Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 58
  1. #26
    Praetor Illuminatus
    Guest
    The resolution differences are really quite big. What people aren't talking about which seems like a bigger issue to me is the lack of antialiasing on the XBox One games. It seems like there isn't even enough juice in the XBox to try to cover the tracks on the resolution difference. When 4K becomes the norm like 1080p did this generation, these 720p games are going to look like utter rubbish and a jagged mess.

  2. #27
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,881
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    21,927 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    MS doesn't have as loyal base or had as publicly celebrated CEO as a company I think you might be alluding to :P
    Actually, I wasn't. Although, it is true that Apple fans upgrade their phones almost every year....but I don't think they are the only ones to do so. They are the only ones known to do it.

    I've read/met people who have an android who also replace their phone often enough.

    EDIT

    People also forget that last time around the Xbox 360 was $399.99 and the PS3 was $599.99 -- that is a $200 dollar difference.

    I know, Sony had a $499.99 version but that didn't last long on the market did it?

    The difference this time is only $100 dollars. You can't ignore that. Price won't matter as much. A lot of you will be surprised.

    People will see that they are getting 'Kinect' for $100 dollars more -- which will show value to some consumers. All I am saying is....price won't be an issue for either of them, at least not like last gen.
    Last edited by sainraja; 11-04-2013 at 01:03.

  3. #28
    PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,074
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    36,059 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Actually, I wasn't. Although, it is true that Apple fans upgrade their phones almost every year....but I don't think they are the only ones to do so. They are the only ones known to do it.

    I've read/met people who have an android who also replace their phone often enough.

    EDIT

    People also forget that last time around the Xbox 360 was $399.99 and the PS3 was $599.99 -- that is a $200 dollar difference.

    I know, Sony had a $499.99 version but that didn't last long on the market did it?

    The difference this time is only $100 dollars. You can't ignore that. Price won't matter as much. A lot of you will be surprised.

    People will see that they are getting 'Kinect' for $100 dollars more -- which will show value to some consumers. All I am saying is....price won't be an issue for either of them, at least not like last gen.
    No, not like last gen at all. Of course, PS4 isn't releasing next to a juggernaut like Gears of War like the PS3 did either. There are plenty of dissimilarities between this go and last go. I'm not sure that Kinect is going to have the draw that some think it will. I may very may well be the case that Kinect fans will say "I already have Kinect.....for my 360, do I really want to pay $500 for an upgrade?" I'm talking about the folks that bought Kinect for Zumba Fitness and crap like that. Hell, the bestselling game of all-time for the 360 was Kinect Adventures, a game that received poor to average reviews. Are the people who swarmed retail stores to get this gem the type that are going to buy new consoles every gen? Somehow, I doubt it.

    I think this gen is going back to where it belongs.....the core gamer.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  4. Likes Captncoke49, Shingo , mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
  5. #29
    Praetor Illuminatus
    Guest
    All you have to do is take a look at what the XBone can do at 1080p to see that it does very little to separate itself as a next-gen gaming console.

  6. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
  7. #30
    Superior Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    682
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    6,209 (0 Banked)
    The Xbox One seems to be Microsofts new Wii
    Only this one is expensive for gimmicky game play and subpar graphics

  8. #31
    Supreme Veteran
    A7MAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    35
    Posts
    17,964
    Rep Power
    121
    Points
    2,838 (3,044 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The X1 costs more and under performs as far as games are concerned for a higher price. This whilst sounding like a troll comment is actually true, at least it will be true for the first year of the X1 life cycle.

    MS' saving grace will come from features but even that pales in the face of similarly priced HTPC's that can do more than the X1 and even record that TV, Sports, TV, TV, TV MS were pushing at their X1 reveal.

    Microsoft may have the underpowered harder to dev for system but they do have some great games and obviously more will follow, imo, the X1 is going to be an exclusives only machine for me.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

  9. Likes 33x wishes they had posted this first.
  10. #32
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor Illuminatus View Post
    All you have to do is take a look at what the XBone can do at 1080p to see that it does very little to separate itself as a next-gen gaming console.
    If you can't tell the differences, and they aren't just very little... next-gen isn't going to be for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    The X1 costs more and under performs as far as games are concerned for a higher price. This whilst sounding like a troll comment is actually true, at least it will be true for the first year of the X1 life cycle.

    MS' saving grace will come from features but even that pales in the face of similarly priced HTPC's that can do more than the X1 and even record that TV, Sports, TV, TV, TV MS were pushing at their X1 reveal.

    Microsoft may have the underpowered harder to dev for system but they do have some great games and obviously more will follow, imo, the X1 is going to be an exclusives only machine for me.
    I'm right there with ya on it. My son may get some multiplat games on the One, but I'll be an exclusive gamer only for now.




  11. Likes A7MAD wishes they had posted this first.
  12. #33
    Superior Member
    TEST SUBJECT 83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    7
    Points
    4,818 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    The X1 costs more and under performs as far as games are concerned for a higher price. This whilst sounding like a troll comment is actually true, at least it will be true for the first year of the X1 life cycle.

    MS' saving grace will come from features but even that pales in the face of similarly priced HTPC's that can do more than the X1 and even record that TV, Sports, TV, TV, TV MS were pushing at their X1 reveal.

    Microsoft may have the underpowered harder to dev for system but they do have some great games and obviously more will follow, imo, the X1 is going to be an exclusives only machine for me.
    Looks like the XBO is going to be a strictly exclusive machine for a lot of people including me when and if I get one.
    It's quite amazing how similar this gen and next gen are almost exactly the same except with the roles reversed.
    MS is making the same mistakes as Sony made at the beginning of this gen, and Sony is just doing everything right while benefiting greatly from MS many mistakes.
    It's almost eerie how similar they are really. Lol!
    It makes sense for Sony to be doing better and making the right decisions because they learned from they're mistakes and have the experience screwing up to not make those same mistakes and to listen to the customer.
    MS on the other hand is coming out all puffy chested just as Sony did in 2006 acting like they're **** don't stick when it clearly did.
    As of now we've been smelling MS **** for months now, while Sony have the common sense and experience to keep theirs in a ziplock baggie and in the trash out of site. MS is all laid out in front of us for us to see and smell, and quite frankly
    I'm going to puke from it all soon. MS needs to do something drastic to get our attention focused on them in a positive light instead of the one were used to. MS needs to offer all they're customers a free 12 months of XBL, a second controller with the play and charge pack and charging dock.
    They need a distraction like that to get people to see such a good deal that they just have to buy it. This deal would only last for 2 months or so, so they won't be making a loss for long and the amount of units sold should make up for it easily.

  13. Likes A7MAD wishes they had posted this first.
  14. #34
    Superior Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    682
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    6,209 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    Looks like the XBO is going to be a strictly exclusive machine for a lot of people including me when and if I get one.
    It's quite amazing how similar this gen and next gen are almost exactly the same except with the roles reversed.
    MS is making the same mistakes as Sony made at the beginning of this gen, and Sony is just doing everything right while benefiting greatly from MS many mistakes.
    It's almost eerie how similar they are really. Lol!
    It makes sense for Sony to be doing better and making the right decisions because they learned from they're mistakes and have the experience screwing up to not make those same mistakes and to listen to the customer.
    MS on the other hand is coming out all puffy chested just as Sony did in 2006 acting like they're **** don't stick when it clearly did.
    As of now we've been smelling MS **** for months now, while Sony have the common sense and experience to keep theirs in a ziplock baggie and in the trash out of site. MS is all laid out in front of us for us to see and smell, and quite frankly
    I'm going to puke from it all soon. MS needs to do something drastic to get our attention focused on them in a positive light instead of the one were used to. MS needs to offer all they're customers a free 12 months of XBL, a second controller with the play and charge pack and charging dock.
    They need a distraction like that to get people to see such a good deal that they just have to buy it. This deal would only last for 2 months or so, so they won't be making a loss for long and the amount of units sold should make up for it easily.
    You can't buy off peoples memory of how arrogant Microsoft is toward gamers.

  15. Likes VayMasters86 wishes they had posted this first.
  16. #35
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    4,852 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    If you can't tell the differences, and they aren't just very little... next-gen isn't going to be for you.
    They're either crazy or just stupid if they can't tell the difference, though more seem to be blatantly ignoring the truth to suit their agenda.

    However, I have to say, Forza 5, the car models look great, the roads look about right for higher speeds and the car models have good shadow, bit everything else looks very superficial. I kinda just took peoples word that it looked great, and I thought so at the reveal, but watching gameplay videos on it all morning, and I can't stop looking at how fake the scenery looks. I'll wait for the launch version to make my final judgement, but that game does not look as good as everyone is saying.

    You can't buy off peoples memory of how arrogant Microsoft is toward gamers.
    MS has always been this arrogant, not jsut towards gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

    "Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

  17. Likes Malt, F34R wishes they had posted this first.
  18. #36
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,881
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    21,927 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    No, not like last gen at all. Of course, PS4 isn't releasing next to a juggernaut like Gears of War like the PS3 did either. There are plenty of dissimilarities between this go and last go. I'm not sure that Kinect is going to have the draw that some think it will. I may very may well be the case that Kinect fans will say "I already have Kinect.....for my 360, do I really want to pay $500 for an upgrade?" I'm talking about the folks that bought Kinect for Zumba Fitness and crap like that. Hell, the bestselling game of all-time for the 360 was Kinect Adventures, a game that received poor to average reviews. Are the people who swarmed retail stores to get this gem the type that are going to buy new consoles every gen? Somehow, I doubt it.

    I think this gen is going back to where it belongs.....the core gamer.
    Oh, I totally understand that and that is precisely my point. Things are different this time around and things that were a factor last generation won't be this time around.

    The difference this time is only $100 so it's anyone's game. Content and features will speak more this time.

  19. #37
    Dedicated Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    5,049 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Price isn't going to be an issue for the Xbox One. A lot of you people are going to be surprised. This isn't 2006.
    Yes and no. Moms and casuals around the world are still going to buy the cheapest console.

    So, can XBone with Kinect justify the the extra 100$? Let's ask consumers next year.

    Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  20. #38
    Superior Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    682
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    6,209 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Oh, I totally understand that and that is precisely my point. Things are different this time around and things that were a factor last generation won't be this time around.

    The difference this time is only $100 so it's anyone's game. Content and features will speak more this time.
    Only a $100? I work hard for my money

  21. #39
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,982
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    9,723 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Next gen, so far, is a blend of the ps2/ps3 era. Sony is combining the best of those gens. Nintendo seems to have combined the worst of those gens and MS is stuck middle ground. Add in the influence of the internet today. It's a twisted world but makes sense.

    I predict Nintendo are screwed. It's tracking worst than the gamecube(22m). And a price cut didn't help much at all.

    The xbox brand made 2 steps forward with the 360 and has taken a step backwards with the pr disaster of the xbone. It's not as popular as the 360 and doesn't hold the major selling point advantages the 360 held over the ps3. Instead, it holds the ps3's worst selling points. It's harder for devs to take advantage of(than ps4) and it cost more than the strongest console. It'll sell better than the xbox but won't sell better than the 360.

    The PS4 is the cheapest console that has 3rd party support. It's the strongest console and holds those selling point advantages that the 360 held. Plus it's more popular than the ps3. It'll sell better than the ps3 but not the ps2.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 11-04-2013 at 17:30.




  22. #40
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    16,652
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    34,318 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I actually have eyes and can see the differences are not huge between forza 4 and 5 int hat video above.

    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Only a $100? I work hard for my money

    And last gen the economy had not crashed, we were much better off then and could spare more monies, unliek now, where most are scrimping and saving what they can and barely clinging on to what ****ty job thy have because its harder to find a new one.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

  23. #41
    Superior Member
    TEST SUBJECT 83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    7
    Points
    4,818 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    You can't buy off peoples memory of how arrogant Microsoft is toward gamers.
    See that's were your wrong.

  24. #42
    Superior Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    682
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    6,209 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I actually have eyes and can see the differences are not huge between forza 4 and 5 int hat video above.




    And last gen the economy had not crashed, we were much better off then and could spare more monies, unliek now, where most are scrimping and saving what they can and barely clinging on to what ****ty job thy have because its harder to find a new one.
    We want value for our dollar and I dont see it in the Xbox One
    Last edited by thanatos144; 11-04-2013 at 18:08.

  25. #43
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,743
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    155,326 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I actually have eyes and can see the differences are not huge between forza 4 and 5 int hat video above. And last gen the economy had not crashed, we were much better off then and could spare more monies, unliek now, where most are scrimping and saving what they can and barely clinging on to what ****ty job thy have because its harder to find a new one.
    Yep I noticed that as well. Graphically Forza 5 is Forza 4.5 from what I've seen in the videos.

  26. #44
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,743
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    155,326 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor Illuminatus View Post
    All you have to do is take a look at what the XBone can do at 1080p to see that it does very little to separate itself as a next-gen gaming console.
    Then theres the fact that theres no day/night cycle or weather cycles (even NFS Rivals has day/night cycles and weather) plus alot of pretty barren tracks like Laguna Seca. So not surprising that this is the only 1080p game in the Xbone lineup.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-04-2013 at 18:39.

  27. #45
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,982
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    9,723 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They're doing their hardest to downplay those disadvantages of the xbone

    Infinity Ward's executive producer Mark Rubin briefly explained last week why there was a disparity in the resolution of Call of Duty: Ghosts on Xbox One (runs at 720p) and PlayStation 4 (runs at 1080p).

    In an interview with IGN today, Rubin talked more about the difference.

    [...]

    He went on to explain that there's no agenda or definite reason for the difference. “There’s no maliciousness, there’s no specific reason why one’s 720p, one’s 1080p," he said. "That’s just the way the optimisation came out to. To keep a smooth frame rate we needed to be 720p on Xbox One. That being said, it is being upscaled to 1080p, so it is outputting 1080p on your TV, and for the most part the game does look really good. Some people actually think the textures look a little bit nicer maybe on Xbox than they do on PS4.
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/0...on-playstation




  28. #46
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    13,763
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    25,099 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lol



    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  29. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 wishes they had posted this first.
  30. #47
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,881
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    21,927 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Yes and no. Moms and casuals around the world are still going to buy the cheapest console.

    So, can XBone with Kinect justify the the extra 100$? Let's ask consumers next year.
    That's up to each consumer. I am just saying price will play a smaller role this time around.

    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Only a $100? I work hard for my money
    My point was that the difference is $100 dollars this time vs $200 dollars.

  31. #48
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,743
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    155,326 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    They're doing their hardest to downplay those disadvantages of the xbone http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/0...on-playstation
    "To keep a smooth framerate we needed to be 720p on Xbox One." 'nuff said.

  32. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 wishes they had posted this first.
  33. #49
    Apprentice
    Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mt. Olympus (North Carolina)
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    7
    Points
    3,481 (0 Banked)
    The Price difference may not matter to some gamers, but it'll matter to those parents who buy their child a system with no knowledge of how they work. And that'll be one of the driving forces in sales.

  34. #50
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    14
    Points
    7,779 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    never cared for the journalism at IGN. But holy crap if those comments below that article are just sad. Read those comments. It's loaded with people trying to have some voice of reason, than when you read their entire comment.....I shouldn't have to say any more. lol

    IW is going to try to sell as many games on both platforms. I will bet ya'll that if Sony comes out on top by a big margin, you best be sure the real stuff is going to spill about how IW really feels about the Xbox One.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.