Superior Member

Xbox One Games Resolution.

I haz Xbox One pre ordered, but I waz never sure about getting Xbox One. Was thinking if I don't like it, it gets ebay for profit. If I like, I keep.

With all da resolution coming into light and weaker spec becoming true and confirmed, I don't know. I assumed it would be 1080P as well and I would only worry about minor microscopic differences.

Killer Instinct 720P
    COD Ghost 720P
    Forza 5 1080P
    Ryse 900P
    Battlefield 4 720P
    Dead Rising 3 Resolution??
    Titanfall 720P Rumor

Can someone confirm what resolution DR3 will be running at? I would have imagined all exclusive to be running 1080P with amazing graphics since that is all they have to worry about. It really has me worried... Also, reports of horrendous jaggies across all resolution on Xbox versions of games do not help either. Any one having second thoughts like me?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    All the multiplat titles so far have been said to look more or less identical. So to me at least, they're just numbers. I'd be concerned if there were issues regarding frame-rate rather than resolution, if you're going to be concerned over anything. (not there are any that I am aware of)

Also, first party titles should be more ore less sorted, more than 3rd party.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Not all games will be running at 1080p on either console. The deciding factor will be... does the XBO or PS4 have more of the games and/or features that you want? Yes the PS4 is more powerful, but the difference isn't staggering. Sure, if you end up not liking the XBO, you can always sell it and get a PS4.

Also, why are you typing in 'can haz cheezburgr' style? :P
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

PSN ID
    sayyestoweed
    Seeing with all the problems DR3 has had up to this point id expect it to be 720p@30fps

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    I haz Xbox One pre ordered, but I waz never sure about getting Xbox One. Was thinking if I don't like it, it gets ebay for profit. If I like, I keep.

With all da resolution coming into light and weaker spec becoming true and confirmed, I don't know. I assumed it would be 1080P as well and I would only worry about minor microscopic differences.

Killer Instinct 720P
    COD Ghost 720P
    Forza 5 1080P
    Ryse 900P
    Battlefield 4 720P
    Titanfall 720P Rumor

Can someone confirm what resolution DR3 will be running at? I would have imagined all exclusive to be running 1080P with amazing graphics since that is all they have to worry about. It really has me worried... Also, reports of horrendous jaggies across all resolution on Xbox versions of games do not help either. Any one having second thoughts like me?
    Well, the shots on IGN of it are 720p class (768p, which is just the resolution of most monitors that are 720p as odd as that sounds).
    It doesn't mean it's not 1080p, but not sure why IGN wouldn't just have a native shot.
    Also, the video on their page is only up to 720p on youtube.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...-1-2s-combined

Forum Elder
    I would have imagined all exclusive to be running 1080P with amazing graphics since that is all they have to worry about. It really has me worried... Also, reports of horrendous jaggies across all resolution on Xbox versions of games do not help either. Any one having second thoughts like me?
    I think Xbox has enough power to give a massive improvement over 360 games in the looks department and also the power to handle more things in a gaming world.

Of course, if your wanting things to run in 1080p and look amazing, then a pc would be your only gaming option.

Dedicated Member
    I havent seen any jaggies on any xbone games. The difference between 720p upscaled to 1080p and native 1080p arent that big but we will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckNation View Post
    Seeing with all the problems DR3 has had up to this point id expect it to be 720p@30fps
    What problems did DR3 have? Looks great and no jaggies in site, and runs smoothe. I dont understand the hate dead rising gets. The first and second were too colorfull; The 3rd is all grey and brown; its too serious; its too over the top with humor. Its too hard with the time limit; they dumbed it down with no time limit and checkpoints; there is no story its mindless killing of zombies; the story is too big a part of the game I just want to kill zombies ... ect
    Last edited by Soldierboy; 10-31-2013 at 10:10.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    I think Xbox has enough power to give a massive improvement over 360 games in the looks department and also the power to handle more things in a gaming world.

Of course, if your wanting things to run in 1080p and look amazing, then a pc would be your only gaming option.
    Haha but it isn't

Anyways, I'm pretty sure remedy well give the xb1 a good workout. Can't wait to see there game

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I am not worried about resolution... I'm interested in how the games look and play. Numbers aren't a concern for me.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    If you play on a TV over 40 inch you'll see a difference.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soldierboy View Post
    I havent seen any jaggies on any xbone games. The difference between 720p upscaled to 1080p and native 1080p arent that big but we will see.
    You can google Xbox One and jaggies/aliasing. Typically you can't see it on youtube. 720P to 1080P is quite significant. Easy way to tell is to just turn down your computer screen resolution to 720P from 1080P.

Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post

and there is PS4 that can run in 1080P with amazing graphics. PC will of course trump PS4, but quite costly and does not have sit back and relax experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckNation View Post
    This maybe nail in the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    Not all games will be running at 1080p on either console. The deciding factor will be... does the XBO or PS4 have more of the games and/or features that you want? Yes the PS4 is more powerful, but the difference isn't staggering. Sure, if you end up not liking the XBO, you can always sell it and get a PS4.

Also, why are you typing in 'can haz cheezburgr' style? :P
    Cuz I can. Features are what I am thinking as well. However, if it is a killer feature, Sony can copy and patch that in. MS can't patch in better graphics or hardware. Of course game will look better as time goes by, but so will PS4 as it gets optimized.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim

Cuz I can. Features are what I am thinking as well. However, if it is a killer feature, Sony can copy and patch that in. MS can't patch in better graphics or hardware. Of course game will look better as time goes by, but so will PS4 as it gets optimized.
    I don't know about that. Certainly you can't patch better hardware but you can improve the software. It's too early to tell anything yet and I wouldn't put too much of anything into COD. I don't think it ended up being different resolutions because of just hardware.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

Master Sage
    Can someone confirm what resolution DR3 will be running at?
    Demos have been said to be running at 720P but devs haven't said this was the final res. (Judging by outcome of other games it is likely the final res)

DR3 looks to be the best launch title for XB1... IMO, regardless of specs it still looks good.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I don't know about that. Certainly you can't patch better hardware but you can improve the software. It's too early to tell anything yet and I wouldn't put too much of anything into COD. I don't think it ended up being different resolutions because of just hardware.
    I am not basing this off just COD. I am basing this off

"Killer Instinct 720P
    COD Ghost 720P
    Forza 5 1080P
    Ryse 900P
    Battlefield 4 720P
    Titanfall 720P Rumor"

As for software, I am sure that goes for competition as well. If there is improvement on Xbox One, I am sure PS4 will get just as good improvements or even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Demos have been said to be running at 720P but devs haven't said this was the final res. (Judging by outcome of other games it is likely the final res)

DR3 looks to be the best launch title for XB1... IMO, regardless of specs it still looks good.
    I definitely agree. DR3 being 720P definitely reduces the attraction towards the console and the game. Still, I'd like to play the game.

I think I have come to a decision. I will be buying an Xbox One. Play Dead Rising 3 and maybe Ryse. Then, I will sell it before Christmas season. With luck, I may be able to still profit. Good thing I have my pre order. Thank you guys for helping me contemplate.

Thread Information