Quality of PS+ games for PS3 when PS4 comes out?

So I was wondering do you think the quality of titles for PS+ users on PS3 will drop off when the PS4 comes out?
    What games will they offer for PS4 in the beginning? Indie titles?
    Will Sony shift their focus on titles for PS4 and slowly decrease good PS3 titles for PS+ users?

Im a little worried the quality of games for PS3 will start to decrease starting next month.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by O.J. Mayo View Post
    So I was wondering do you think the quality of titles for PS+ users on PS3 will drop off when the PS4 comes out?
    What games will they offer for PS4 in the beginning? Indie titles?
    Will Sony shift their focus on titles for PS4 and slowly decrease good PS3 titles for PS+ users?

Im a little worried the quality of games for PS3 will start to decrease starting next month.
    Nope.
    I'm under the impression that most devs will be releasing titles on both systems.
    MOST PS+ games don't nearly flex the PS3's muscle and concentrate on gameplay aspects.
    They tend to have more artistic if lower poly count and effects lated graphics and run at high rez and fast framerates given those lack of demands.
    You release on PS3 to get volume sales.

Im not concerned about the quality of indie titles.
    Im worried we wont be getting good enough AAA titles on PS3.
    In previous months we got Far Cry 3, MGS Revengeance, Infamous 2, LBP2, Vanquish, Battlefield 3, Deus Ex, Hitman...............
    I hope this streak of great games continues but......

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    It won't drop for at least end of 14, I don't know rest of the world, but ps+ really push people to buy ps3 in here.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Nope.
    I'm under the impression that most devs will be releasing titles on both systems.
    MOST PS+ games don't nearly flex the PS3's muscle and concentrate on gameplay aspects.
    They tend to have more artistic if lower poly count and effects lated graphics and run at high rez and fast framerates given those lack of demands.

You release on PS3 to get volume sales.
    I don't agree! Hitman: Absolution, Far Cry 3, Metal Gear Rising, Uncharted 3, XCOM, Sleeping Dogs...these are all visually impressive games. I'm going through MGR atm and it looks damn good.

Devs aren't going to forget a 190,000,000 gen 7 userbase straight away. We will still see games for this gen for some time. Sony will still pump out 1st party PS3 games and pubs like EA and Ubi have pledged a few more years support. There are plenty of big games to come to IGC, Tomb Raider, Batman Origins, maybe even GTA5 one day plus way more I can't be bothered to think about right now.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    I wouldn't imagine so, there's obviously still a gigantic install base on the system and it would be pure insanity to neglect such customers. It will subside in quality eventually of course, in tandem with the PlayStation 3's deterioration. This won't be in the immediate future, though. One, perhaps unfounded, thought I was having was that since PS+ is required for online play that the quality of titles would be a little lower than it would be if it were still optional, since Sony wouldn't have to 'wow' people as much into buying the service given that it will now be practically a necessity. I highly doubt that'd ever be the case, mind.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

^
    Im sure the quality of titles will start to drop off starting next month.
    Realistically people have already stopped buying PS3, PS+ is a necessity like you said for PS4 online play so Sony doesnt have to try so hard to please us. With users shifting to their PS4's eventually (by the end of next year) and the number of active PS3 users dropping off the quality of titles available for PS3 on PS+will get worse & worse.

I wonder what AAA games will Sony offer PS4 users in the first 6 moths? Or they plan to offer just indie titles?
    I dunno kinda feel like the golden age of PS+ is coming to a close.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by O.J. Mayo View Post
    ^
    Im sure the quality of titles will start to drop off starting next month.
    Realistically people have already stopped buying PS3, PS+ is a necessity like you said for PS4 online play so Sony doesnt have to try so hard to please us. With users shifting to their PS4's eventually (by the end of next year) and the number of active PS3 users dropping off the quality of titles available for PS3 on PS+will get worse & worse.

I wonder what AAA games will Sony offer PS4 users in the first 6 moths? Or they plan to offer just indie titles?
    I dunno kinda feel like the golden age of PS+ is coming to a close.
    I don't think so. If anything, PS+ will boost the vitality of the PS3. It will take a while before PS+ can take hold on the PS4 with anything but indie games. But Sony has quite a backlog of games to extend PS+ for some time. I'm betting PS+ will offer even more appeal when Gakai starts providing PS3 backward compatibility for the PS4.

Do I sound overly hopeful? Yes....I'm being hopeful.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Thread Information