Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    who licences crytek's engine anyway?
    More games by the day. One example I read about yesterday was Arkane Studios. Dishonored used UE3 but the next game is confirmed to be using cryengine despite the studio having free access to idtech5 (being a bethesda dev) and the option of UE.

Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ok. i was just curious because honestly i haven't played a single game that used the crytek engine...other than crytek games.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    ok. i was just curious because honestly i haven't played a single game that used the crytek engine...other than crytek games.
    Yeah, there haven't been any other big games, which is a shame. Arkane Studios is probably the biggest. I'm excited for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, but that's an indie title.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    i would like to see a gears of war game useing unreal 4. there is a good chance that epic wil bring gears to ps4.
    ms is not the publier for next gen gears and they dont own the series also i would like to see that demo
    Samaritan become a real game and the other one also
    Why? Gears is done.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    i think i know why companies like this are supporting Sony. since Nintendo has been and now MS going outside the gaming-only sphere, they need Sony more than MS and Nintendo.

if Sony fails then that would hurt core gaming a lot, and that would hurt these core developers a lot. they don't want that to happen. i really hope Sony can "maintain" its core focus. it's going to be a hell of a fight between gamers, casuals and non-gamers.

i think last years releases at PS3 showed that Sony finally fount their own way in industry. they core audience have nothing to worried about, but they also dont forget about artistic games like Jorney, Rain, Puppeteer and many others also hit the market.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Yeah, there haven't been any other big games, which is a shame. Arkane Studios is probably the biggest. I'm excited for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, but that's an indie title.
    i'm surprised they are still a studio...they only have a few IPs and likely none of them make them much money, considering they have to keep working on that engine of theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    i think last years releases at PS3 showed that Sony finally fount their own way in industry. they core audience have nothing to worried about, but they also dont forget about artistic games like Jorney, Rain, Puppeteer and many others also hit the market.
    the problem is that core gamers would need to support the PS4 this time around and i mean, "all" core gamers. Or about all of them. so even the X1 core gamers that are on the fence, not sure, want to wait, are still more interested in X1, and even the ones that hate Sony for whatever reason, maybe even some PC gamers, will eventually need to buy a PS4. of course, it's just my wild guess because we know that core gaming is dying and generally what happens when something is dying is that people try to gather up to keep the bond going well.

so the ones that care about resolution, power, advancements etc. in games, will need to show that with their wallet.

you can't buy a Wii U only and expect advancements. because then you're supporting Nintendo's vision. if PS4 turns out to be the core gaming console like we're all expecting it to be and so far evidenced, it will need all the help it can get. i really don't think Sony can keep their focus on core if they don't get more core gamers. i think that's what they want to do and MS is sort of letting them have it because they have bigger fish to fry.

core focus is a difficult task, it's just becoming increasingly easier to make low-production games that make a lot of money because they're focused on casuals. that's going to ruin gaming that we care for but the gaming industry will chug along.

Last generation Nintendo tapped out, this generation MS is holding on to the ledge, how long before Sony jumps too? this is it people. this generation will matter.

7. Likes FireSol likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Cryengine has been way ahead of Unreal since like 2007 (in tech features). I think they also take less royalties compared to EPIC since ofcourse they aren't that popular. Now after games like Ryse and Crysis trilogy the engine has enough of a foundation to attract devs

Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    More games by the day. One example I read about yesterday was Arkane Studios. Dishonored used UE3 but the next game is confirmed to be using cryengine despite the studio having free access to idtech5 (being a bethesda dev) and the option of UE.
    It's a shame idtech5 is exclusive to only Bethesda. Seems like such a waste of an engine....

COD would no doubt be running on idtech5 by now if it were available.

and Bethesda would make lots of licensing money off it. It doesn't make sense to not allow other developers to use idtech5. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of UE, Frostbite, or CryEngine.... but it still has that ultra smooth gameplay and shooting that made COD famous.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    i'm surprised they are still a studio...they only have a few IPs and likely none of them make them much money, considering they have to keep working on that engine of theirs.
    It is interesting. They are a huge company, and have an advanced graphics engine. Crysis isn't that big of a seller. I guess they get enough from royalties and companies outside the game industry might use their engine.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style

core focus is a difficult task, it's just becoming increasingly easier to make low-production games that make a lot of money because they're focused on casuals. that's going to ruin gaming that we care for but the gaming industry will chug along.
    im totally agree with text that i put under the spoiler! and as a gamer i will support Sony with my wallet and by streaming games from my ps4 every time i can.
    and now get to boild part. in one of the early interviews after ps4 revial Shu sad that WWS will more focused on AAA games, there will be AA,A, but lesser that this gen. because A,B,C class of games belongs to small/indie developers and Sony, Shahid is the main guy here, understands that. This is why they so indie friendly, because now indie fill low budget games market and allowing BIG guys concentrate on BIG projects. i think you would agree that Sony has one of the most talented teams in business and the best thing that Sony can do is not disturb them, but help. low-production casual games and mobile gaming is overrated and this buble will esplode sooner or later.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    I actually wonder what they have in store. I am sure it is multiplat; If not, man that would be as the company name, EPIC!

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    It is interesting. They are a huge company, and have an advanced graphics engine. Crysis isn't that big of a seller. I guess they get enough from royalties and companies outside the game industry might use their engine.
    yeah they definitely have a presence in the industry regardless of the series' success.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    im totally agree with text that i put under the spoiler! and as a gamer i will support Sony with my wallet and by streaming games from my ps4 every time i can.
    and now get to boild part. in one of the early interviews after ps4 revial Shu sad that WWS will more focused on AAA games, there will be AA,A, but lesser that this gen. because A,B,C class of games belongs to small/indie developers and Sony, Shahid is the main guy here, understands that. This is why they so indie friendly, because now indie fill low budget games market and allowing BIG guys concentrate on BIG projects. i think you would agree that Sony has one of the most talented teams in business and the best thing that Sony can do is not disturb them, but help. low-production casual games and mobile gaming is overrated and this buble will esplode sooner or later.
    mobile gaming and casual gaming is definitely overrated but it's definitely becoming a big force as we go along. it's sort of like what happened to PC gaming when console gaming was overrated.

i was playing this castle game by zynga and i actually thought it was fairly addictive. i can't imagine how much money they must make with that. these games have no storyline, and not much game assets and yet they have high replayability and content gets added consistently.

you have to understand that in order to get people to play games that can't play games...is to make games that are super easy and fun...they have found that formula...now more companies need to get on board and do it.

i think we're going to start seeing publishers support more indie devs that also make these mobile games...it's going to be big. the core developers will shrink and/or move on to making smaller games...ones that couldn't sustain anyway and we'll be left with highly skilled developers that make high production games (A, AA, AAA).

if we do get it this way, I'd be very happy, i do like indie games but i don't want them to take over, just be a part of all of this...what i don't want is a move towards "casual gaming"...or the dreaded "non-gamer gaming"... a la facebook. that's what i'm afraid of.

i think core gaming has nothing to really worry about but it will shrink over time. we should be thanking Sony for keeping it up or it would go down faster.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Games using CryENGINE. There's actually quite a lot. The main big game in there though is Star Citizen, that game on CryENGINE 4 looks stunning.
    Cryengine has been way ahead of Unreal since like 2007 (in tech features). I think they also take less royalties compared to EPIC since ofcourse they aren't that popular. Now after games like Ryse and Crysis trilogy the engine has enough of a foundation to attract devs
    Technical features yes, ease of use no, designer features no, user friendliness no, support no - having said that their support in general is fantastic but Epic's support is insane.

There's a reason UnrealEngine is used by most companies and it's this level of support and ease of use and portability to other platforms that makes UnrealEngine truly stand out over CryENGINE. UnrealEngine also has fantastic customisability.

In truth though both engines are amazing but if it was me I would still choose UnrealEngine of CryENGINE. The lighting initially is the only turnoff from UnrealEngine but they've finally added proper dynamic lighting in the new engine which I'm very happy about.

15. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    I am hoping Epic is creating this game for the ps4.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    I am hoping Epic is creating this game for the ps4.

If it was between the two, I'd choose Samaritan, I'll take anything new though.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Crytek and Epic will never be bought out, the reason being is that both companies are very engine-based PC centric and thus being bought by either company would be counter productive to their current visions as middleware developers. Both Crytek and Epic rely heavily on their engines being licensed as their main source of income, forcing it to a single platform would potentially make them bankrupt.
    ID?

Master Guru
    Gears of War was like the only thing missing on the PS3 for me. Uncharted was close in terms of an awesome third person shooter but it still wasn't Gears for me.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicnuke View Post
    If it was between the two, I'd choose Samaritan, I'll take anything new though.
    Epic should just come out and say "Today we would like to announced just minutes before the PlayStation 4 launch, Infiltrator and Samaritan will be launching on the ps4 exclusively".

Infiltrator in 2014/or 2015
    Samaritan in 2014/or 2015.

Not in the same year though. One in 2014, the other in 2015.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    ID?
    RAGE suck?
    Also ID went downhill ever since the buy out, lots of their talent has left. ZeniMax was the worst thing that happen to ID.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    RAGE suck?
    Also ID went downhill ever since the buy out, lots of their talent has left. ZeniMax was the worst thing that happen to ID.
    i did not know id got bought out. no wonder.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    Epic should just come out and say "Today we would like to announced just minutes before the PlayStation 4 launch, Infiltrator and Samaritan will be launching on the ps4 exclusively".

Infiltrator in 2014/or 2015
    Samaritan in 2014/or 2015.

Not in the same year though. One in 2014, the other in 2015.
    In the opening credits of the respective games it should say "Dedicated to SkarEffect" and "Dedicated to atomicnuke."

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicnuke View Post
    In the opening credits of the respective games it should say "Dedicated to SkarEffect" and "Dedicated to atomicnuke."
    If only epic would just listen to us. They have no idea how bad-ass those games would be on the ps4.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    They are all games from crytek. Crytek are not big fish in the middleware/engine market, no matter how much Yerli tries to spin it.
    Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    RAGE suck?
    The Quake engine bore Half Life an setup everything we know today as Steam for success.
    ID or 'id' for purists were mostly a tech company nobody thought they could get bought.
    Anyone can get bought.
    Blackberry gets bought tomorrow.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Disclosed licensees that have used Cryeninge are here:

http://mycryengine.com/index.php?conid=11

Plus some showcase games here:

http://mycryengine.com/index.php?conid=68

Thread Information