Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Gaming Media Defend Xbox One's Higher Price, Lower Resolution

Want to read a comprehensive story on the truth? Give this site a well-earned hit. By the way, the thread title is the title of the article. I didn't write it.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Gam...ion-60283.html

2. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Praetor Illuminatus
    I'm up to this part and just FLOORED. Too bad the links don't work in the copy and paste function. Anyways, reading more here, but whoah!
    What follows is an inexplicably odd (or perhaps normal, if you're used to the Doritocracy) set of behavioral reactions from gaming media. While smaller sites like Gameranx and Videogamer.com make it known that a system costing $100 more and outputting resolutions at half the pixels of the competitor is an absolute deal-breaker, other larger sites those with significantly greater influence took a different path from the problem.

Forum Sage
    Price isn't going to be an issue for the Xbox One. A lot of you people are going to be surprised. This isn't 2006.

5. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Praetor Illuminatus
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Price isn't going to be an issue for the Xbox One. A lot of you people are going to be surprised. This isn't 2006.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but in 2006, consoles of similar and comparable power launched not one that was pushing twice the resolution or better right? Perhaps you could clarify what you mean.

PSN ID
    croatoa
    Sorry Saininja but I have to respectfully disagree with that statement- the last gen came out at a lucky time- this time around our economy sucks and a lot of people who used to live VERY comfortably must now eke out a more modest living- and I believe that this trend will continue for a while. The only people who will choose the higher priced console are people who are extremely loyal to microsoft or have the moolah to throw around. But most people will buy the cheaper console- especially if it is just as good (if not better) than its competitor.
    This is just my opinion though- I may be wrong

8. Likes thanatos144 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Want to read a comprehensive story on the truth? Give this site a well-earned hit. By the way, the thread title is the title of the article. I didn't write it. http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Gam...ion-60283.html
    Not surprising at all. Pretty typical in fact for these gaming media sites.

Dedicated Member
    Your wrong: In 2008 the US economy, the last holdout, collapsed and has been in a yo yo pattern ever since.
    The cheaper system with less questions about it's value is likely to sell like crazy.
    Everyone else is getting MS to spread FUD on PS4 and GIVE (Grandiose Idealized Visions of Excellence) about the XBONE.
    Last edited by 33x; 11-03-2013 at 10:13. Reason: Fanboys terms

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Come on now.. Most of my 10 year old sons friends have got Xbox 360's, why? Because they were cheaper (or perceived to be cheaper anyway) to buy for them as birthday/Christmas presents. Like it or not, a large number of consoles will be bought for kids by parents, 80 is a lot of money at the time of year when you have a few kids to buy Christmas presents for and one of them wants a next gen console.. IMO the price difference is going to effect sales numbers far more than one console being 720p and one being 1080p, especially at this time of year..

12. Likes Riptide_Warrior likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    All in all, My Hat is off to AMD in this matter:

They obviously did not leak all of the info of either system to the other company and we got this.
    Each one seems to have developed what they wanted.
    I just don't want what MS is selling.

Elite Sage
    I agree with you that this isn't 2006. X1 has horrible reputation right now, is weaker and more expensive that competitors and on the top of that, Playstation 3 has been far more popular than Xbox 360 in these 2-3 past years. Xbox brand is weakening and right now USA seems to be only market where X1 won't have hard time (after launch, of course).
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

15. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    I agree with you that this isn't 2006. X1 has horrible reputation right now, is weaker and more expensive that competitors and on the top of that, Playstation 3 has been far more popular than Xbox 360 in these 2-3 past years. Xbox brand is weakening and right now USA seems to be only market where X1 won't have hard time (after launch, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    Come on now.. Most of my 10 year old sons friends have got Xbox 360's, why? Because they were cheaper (or perceived to be cheaper anyway) to buy for them as birthday/Christmas presents. Like it or not, a large number of consoles will be bought for kids by parents, 80 is a lot of money at the time of year when you have a few kids to buy Christmas presents for and one of them wants a next gen console.. IMO the price difference is going to effect sales numbers far more than one console being 720p and one being 1080p, especially at this time of year..
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Your wrong: In 2008 the US economy, the last holdout, collapsed and has been in a yo yo pattern ever since.
    The cheaper system with less questions about it's value is likely to sell like crazy.
    Everyone else is getting M$ to spread FUD on PS4 and GIVE (Grandiose Idealized Visions of Excellence) about the XBONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide_Warrior View Post
    Sorry Saininja but I have to respectfully disagree with that statement- the last gen came out at a lucky time- this time around our economy sucks and a lot of people who used to live VERY comfortably must now eke out a more modest living- and I believe that this trend will continue for a while. The only people who will choose the higher priced console are people who are extremely loyal to microsoft or have the moolah to throw around. But most people will buy the cheaper console- especially if it is just as good (if not better) than its competitor.
    This is just my opinion though- I may be wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor Illuminatus View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but in 2006, consoles of similar and comparable power launched not one that was pushing twice the resolution or better right? Perhaps you could clarify what you mean.
    Let me put it this way, if Xbox One fails it won't be because of it's price. I am using the most extreme example to make my point (I don't think the Xbox One will fail.)

If Microsoft can show value the price won't hold it [Xbox One] back. Microsoft did mess up with their messaging but it's not too late for them to fix that. We'll see what happens but I don't think price will be a major issue this time around. People buy a new phone every year (when they really don't need to.)

Dedicated Member
    People buy a new phone every year (when they really don't need to.)
    MS doesn't have as loyal base or had as publicly celebrated CEO as a company I think you might be alluding to :P

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    MS doesn't have as loyal base or had as publicly celebrated CEO as a company I think you might be alluding to :P
    Actually, that company doesn't have that celebrated CEO any more. Although, with how cult like those people are they probably are waiting for him to rise from the dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    BilLCollecTTor
    This doesn't surprise me at all. The gaming media is a joke and has been for a long time.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Microsoft has the money to buy good reviews and spin. This is something we all know. Microsoft has been doing this for decades selling one garbage OS after another.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    I kinda feel sorry for Microsoft too, one bad step after another and ontop of that SONY pulls the rug from under them in one of their better sectors. :'( Was a good run.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    Actually, that company doesn't have that celebrated CEO any more. Although, with how cult like those people are they probably are waiting for him to rise from the dead.
    And thus the company is starting to slide, but that's for another thread :P

23. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Its like slagging off an ex girlfriend... you dont really like her but you dont like others saying bad things so you defend her!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

25. Likes 33x likes this post
    PSN ID
    croatoa
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    This is exactly what I meant couldn't have said it better

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    It is called damage control Microsoft is using those game review sites willing to sell it's good name to spin the obvious downfalls of the Xbox one

Dedicated Member

You really shouldn't. For the most part they put themselves in this position, and with the way companies constantly hide, bend, and even break the truth, they deserve exactly what they're getting when it happens. Also one of Sony's big wins this coming gen was the risk on using GDDR5, which when the decision was made was more expensive, Sony got lucky the costs fell as fast as they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Dedicated Member

I believe the cost will matter more than resolution.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide_Warrior View Post
    The only people who will choose the higher priced console are people who are extremely loyal to microsoft or have the moolah to throw around.
    or they could maybe.... want to play the Xbox exclusives 1st (like me) and use kinect.

as regards then and now over price. i'm sure it's been said that both consoles are tracking pre-orders way above those of this gen. so i'd agree with sainraja that pricewill not be an issue.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Same here. I am interested in the exclusives for now. That's all for me. I'm not really into Kinect, and definitely don't like having to buy it just to be able to enjoy the exclusives I'm hyped for. I definitely don't just have money to throw around. I earned the money for the things we spend it on.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Honestly even if Sony literally had no games at launch except for indies and F2P games and XBO could have Titanfall and Halo and Quantim Break and whatever "amazing" games you could think of and I would still buy a PS4.
    Why because one, MS has proven that they lie to our faces, example: "Kinect and DRM are part of the system and can be switched off just like that." Lol! Total BS. I could go on with examples of how MS has $#@! us over.
    And two, Sony has proven to have, unless your a jock that only plays shooters and eats Doritos and mtn dew that Sony has hands down the better exclusives. Now of course that's a subjective statement and what games are better is a matter of opinion, but I don't care who you are you have to admit that in the course of this whole generation of games that Sony had better quality and more numbers of exclusives. MS had Halo, gears, and....? I can't think of any others that haven't either come to PS eventually or that you can just play on PC.
    You can call me a Sony fanboy but I just love games and hate to hate MS, I want nothing more than to want an Xbox, but MS is making that extremely hard for me to do. Yes there both corporations and want your money in the end, but at least Sony is doing a great job at communicating with us and actually listening. Not being forced into a situation where that have to change something.
    Anyways, will just have to wait and see how it all turns out. It's been one hell of a console war and it's all just beginning.

Thread Information