View Poll Results: What handheld should I get?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • PlayStation Vita

4 57.14%
  • Nintendo 3DS

0 0%
  • Both: One now, One later when you can

3 42.86%
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Need an unbiased opinion, cant choose between handhelds

Lately I've been thinking about getting myself a handheld, but I find myself unable to really choose which one to go for. So, I need PSUs unbiased members to give me there opinion on which to go for. I'm the type of gamer where I want good entertainment per dollar, so I wouldn't buy a Vita just cause remote play might be awesome. Please keep out if your pro-(console), I want people that have played both - and enjoyed them - to give there opinion on which one I should get.

So far my "major wants" for either system is:

VITA:
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    WipEout 2048
    Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Killzone: Mercenary
    Ys: Memories of Celceta

Not sure about Gravity Rush, and though I have PS+ I dont think I'd really play a large portion of the games.

3DS:
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    Fire Emblem Awakening
    Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
    Pokemon X
    Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

I REALLY want the special edition 3DS XL, and Kid Icarus Uprising and Luigi's Manson look like they could be fun.

Based purely on entertainment value, the 3DS is coming out on top - despite being a hundred or so more. Though I dont know if that would be the smart move, I'm even considering buying one of the handhelds now and the other next year since I cant decide. My current money has been saved for a PS4 but some folks have decided to go in and get me it for Christmas, but I'd rather not make a poor decision - I did that with the Wii, and I regretted it for a long time. lol

Note: Wasnt sure where to put this, based on category titles this seems like the best place - Vita would be too pro-Vita, Nintendo would be too pro-3DS. This is the only forum I go to so I dont have any outside place to try and gather opinions.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Forum Sage
    Vita would be my choice. Seems like it may get a boost in games due to the PS4. Also I wouldn't be surprised if there is a new nintendo handheld announced or a price drop at/after E3.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    The 3DS has sooooo many more games and much better support.

But the Vita has a good library too, but not many exclusives. Get the 3DS now and Vita later

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    If in doubt, go with 3ds. I'm thinking of getting both, Vita first for remote play and the plephoria of PS+ titles.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    For me it would be Vita. I guess it might depend on which type of games you like. Personally, I have never been into Nintendo and their more family/child friendly games, but that's just me. Another big reason for me to choose Vita is that I have PS+ and hopefully soon a PS4. I want to be able to use them together and take advantage of the stuff that PS+ brings.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I think I'm going to go preorder the Nintendo 3DS XL Legend of Zelda Bundle. For some reason I've been thinking about Pokemon X and Fire Emblem Awakening a lot this month, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds & Bravely Default: Flying Fairy look really good. I'm surprised I was able to hold off my impulse buying this long, its how I ended up with the Wii that I didn't play long..

I'll most likely get the PlayStation Vita mid-2004, since its starting to seem that some of its games are getting "enhanced" versions or HD remakes put on consoles (AC3: L HD, and Ragnarok Odyssey Ace for instance)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I think you've made a wise choice.

Elite Sage
    I'd say the 3DS. Nintendo are in a league of their own when it comes to handhelds.

Thread Information