Latest PSU headlines:

PSU Live Streamer

Shots fired...Pachter fires smokin guns at PC master race

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    "You guys gotta get with the 21st century and learn how to play with a game controller."

I see why people are always laughing at this guy.

Anyway, why does everyone so quickly forget how easily you can hook a computer up to a TV? It's about as easy as any console. I have a computer hooked up to a 70" HDTV in the living room right now, where we watch TV shows, movies, and play music. I have emulators on it, and enjoy playing Widnwaker in 1080p or duking it out with my cousin in Smash Brothers. Playing some Pokemon or GoldenEye on the big screen while lounging on the couch is great.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

3. Likes John25 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    "You guys gotta get with the 21st century and learn how to play with a game controller."

I see why people are always laughing at this guy.

Anyway, why does everyone so quickly forget how easily you can hook a computer up to a TV? It's about as easy as any console. I have a computer hooked up to a 70" HDTV in the living room right now, where we watch TV shows, movies, and play music. I have emulators on it, and enjoy playing Widnwaker in 1080p or duking it out with my cousin in Smash Brothers. Playing some Pokemon or GoldenEye on the big screen while lounging on the couch is great.
    Same for me too , Love the fact that my Games/Movies/Music & Browsing the Internet are only a mouse click away while im on my Couch :P

& as for PC gamers needing to embrace the Controller well aside from Playing Online Shooters or RTS games all my PC gaming is via my 360 controller which instantly recognized by most PC games or you can use Software like Xpadder for games that don't see the controller

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    He also said The Walking Dead game had zero chance of winning game of the year at the VGAs and guess what? The Walking Dead game won that. He is well known because he has a big mouth.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    & as for PC gamers needing to embrace the Controller well aside from Playing Online Shooters or RTS games all my PC gaming is via my 360 controller which instantly recognized by most PC games or you can use Software like Xpadder for games that don't see the controller
    I do this too. I have a wired 360 controller which I use for some games on the TV's PC and my main gaming rig in my room. I kick my seat back or sit on my bed for platformers and third-person titles. Otherwise I sit in my seat and go all out with my mouse and keyboard. Nothing uncomfortable or complicated about the process.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Super Elite
    The more I hear about this bloke the more I dislike him.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    The more I hear about this bloke the more I dislike him.
    Congrats! You are a human being.

Forum Sage

Meh. When a controller provides me with the accuracy (without aim assist), the speed and the amount of buttons that can be used at the same time, and which can also be custom mapped, as a mouse and keyboard then and only then will I rate one above Mouse and Keyboard. The only time I use a pad now, when not on console, is when I play racing games. Everything else I use my trusty M&KB

Granted some games genres need pads such as racing, fighting and some platformers (super meat boy for example) but overall I can get by without them

BBK.. Tapatalking

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Yeah, Pachter probably know about the "money" part of the gaming industry, but as soon as he starts to talk about gaming or games he seems like he has no clue what so ever. And it doesn't help that he acts like an asshole about it either.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    A bit late as this was last week.

Anyway the stuff he mentioned made me pretty angry, not only was he totally biased towards consoles but he got everything about PCs completely and utterly wrong. It makes my blood boil hearing well recognised people make false assertions about the PC when it's everything but.

An HTPC is smaller than the X360 and PS3, in fact you can make a shuttle box that's smaller than the XB1 and on top of that it'll be FAR more powerful.

The piracy issue also pisses me off, I swear publishers completely negate the fact that the X360 has more pirated software than the PC did through its lifetime, I mean seriously look at the torrent sites, for the same game on PC the X360 torrent is WAY higher. Most games on PC nowadays are through a DD service which is pretty much negating the fact that you can pirate in the first place (yes I know Steam has been cracked to an extent). But there's one thing about PC games, they're so cheap that there isn't much of a reason to pirate the games. Trine 1+2 complete for 2.50 during sales or 10 per game without DLC on the consoles during the sales - yeah exactly.

PC Gamers do use game controllers, I've been using game controllers on my PC since the 90's but evidently he negates that fact. On top of that you can get wireless controllers for the PC (even in the 90's there was a wireless Microsoft Sidewinder).

Final point is that PC games can be played on the big screen already, in fact you have already been able to do so since time began. If I wanted to use the PC from a settee then I can simply grab a small all-in-one device that's small enough to use in both hands and you can type on it like I use it for my RaspberryPi.

Maybe he should get with the 21st century and realise that everything he's just said is the opposite to what you can already do with the PC. There is no need to make a PC console, there is no need to get with the times, we're ahead of the times!

12. Likes Nerevar likes this post
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    He sounds drunk in this.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Decent video cards these days carry multiple hdmi ports, at a flick of a switch PC gamers can have a big screen.

This guy is a fool, but console sales are big business for a reason and SONY is going to bank hard.
    At this point its basically how much money can SONY make? How big is the industry?
    Last edited by mickice; 11-03-2013 at 13:39.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Superior Member
    Meh, as a member of the master race, I don't have time for this.
    i7 4770 | 2x EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX SLI | 32GB
    i7 3770 | EVGA SC GTX 580 3GB​ | 16GB

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Seems like he still thinks PC gaming looks like this:

I've got consoles and a gaming notebook - it's godlike

Thread Information