Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 70
  1. #1
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,944
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    28,052 (0 Banked)

    Xbox One dashboard snapping apps and multitasking.



    very impressive.

    oops.... i mean... so full of bugs
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 11-03-2013 at 01:09.

  2. Likes Itachi , Omar likes this post
  3. #2
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    1,171 (0 Banked)
    Love it, really looks amazing and works well. Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    John-117

  4. #3
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,074
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    412,301 (0 Banked)
    So, MS doesn't think it's a big deal because they expect/want most of the gamers to only have the game in 720p frames while they sell us ads on the rest of our valuable screen real estate? I'd rather just play 1080p games. So, XBO games will 'perform better in SNAP mode?'.
    I'm waiting to hear how the system shows it's full potential by functioning more efficiently when players use the SNAP option and that games are OPTIMIZED graphically for being in SNAP windows!!!!

    Continues giggling.... lol.

    Last edited by John Willaford; 11-03-2013 at 03:48.

  5. #4
    Dedicated Member
    Sajuuk Khar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    9,085 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    So, MS doesn't think it's a big deal because they expect/want most of the gamers to only have the game in 720p frames while they sell us ads on the rest of our valuable screen real estate? I'd rather just play 1080p games. So, XBO games will 'perform better in SNAP mode?'.
    I'm waiting to hear how the system shows it's full potential by functioning more efficiently when players use the SNAP option and that games are OPTIMIZED graphically for being in SNAP windows!!!!

    Continues giggling.... lol.

    Hmm that's an interesting take....


    And that gif is just all kinds of offensive :P

  6. #5
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    23
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    So, MS doesn't think it's a big deal because they expect/want most of the gamers to only have the game in 720p frames while they sell us ads on the rest of our valuable screen real estate? I'd rather just play 1080p games. So, XBO games will 'perform better in SNAP mode?'.
    I'm waiting to hear how the system shows it's full potential by functioning more efficiently when players use the SNAP option and that games are OPTIMIZED graphically for being in SNAP windows!!!!

    Continues giggling.... lol.
    That's the thing, the One isn't made for you but there is a very large audience out there that it is made for. God forbid that these consoles behave differently based on their target audience. If you're looking for a gaming rig then the PS4 is up your alley. The One is designed more for the mainstream gamer that wants more from a console than for the "core" gamer who is worried about resolution.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  7. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
  8. #6
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,074
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    412,301 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    Hmm that's an interesting take....


    And that gif is just all kinds of offensive :P
    Two Snaps in a Z formation!
    Last edited by John Willaford; 11-03-2013 at 06:19.

  9. #7
    Apprentice
    on the rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    1,259 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Two Snaps in a Z formation!
    I would think you would need at least 3 snaps for a z formation.

    And ui seems to work as advertised

  10. #8
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,348
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    32,997 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lol the rumor was that the system was having issues snapping when connected to live (buggy)...obviously normal $#@! will work because that's what ms had been concentrating on all along but when it comes to gaming applications, it starts glitching...so they say

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  11. #9
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,331 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    So, MS doesn't think it's a big deal because they expect/want most of the gamers to only have the game in 720p frames while they sell us ads on the rest of our valuable screen real estate? I'd rather just play 1080p games. So, XBO games will 'perform better in SNAP mode?'.
    I'm waiting to hear how the system shows it's full potential by functioning more efficiently when players use the SNAP option and that games are OPTIMIZED graphically for being in SNAP windows!!!!

    Continues giggling.... lol.

    None of that makes any sense.

    Not in that video, nor anywhere I've read/watched, has it been said that games will perform better in snap mode.

    Topic:

    This video is on an sdk, and doesn't even represent how the snap feature will work in the consumer environment, not even from a basic sense.

    This is how it will be for the consumer:



    You're welcome.




  12. #10
    Superior Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    905
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    8,011 (0 Banked)
    And the damage control spin continues for the Xbox. How is showing something in a heavily controlled environment prove their media bar ie commercial selling app machine works well?
    141.12

  13. #11
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,331 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    And the damage control spin continues for the Xbox. How is showing something in a heavily controlled environment prove their media bar ie commercial selling app machine works well?
    The video I used is showing the difference between how the SDK version is controlled, and how the consumer/retail version is applied. I'm not going into whether it will work as well as the one I posted. That'll be left to be seen.




  14. #12
    Veteran
    Bligmerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,411
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    21,676 (0 Banked)
    Except these videos are edited commercials. Microsoft, so far, has yet to show a live demonstration on a real XBone. Penello has even come out and said they can't because of some logistics nonsense. Yoshida-san has demonstrated the PS4 PDM at least twice live, at E3 and TGS, no glitches, everything snapping lightning fast. Even the XBone unplayable kiosks that are rolling out at Best Buy have dummy display units and something playing a movie with flashes of the Metro. Sure seems late in the launch phase to be doing things like that.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

  15. #13
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,331 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Except these videos are edited commercials. Microsoft, so far, has yet to show a live demonstration on a real XBone. Penello has even come out and said they can't because of some logistics nonsense. Yoshida-san has demonstrated the PS4 PDM at least twice live, at E3 and TGS, no glitches, everything snapping lightning fast. Even the XBone unplayable kiosks that are rolling out at Best Buy have dummy display units and something playing a movie with flashes of the Metro. Sure seems late in the launch phase to be doing things like that.
    Except? Of course it's edited footage. However, it specifically shows the difference in how that sdk video was being used, and how the retail unit will be used. Let's not get into whether it'll work perfectly like the video, that wasn't the intent of why I posted the video.




  16. #14
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,074
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    412,301 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    None of that makes any sense.

    Not in that video, nor anywhere I've read/watched, has it been said that games will perform better in snap mode.

    Topic:

    This video is on an sdk, and doesn't even represent how the snap feature will work in the consumer environment, not even from a basic sense.

    This is how it will be for the consumer:



    You're welcome.
    Misunderstood, having trouble with the video, will view later.
    Last edited by John Willaford; 11-04-2013 at 02:51.

  17. #15
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,957
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    61,665 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Except these videos are edited commercials. Microsoft, so far, has yet to show a live demonstration on a real XBone. Penello has even come out and said they can't because of some logistics nonsense. Yoshida-san has demonstrated the PS4 PDM at least twice live, at E3 and TGS, no glitches, everything snapping lightning fast. Even the XBone unplayable kiosks that are rolling out at Best Buy have dummy display units and something playing a movie with flashes of the Metro. Sure seems late in the launch phase to be doing things like that.
    There has been quite a few hands on with the xb1 dashboard as well as retail units going around the country for gamers to try.This is MS bread and butter so I wouldn't worry about the OS as much. On the other hand there are still no reports of retail ps4s being played anywhere. Not even for journalist to do a review. Only debug units. It's only like two more weeks before launch. That is very odd to me.

  18. #16
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,421
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    16,234 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    There has been quite a few hands on with the xb1 dashboard as well as retail units going around the country for gamers to try.This is MS bread and butter so I wouldn't worry about the OS as much. On the other hand there are still no reports of retail ps4s being played anywhere. Not even for journalist to do a review. Only debug units. It's only like two more weeks before launch. That is very odd to me.
    Retail units? Really?
    This footage from one of the tour trucks says XDK...



    Care to explain how a Dev kit is considered RETAIL UNIT now?

    Also, there are already PS4 demo stations in many retail stores, have you been living under a rock or just conveniently avoided some recent news?

    And again, for the MILLIONTH TIME, RETAIL UNITS DO NOT RUN UNFINISHED CODE so NO, you will not see retail units, only dev kits/debug consoles. It does not mean retail units are not ready to ship.

    Have you seen "journalist" with retail xbox one? Linky please because the only hands-on I've seen are pre-recorded videos, no live hands-on.. Scratch that, I did see one hands-on of the X1 dashboard live and it was slow as $#@!, unlike the 2 LIVE hands-on of the PS4 UI I've seen.


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  19. Likes Yungstar 2006, mistercrow likes this post
  20. #17
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,189
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    26,616 (0 Banked)
    Very much looks like Windows 8 now. Not bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    None of that makes any sense.

    Not in that video, nor anywhere I've read/watched, has it been said that games will perform better in snap mode.

    Topic:

    This video is on an sdk, and doesn't even represent how the snap feature will work in the consumer environment, not even from a basic sense.

    This is how it will be for the consumer:



    You're welcome.
    To be fair, that consumer video you are showing could very well be a prototype of how it will work on the actual Xbox One (not saying it is.)

  21. #18
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,331 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Very much looks like Windows 8 now. Not bad.



    To be fair, that consumer video you are showing could very well be a prototype of how it will work on the actual Xbox One (not saying it is.)
    I've addressed that twice already.




  22. #19
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,957
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    61,665 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Retail units? Really?
    This footage from one of the tour trucks says XDK...



    Care to explain how a Dev kit is considered RETAIL UNIT now?

    Also, there are already PS4 demo stations in many retail stores, have you been living under a rock or just conveniently avoided some recent news?

    And again, for the MILLIONTH TIME, RETAIL UNITS DO NOT RUN UNFINISHED CODE so NO, you will not see retail units, only dev kits/debug consoles. It does not mean retail units are not ready to ship.

    Have you seen "journalist" with retail xbox one? Linky please because the only hands-on I've seen are pre-recorded videos, no live hands-on.. Scratch that, I did see one hands-on of the X1 dashboard live and it was slow as $#@!, unlike the 2 LIVE hands-on of the PS4 UI I've seen.
    There has been plenty of hands on with retail xbox-one's. Not just debug ones either. Real retail boxes. It still doesn't make sense being so close to launch why there would be any for ps4. Not saying there is a problem. It just seem really odd that the console isn't out there for gamers to get some hands on.

    http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/w...-playstation-4
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-04-2013 at 14:32.

  23. #20
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,189
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    26,616 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I've addressed that twice already.
    ah, missed it...

  24. #21
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,331 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    ah, missed it...
    It's ok lol. I've missed my own replies at times lol.




  25. Likes sainraja likes this post
  26. #22
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,189
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    26,616 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's ok lol. I've missed my own replies at times lol.
    lol, heh, and thanks!

  27. #23
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,421
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    16,234 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    There has been plenty of hands on with retail xbox-one's. Not just debug ones either. Real retail boxes. It still doesn't make sense being so close to launch why there would be any for ps4. Not saying there is a problem. It just seem really odd that the console isn't out there for gamers to get some hands on.

    http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/w...-playstation-4
    So theres been plenty retail box hands on yet you can only provide a link against PS4 that has been debunked in another thread? Where are the plenty hands on? I only ask for ONE!


    Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  28. #24
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,957
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    61,665 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    So theres been plenty retail box hands on yet you can only provide a link against PS4 that has been debunked in another thread? Where are the plenty hands on? I only ask for ONE!


    Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
    What has been debunked? Retail units? I don't think so. If you are referring to the thread about overheating, I didn't say they were. I said that it's odd that there's been no reports of any hands on the retail units. I don't think the heat would be much of a problem with dev kits anyway. I posted that link with that video just to show i wasn't just making that up.

  29. #25
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,331 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I've not seen any retail Xbox One systems but tonight I had hands on with a retail ps4 unit at GameStop.

    There will be a retail unit coming in late this week or early next week.




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.