Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Paypal comes to PSN Store!

http://www.psu.com/a021514/PayPal-op...yStation-Store

This has totally made my gaming week! I couldn't be happier at this convenient and safe method of adding funds to my wallet. Nice one Sony!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    well not in canada

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Oh yes! Now I can directly buy from foreign PSN stores instead of buying overpriced PSN cards on ebay. Just need the ability to change my EU PSN accounts region now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Oh yes! Now I can directly buy from foreign PSN stores instead of buying overpriced PSN cards on ebay. Just need the ability to change my EU PSN accounts region now.
    Good point, didn't think of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Oh wow I never thought of that either, nice.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    Eugh... Paypal. Much prefer Google Wallet.
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    So, I assume this'll be there for ps4 too. Cool, love how easy paypal makes it to buy stuff from online stores.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I found something I bet will change soon with PayPal. Since they just started, I doubt it's a problem...but I know it will become a problem soon. I tested this yesterday, so I know for a fact it works:
    If you have checking or savings linked to PayPal along with a card, and you fund your PSN wallet using the bank account on file, you should be required to wait until the transfer is complete from your bank before funds are in your wallet. I added 5 bucks to wallet from bank, and it was immediately in my wallet, but took two days to come out of bank.
    Technically, someone could add funds, they likely have a $100 limit, without having the money at all. It would be in the wallet and spent before PayPal blocked the account, causing Sony to loose money. They'll fix this I'm sure...And I just wanted to see how long a transfer took from my bank, I have no intention of ripping off Sony, and had the funds available to more than cover what I added. I really thought it would take a few days, which is why I only did 5 bucks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    You actually have to have a confirmed bank account to do this, so using a dummy account won't work. A person could do this, but would ruin there PayPal account in the process.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Veteran
    If you don't have the funds in your account the transaction won't go thru in the first place.

Once the transaction is authorized however, the psn will give u the funds right away to use. It may take a while for your bank to process and finalize the transaction.

What you could do is add fund to your account then withdraw the money from ur bank before the transaction gets finalized but then you just get hit with overdraft charges.. Lol

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by faaeng; 11-23-2013 at 03:42.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    It's not about the funds being in the bank, as soon as you click on "fund wallet", the amount is immediately in your psn wallet right then. I know from trying this week it takes two days to transfer from bank...but it didn't take that long for me to have funding in my wallet. When I clicked fund wallet, I immediately spent the amount I sent from my bank. Of course the funds were there, and came out two days later.

Veteran
    It takes only a second to get an authorization from you bank saying you have enough $ in your account to fund the amount you trying to fund. If you didn't have the funds in your account the money wouldn't have been added to your wallet.

The bank authorizing payment is damn near instantaneous. The bank actually finalizing the payment on the other hand is not.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    It takes only a second to get an authorization from you bank saying you have enough $ in your account to fund the amount you trying to fund. If you didn't have the funds in your account the money wouldn't have been added to your wallet.

The bank authorizing payment is damn near instantaneous. The bank actually finalizing the payment on the other hand is not.
    No...You are wrong, because I just tried it. I've already night deposited the check to cover what I put in my wallet..I really wish you would quit saying I don't know what I'm talking about.

I just did battlefield premium, at $49.99, and right now, my bank balance is $47.27 in the account linked to Paypal.
    It still funded my wallet with the $50 I added immediately, and I have premium already purchased.

I've been dealing with Paypal and such since they came out as a partner of eBay...I know how they work. And I know that you don't necessarily have to have the funds in your account in order to initiate a transfer before that money shows up...granted you will pay fees if the electronic ACH hits without money available..which is why I know I can safely do this without hurting my account...
    ACH doesn't operate on weekends or holidays, and the transaction I posted for $50 to my bank won't clear until Tuesday morning.
    normally, places like eBay will place a hold on things you buy until Paypal processes the payment. Sony just hasn't turned that on for their Paypal agreement...but if people start taking advantage of them and cost them a few thousand, I'm sure they will rather quickly.
    I used eBay on Newegg once to buy an entire computer -- granted I had over $3,000 in my bank account...but the $592 I spent on Newegg didn't come out until 3 days after I had processed it. I already had parts in-hand when they finally drew the money out.

The only way they could know immediately if funds are available would be if they charged a fee and did your transaction as an electronic check...that is NOT THE CASE. As I said..I just did it with $3 shy the amount I transferred and it went through just fine...but payroll check is sitting in night drop right now waiting on bank to open this morning..so it'll be there when they pull it...TUESDAY.

Veteran
    Well I guess I'm wrong, but I can take my debit card and go to the gas station and buy 10$ worth of stuff with $8 in my account if I wanted to too. I prefer not doing so, but have in the past. Many banks allow you to overdraft to a certain extent. Mine does and they charge $35 for each over draft.

BTW never said you didn't know what you were talking about, but if that's what you want ill stop saying you don't know what your talking about. O_o

But hey, if it works as u say and people want to overdraft the hell out of their accounts and paying all those penalties more power to them.
    If they do so unknowingly, its time to learn to balance your finances. Its always good to know how much $ you actually have.
    Last edited by faaeng; 11-24-2013 at 04:25.

Paypal?

A bunch of criminals imo.
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Only reason I know, is I used to be a not-so-trusting character...back when I had a painkiller addiction...and would sell / pawn anything I could get my hands on to fund my addiction. I ruined 2 checking accounts and went into debt like you wouldn't believe..and did some things I'm not proud of...

I'm glad that I'm no longer that person..and haven't been in almost 6 years ...
    I got into treatment and on Suboxone...and luckily it saved my life.

Veteran
    That's great to hear mahn. Good for you. Everyones had some low point in their lives. Its hard enough even admitting you have a problem to begin with. I kno I don't know you nor you me, but let me say this. I'm proud of you. I'm glad you put that part of your life behind you.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I am happy to tell anyone my story...even more now with what recently happened to my brother. I despise drugs in a way that most people despise roaches or flies...if people only knew what they were doing to themselves when they do drugs.

Thread Information