Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    PSN ID
    IceKnight77

What time are you going to a midnight release (If you are going to a store)

I am getting in line at 6:00 pm they will have people go into the store at 10:00 pm to get our stamps after that we pick up the console at 12:00 midnight

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    I will wait until Nov. 15. I am not doing a midnight thing. If I wait till around 4 pm on the release day there will not be to many people there.

3. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    I will wait until Nov. 15. I am not doing a midnight thing. If I wait till around 4 pm on the release day there will not be to many people there.
    Yeah, I'll go in the next morning and pick mine up.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    vudumonkey25
    I'm waiting to see how my gamestop is managing their midnight launch. With black ops 2 last year they had wrist bands available when they opened that morning. So people could swing in and get an earlier number and show up late. If that's the case I'll be there when they open so I don't have to worry as much later. If it's the standard way and it's just make a line I'll probably also go around 6pm. Myself and 5+ friends all have it pre-ordered so we'd all just hang out. One of the guys owns a restaurant and will meet us at 10pm with a bunch of pizzas and food for us and the people around us so they don't get mad that he's cutting in line to be with us.

The thing I fear the most is them saying they didn't get the amount the thought the were in. I was the 1st person to pre-order/pay in full for the console at that location so I'd be heated if I didn't get one. I was there at 10am the day after they announced it.
    What's the point in having an Internet connection if you're not using it to look up weird, ****ed-up pictures of dirty sex you'll never have yourself?

6. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post

PSN ID
    ckarlic
    Depends on what my Gamestop decides to do.

Not certain if I will do the midnight thing or just go in in the AM but am leaning towards going to the midnight launch to hang out with other gamers. My initial plan is to get to my gamestop with my Son around 6pm to get my receipt/number. I already paind off my system/games/accessories so I hope the checkout process goes smooth. Once I get my receipt, my son and I will hang out a little. Ill then take him home since he has school the next day ( he is 13 yrs old) . Ill hang out at home with the wife and kids until around 11pm and then drive back to gamestop and wait til midnight. I will jut get home, leave my console by my TV and go to sleep. No point in my firing the PS4 up since I want to be nice and fresh for the long haul ahead

Superior Member
    I remember waiting in line in the number 2 spot for a XBOX 360 at Walmart for 11 hours. We were slap happy and excited. I had the time back then. Now, I pre-ordered the PS4 and will just stroll in Best Buy on the 15th late morning. I haven't decided if I'm going to sell it (original plan) and hope to make enough to fund another for free or get busy with transferring, updating and downloading.

Seeing how many are for sale on craigslist and ebay already has me thinking I wouldn't make enough on the sale to justify it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    I remember waiting in line in the number 2 spot for a XBOX 360 at Walmart for 11 hours. We were slap happy and excited. I had the time back then. Now, I pre-ordered the PS4 and will just stroll in Best Buy on the 15th late morning. I haven't decided if I'm going to sell it (original plan) and hope to make enough to fund another for free or get busy with transferring, updating and downloading.

Seeing how many are for sale on craigslist and ebay already has me thinking I wouldn't make enough on the sale to justify it.
    Scalping consoles... seems seemly to me.

Elite Member
    I'm just gonna walk in there(GameStop)at midnight, grab a PS4, throw my CC at the cashier and say "hurry up $#@!! greatness is waiting".

11. Likes patthebaker321 likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    If I had done Gamestop, I'd be there around 9pm...

Original plan was midnight release at local gamestop but all of my friends are getting xbox one so i cancelled my preorder and preordered the launch console from gamestops website. No exams that week for college so I will stay at home on the 15th and wait patiently.

"I broke my back... It's spinal"
    - Mike Tyson

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    I'm just gonna walk in there(GameStop)at midnight, grab a PS4, throw my CC at the cashier and say "hurry up $#@!! greatness is waiting".
    You better get there early then.

Ultimate Veteran
    i think u better get there before 6 there will be people lined up for days. really iam not kiding
    get there nov 11 and camp out the whole week

i dont want to wait for hours in cold weather, just not worth it for me so i might just go late and be one of the ppl last in line. that or go next morning im still deciding.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Over here, the gamestop I usually use...

If you have a pre-order receipt, bring it. From the time you get there, until 11:30pm, they'll let you pay it off, and lineup in the order of when you pay. For example; if you're the first one there, and pay the amount, you'll get your sales receipt, and place 1 in line. If you're the 20th person, you'll be the 20th in line. Everyone else will have to lineup behind all the preorder customers.

PSN ID
    sayyestoweed
    The Walmart i per ordered mine at doesn't have a midnight release for it so i will have to go pick it up at 7am when the store opens
    hopefully they will have the games up because i want to buy KZ:SF/BF4 day one also

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckNation View Post
    The Walmart i per ordered mine at doesn't have a midnight release for it so i will have to go pick it up at 7am when the store opens hopefully they will have the games up because i want to buy KZ:SF/BF4 day one also
    I would preorder your games right now if I were you.

PSN ID
    IceKnight77
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    i think u better get there before 6 there will be people lined up for days. really iam not kiding
    get there nov 11 and camp out the whole week
    Not if your in a Suburb its not like i am in new york

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    vudumonkey25
    Talking to the employees at the Sony store in Manhattan they said for the ps3 people were on the sidewalk for a week waiting. That's so crazy. For this launch they are getting 1200 units for preorders and another 1000 for non preorders. I'm sure they'll have gigantic line.
    What's the point in having an Internet connection if you're not using it to look up weird, ****ed-up pictures of dirty sex you'll never have yourself?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by ReconRabbit View Post
    Not if your in a Suburb its not like i am in new york
    I'm in a suburb here as well. Camping for a week on the sidewalk dont fly around here. You'll end up in an orange jumpsuit camping out with your fellow inmates. lol

Veteran
    Apparently there's not midnight opening going on at any GS or at least not on any of the local stores here. But still I don't mind if I preorder I'm supposed to be guaranteed one on launch date so no concerns.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I initially thought about going to the midnight release but I think I'll just wait until they open the next day and get it. That way I can game all day and watch the launch party on Spike.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

PSN ID
    croatoa
    Recently, when I went into EB(Canada's Gamestop), my edge card was upgraded to platinum for free(regular $15 if you don't already have an edge card). I was told that with this card I can walk past the waiting lines and go right to the counter to get my pre-order. So if any of you have an edge card system at your local gamestop(provided you got your pre-order there) make it platinum and you won't have to worry about lines I believe.

Please be sure to confirm this with your local retailer so that you don't get mad at me if it isn't happening everywhere

26. Likes vudumonkey25 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    vudumonkey25
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide_Warrior View Post
    Recently, when I went into EB(Canada's Gamestop), my edge card was upgraded to platinum for free(regular $15 if you don't already have an edge card). I was told that with this card I can walk past the waiting lines and go right to the counter to get my pre-order. So if any of you have an edge card system at your local gamestop(provided you got your pre-order there) make it platinum and you won't have to worry about lines I believe.

Please be sure to confirm this with your local retailer so that you don't get mad at me if it isn't happening everywhere
    Interesting, thanks for the heads up. I'll def have to find out about this.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide_Warrior View Post
    I was told that with this card I can walk past the waiting lines and go right to the counter to get my pre-order. So if any of you have an edge card system at your local gamestop(provided you got your pre-order there) make it platinum and you won't have to worry about lines I believe
    You sure? I couldn't see this happening and being okay with it. It just seems like that would cause some problems.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Luckily, I'm getting mine from Target in store....and they aren't having a midnight release that I know of.....I've asked them twice.

They keep telling me to just get there in the morning at 8AM when they open.

Thread Information