Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I don't know anything really about CryEngine 3....but the first Crysis and second Crysis are ****ING HORRID ENGINES.

The AI in BOTH games are a joke. In Cyrsis 2 there were many instances where the AI was running in place in a corner. Then The first Crysis is one of the worst optimized games in existense.

B/c of the first 2 Crysis games....I will not by Crysis 3 until it's like....****...$2.

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    other than far cry 3, have not heard of any of the other games. though some look interesting.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    I don't know anything really about CryEngine 3....but the first Crysis and second Crysis are ****ING HORRID ENGINES.

The AI in BOTH games are a joke. In Cyrsis 2 there were many instances where the AI was running in place in a corner. Then The first Crysis is one of the worst optimized games in existense.

B/c of the first 2 Crysis games....I will not by Crysis 3 until it's like....****...$2.
    Way off topic but if the only issue is the AI, in the original Far Cry for PC with mods, there was a secret super merc on an island you can't get to in the game. With the mod, it was possible to see him on the other side of the island not visible from the game. If he detected you, then he started coming after you. He was invulnerable, invincible and could walk underwater. You could go all over the whole map and he would find you and keep coming after you. You could sit off on a cliff and see him in the distance, put a sniper bullet in his head and he still kept coming.

So, making an invulnerable, invincible, terminator-like enemy game character is actually very easy to do. Of course, it makes the game impossible. The gamer would cry, so the AI is made dumb for the market. You see the really dumb AI flag set for live game demos because they don't want to show the dev get killed as soon as he starts. If its AI, there just needs to be work to get it more balanced and challenging.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    other than far cry 3, have not heard of any of the other games. though some look interesting.
    FC3 actually uses a different engine.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    This is good news, will be interesting to see what they bring to the PS4!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Well seems only logical. Epic ask for more power, Sony responds with more power. Now itīs Epic turn to show what they can do with that power.

Supreme Veteran
    Mark Rein truly praised the PS4 system after the Feb reveal, he mentioned the PS4 as 'A Really Perfect Gaming PC', so I'm not surprised they are showing support for the PS4.

“I think it’s a very smart move on Sony’s behalf to build this sort of enhanced PC architecture and then put so much in it,”
    “It’s like giving you the world’s best PC,” he said. “The kind of stuff that they announced that they’re doing, the level of convenience and things like that… they’re making a really perfect gaming PC.”
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

8. Likes Sufi wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Only thing i will say is, i laughed at the Wii and thought it was a joke, didnt it "win" last gen though? being the vastly inferior machine?

Does graphics/performance etc matter to the majority of you???

It did to me............but i use my ish for a LOT of media these days, therefore a xb1 would be the choice? but i dont want to compromise on quality and only want the machine that will produce the best looking games etc aka NEXT GEN GAMING, so this is my quandary (and i cant afford both this month!)
    Last edited by 33x; 11-04-2013 at 13:37.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Only thing i will say is, i laughed at the Wii and though it was a joke, didnt "win" last gen though?

It did to me............but i use my ish for a LOT of media these days, therefore a xb1 would be the choice? but i dont want to compromise on quality and only want the machine that will produce the best looking games etc aka NEXT GEN GAMING
    As far as media, it matters, what do you want to do and is there anything else out there that can do what the X1 does at a cheaper price?

The X1 for me is only for games, it's my 'next gen' exclusives machine. I don't hate the system, but it should have been fitted with better hardware imo.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    It really does depend on the style they are going for and it's quite easy to tell what they are trying to do with the game. If a game is going to look amazing, I want the performance to be really good. Same goes with if the game is going for a more simple graphical style or retro look

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Only thing i will say is, i laughed at the Wii and thought it was a joke, didnt it "win" last gen though? being the vastly inferior machine?

It did to me............but i use my ish for a LOT of media these days, therefore a xb1 would be the choice? but i dont want to compromise on quality and only want the machine that will produce the best looking games etc aka NEXT GEN GAMING, so this is my quandary (and i cant afford both this month!)
    media? you'll have to clarify here. if you mean netflix/hulu, mp4, mkv then that shouldn't be an issue. if you mean, doing things with kinect that involve apps and such then yes, that makes it complicated.

as for hardware and especially demographic focus not mattering...it should because say if you get the Wii U and suppose it was going to win next-gen, you're just going to get more of what they are offering. it doesn't even usually means that you'll get more games. the company's focus needs to be there.

MS made more profits than Sony, did they reinvest it back into more games? No.

Nintendo made billions with the Wii, did it get...even as many good games as their own previous platforms? no.

Profits do matter but what else equally matters is what the company intends to do with those profits and/or revenues.

So if you agree with where X1 is going then it shouldn't be difficult to decide.

Thread Information