Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingSmile64 View Post
    OMG, even devs have stated that the ESRAM is a pain to work with so expect at launch to see titles run better on ps4 over X1. Also are we excluding the power of direct X? and the X1 silicon chip which can helps offload tasks from the GPU?

Bottom line is the X1 is capable of running games at 1080p and even 4k. I said 4k because X1 comes with a cord or something that can disturbe 4k as well as 1080p on the TV screen . MS obviously put this in because they believed and knew that the X1 is powerful enough to run at that resolution. We just have to wait and see, don't jump to conclusions. Did you see at the start of the ps3 era where the games looked horrible because of the cell?. Well look at it now best looking games are coming out on the ps3 because the devs have finally understood it

Patience my friends.... patience
    Maybe pong dude, nothing serious.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice

From that article, the Battlefield 4 comparison is way more noticeable in person. The press thought it was running in 1080p on PS4, lol. DF says it looks more crisp and cleaner than the X1. Sounds like no screenshots are gonna do it justice until you see it in person.
    Last edited by PSTrey; 11-01-2013 at 09:29.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    I'll wait for the Pepsi challenge rather than listen to people on the internet with agenda's

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

PSN ID
    andrewds
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    Probably because less competition.
    or XBONE development issues?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ya know.. the differences in the power doesn't make me not want the Xbox One. The Wii U isn't as powerful as either of the current gen consoles, but I like the first party games I've played. That's what I go with. Whether I like the games that I play.

Superior Member
    I have no intention to get a One, but I bet Microsoft will do just fine in the marketplace with their new console and the reasons will be casual gamers, TV, and sports. I have several non-gamer friends who've never owned a console, but plan on getting a One for TV and sports. So there you go.

I think the gaming world mistakenly thinks Microsoft mis-marketed their new console. I think they know exactly what they're doing - they're going after your dad and redneck uncle.

The PS4 is for the rest of us.
    i7 4770 | 2x EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX SLI | 32GB
    i7 3770 | EVGA SC GTX 580 3GB​ | 16GB

7. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ya know.. the differences in the power doesn't make me not want the Xbox One. The Wii U isn't as powerful as either of the current gen consoles, but I like the first party games I've played. That's what I go with. Whether I like the games that I play.
    Yeah, I'm getting the X1 at some point even with power issues. Just a matter of when they have enough exclusives and a reasonable price point for me to consider it.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    BF4 as well.

@digitalfoundry the AO on Xbox One was one of the fixes that didn't make it into the review copy but will be in day1, same tech as PS4/PC

Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-01-2013 at 15:06.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by adougies View Post
    or XBONE development issues?
    Your guess is as good as mine.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Maybe pong dude, nothing serious.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Seriously, when ~10Tflops of SLI 290Xs and 780s are barely pushing 30FPS in modern games at 4K you can safely bet that if the consoles ever render anything at 4K, it definitely won't be anything like a Killzone, or even (the much less graphically demanding) COD. 4K is to this console gen what 1080p was to last, and sadly, it's appearing as if 1080p is still going to be hard work for the consoles to target with all the other visual bells and whistles turned up.

12. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    Your guess is as good as mine.
    I don't know. i think MS has been holding back something. That tweet just confirmed that there still is a NDA in place . Its weird that they have released final specs yet either.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Secret sauce again?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

15. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I don't know. i think MS has been holding back something. That tweet just confirmed that there still is a NDA in place . Its weird that they have released final specs yet either.
    its more like damage control, all this NDA and other stuff. situation with DICE and IW already show that something is not as good as MS trying to show us.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    its more like damage control, all this NDA and other stuff. situation with DICE and IW already show that something is not as good as MS trying to show us.
    It doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad. We will be finding out soon though.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by sneezymarble View Post
    Seriously, when ~10Tflops of SLI 290Xs and 780s are barely pushing 30FPS in modern games at 4K you can safely bet that if the consoles ever render anything at 4K, it definitely won't be anything like a Killzone, or even (the much less graphically demanding) COD. 4K is to this console gen what 1080p was to last, and sadly, it's appearing as if 1080p is still going to be hard work for the consoles to target with all the other visual bells and whistles turned up.
    Err they do that much with one card.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/gr...esting-part-2/

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Err they do that much with one card.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/gr...esting-part-2/
    My bad, I meant to type "60", so yeah you can game at 4K at at least 30fps on a single enthusiast level card. But, notice the settings for the more graphically demanding games being tested at 4K. MetroLL, from your link, for example, is benched at medium and gets 50fps on a single 290X in Uber mode. The Crysis 3 benchmark at 4K, from Anandtech's 290X review, also at medium settings, gets 35fps on a single 290X and eeks out 60fps with a Crossfire 290X setup.

Things aren't likely to get any better as games a year or two from now start pushing even more effects, polys, and higher texture resolutions. 2 years from now, SLI and Xfire setups might be pushing 20Tflops or more to get a solid 60fps in the most visually and physically demanding games at the time.

In any event, I don't think you're disagreeing with my overall point, which is that we can already see the kind of horsepower required to run modern, graphically demanding games at 4K, and it's totally implausible to expect either console to pull it off, even taking into account best case scenario fixed-platform optimizations. I'd love to see the results of internal Killzone SF tests at 4K, keeping all the graphics settings fixed to what they are now. Keep in mind that 4K is 4x as many pixels as 1920x1080.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    lol Wizard $#@! and secret sauce again.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-01-2013 at 18:27.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    @digitalfoundry the AO on Xbox One was one of the fixes that didn't make it into the review copy but will be in day1, same tech as PS4/PC

The game resolutions are revealed and speak for themselves. BF4 is confirmed 720p on Xbone and 900p on PS4. People who have seen both running say the PS4 version looks better.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-01-2013 at 18:29.

Forum Elder
    It doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad. We will be finding out soon though.
    i think we found out with the resolutions of the games that are due for release.
    sure, it may just mean that the OS/dev tools are not up to snuff as yet. but as of right now.... Xbox is way weaker than PS4.

i'm still buying Xbox 1st for kinect and Xbox exclusives and when there are multi-plats i want. most likely they will be on PS4 for me.

it may have been answered already, but journalists (gaming) need to ask devs and/or MS as to why there is such a disparity between the 1st lot of games on each system. and if there is an nda on the devs, then MS need to be asked why.

23. Likes Mael Duin, mistercrow, Christopher likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    The game resolutions are revealed and speak for themselves. BF4 is confirmed 720p on Xbone and 900p on PS4. People who have seen both running say the PS4 version looks better.
    There has been no confirmations yet. According to dice those werent the final builds. No doubt that both versions will be good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    i think we found out with the resolutions of the games that are due for release.
    sure, it may just mean that the OS/dev tools are not up to snuff as yet. but as of right now.... Xbox is way weaker than PS4.
    I haven't seen anything yet that proves xb1 is way weaker. If it didn't have games like Forza that's 1080p and 60FPS I would agree. It could be down to late dev tools, and according to Dice thats sound exactly what it is.

it may have been answered already, but journalists (gaming) need to ask devs and/or MS as to why there is such a disparity between the 1st lot of games on each system. and if there is an nda on the devs, then MS need to be asked why.
    There may be a legit reason why their is a NDA and they definitely aren't talk till it's lifted. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad news IMO. I think it's safe to just wait and see before we start going off what journalist say. The majority really don't know what's going on. They get news the same way we do and most of it is rehashed and rumors.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-01-2013 at 20:43.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I haven't seen anything yet that proves xb1 is way weaker. If it didn't have games like Forza that's 1080p and 60FPS I would agree. It could be down to late dev tools, and according to Dice thats sound exactly what it is.
    1080P on Forza, which has no day/night cycles or weather? That wouldn't instill me with any confidence tbh. Some might argue that it was a design choice and that it brings nothing to the experience but to me it seems fishy that the 1080p title on XB1 wouldn't have weather particles to deal with while the particle heavy CoD and BF are at 720.

Power Member
    Saw a video of Silverstone on forza but it looks unimpressive, might be the typical British gloomy grey weather but still didn't impress me.
    Last edited by keefy; 11-01-2013 at 21:05.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    1080P on Forza, which has no day/night cycles or weather? That wouldn't instill me with any confidence tbh. Some might argue that it was a design choice and that it brings nothing to the experience but to me it seems fishy that the 1080p title on XB1 wouldn't have weather particles to deal with while the particle heavy CoD and BF are at 720.
    It doesn't matter. The game is still 1080p though. We can't say a game is only 1080p because there aren't any weather effects. We can say similar stuff like that about all games. I'm not saying that BF isnt gonna be better on this or that, but I think people should just wait until the final games are released. Non of us really know what's going on yet concerning the development of these titles. There is a lot of speculating going on right now. That's about it. I think it's best to just wait before we all start the doom and gloom for this gen.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    lets be honest Forza reached this 1080p/60fps but with what cost? no dinamic lightning,no AO, pretty bad enviroment details. yes, tools will be improved, BUT you cant improve dd3+esram combination. dd3 itself is to slow and 32mb of esram is not enough for 1080p/60fps without any sacrifices

great post about why xbox ram solution is not so good
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86115517&postcount=8067
    Last edited by FireSol; 11-01-2013 at 21:21.

Power Member
    Does the ESRAM have to be used? Can they bypass it somehow if that is causing a problem?

Thread Information