 1.2 million worldwide in its first three days.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

[OT] Dragon Quest Heroes

Forum Overseer

i'm curious about which game is the fastest third party Wii U game and a third party game that has sold the most.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    i'm curious about which game is the fastest third party Wii U game and a third party game that has sold the most.
    Most likely Monster Hunter

Superior Member
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...er-in-december

Nintendo didn't release full sales numbers for hardware, but they did say the Wii U sold 29% better in 2014 than it did in 2013, thanks largely to December sales.
    On the games front, Mario Kart 8 sold over 1.7 million units, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U sold over 1.3 million units in 2014. Those numbers represent both physical and digital sales, and they contributed to a huge 75% increase in total software sales over 2013.

“Wii U had its strongest year yet thanks to the highly anticipated software lineup and the introduction of the amiibo platform,” said Nintendo of America's Scott Moffitt. “Fans can anticipate another strong year for 2015, especially with more highly anticipated games like Splatoon and The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D, as well as New Nintendo 3DS XL, arriving in the first half of 2015.”
    In 2014, the total sales of amiibo figures were "nearly twice" the sales for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Using the numbers above, that means somewhere under 2.6 million Amiibo units were sold.

On the handheld side, Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS led Nintendo to its most successful month ever for first-party 3DS software sales. Smash 3DS sold over 2 million copies, and Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have sold a combined 2.6 million units.
    I'm glad to see the numbers are improving for Nintendo. I hope things continue to get better for them.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Master Sage
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Now if only they could secure more 3rd party support, but given their system specs compared to the competition it won't be easy. They would be dead in the water if not for their globally famous 1st party games. I have had a lot of enjoyment from my Wii U so I wish them the best to stay afloat.

9 years and counting!

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Now if only they could secure more 3rd party support, but given their system specs compared to the competition it won't be easy. They would be dead in the water if not for their globally famous 1st party games. I have had a lot of enjoyment from my Wii U so I wish them the best to stay afloat.
    I've come full circle on their games. I truly believe that the games they offer are more fun to play than most of the offerings from Sony and MS.

Nintendo isn't looking for realistic games. They are looking for games that look like games. I guess third party devs won't make Nintendo style games for the other consoles and they can't put games like MS and Sony want on the Wii U because of the specs.

Nintendo is trying to differentiate themselves with the controller and I like what they're doing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Mario Kart 8 and Smash was what did it for me in purchasing a Wii U. While they will never have third party support, they truly have stylized games you won't get elsewhere. However, it's still my number 2 console as I still love my western RPGs and FPS games. I think it's incredible what Smash was capable of in sales here in NA, but I just wonder if Zelda U will reach the same kind of numbers come end of year.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Mario Kart 8 and Smash was what did it for me in purchasing a Wii U. While they will never have third party support, they truly have stylized games you won't get elsewhere. However, it's still my number 2 console as I still love my western RPGs and FPS games. I think it's incredible what Smash was capable of in sales here in NA, but I just wonder if Zelda U will reach the same kind of numbers come end of year.
    The Legend of Zelda games are really celebrated every where. I don't doubt it.

Thread Information