Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)

Woodysgamertag: PS4 is more powerful. You can tell the difference between PS4 and XB1

Who is Woodysgamertag? One of the most popular YouTube gamers, if not THE most popular one. He gets invited to early access events by EA/Activision and has already played the next gen consoles.

The guy quit his 6 figure job because he was making more money off youtube videos lol.

Oh.... and he has always shown a strong preference for 360. So to hear him admitting that PS4 is indeed the stronger console, and that you can tell the difference between PS4 and XB1 says a lot. It seems like a lot of former 360 players are moving to PS4 now.

Apprentice

That's awesome can't wait

3. Likes INFAMOUS8 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Desperate Microsoft is a evil Microsoft, I hope they don't make this a painful generation. -_-"

Generation: PS Wii 4 U.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

5. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I hate that guy, he is more fake than silicon tits. He is an Xbox fanboy so I bet this hurt him having to admit the PS4 is more powerful.

7. Likes A7MAD likes this post
    Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I hate that guy, he is more fake than silicon tits. He is an Xbox fanboy so I bet this hurt him having to admit the PS4 is more powerful.
    You could hear the disappointment in his voice.

At least he is honest enough to admit PS4 is stronger though.

9. Likes EHY893 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    He was honest that's what was important. most of the media are still trying to confuse people & make them think that the systems are almost equal & that the advantage that the PS4 has isn't going to make much difference.

11. Likes D3seeker likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Good to hear the PS4 is slightly more powerful than the Xbox One, can only mean good thinks in the long run!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Yep the cat is out of the bag. Some bigger "so-called" gaming sites still ignoring straight the fact that the PS4 is indeed more powerful then Xbone. Still trying to convict their readers that both systems are equal. But there are not. Only 3 weeks to go and the truth will be visible for all mankind.

14. Likes Malt likes this post
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    Yep the cat is out of the bag. Some bigger "so-called" gaming sites still ignoring straight the fact that the PS4 is indeed more powerful then Xbone. Still trying to convict their readers that both systems are equal. But there are not. Only 3 weeks to go and the truth will be visible for all mankind.
    I would't put all my money on one horse solely on performance specs and launch eye candy. The Vita is way more powerful than the DS. Both 360 and PS3 were not only more powerful than Wii, but also digital HD instead of analog SD.

I'm not sure why it matters so much to a lot of people who "wins" anyway. If the console you bought gets a lot of good games, doesn't lose multi-platform support, has a fair number of highlight exclusives, why do you care how the other console fares so long as it doesn't put your preferred console manufacturer out of the games business? (Same goes for XOne diehards. Why do they care if PS4 does well for Sony, so long as XOne does well for Microsoft, too?)

Remember, there really was no contest last generation. Wii won by a landslide. You still banging out the hours on Wii Sports Resort?

16. Likes Admartian , F34R likes this post
    Elite Sage
    These days it seems to be more than "slighty" more powerful.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

18. Likes INFAMOUS8 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    These days it seems to be more than "slighty" more powerful.
    The performance gap will only widen with time and will peak at the end of their lifecycles.
    Your sig is too friggin' big. Please change it. ~ PSU Staff

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I think the gap with be substantial.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I think it's pretty much already known that at their current state, the PS4 is showing more promise than the One is. Let's revisit this in six months, a year, etc., and see if Microsoft has been able to narrow the gap, or get rid of that gap. I think the gap will widen though.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I think it's pretty much already known that at their current state, the PS4 is showing more promise than the One is. Let's revisit this in six months, a year, etc., and see if Microsoft has been able to narrow the gap, or get rid of that gap. I think the gap will widen though.
    Agreed. PS3 developers narrowed the gap with Xbox 360 but the PS3 always had more performance power to tap, it was just a lot of learning and practice to tap it. XOne developers will have a rougher time climbing a hill rather than picking up speed rolling down a hill. But I wouldn't count them out. I used to work in both the games and graphics software industries, more in project management with public image concerns than engineering -- really what I did was PR, we just didn't call it PR -- but I worked closely with the principal software engineers and system designers. A lot of those men and women, the less you gave them to work with in minimum specs, the more they took it as a challenge, the more power they squeezed out of those lower end machines. The high-end graphics packages that only ran on monster workstations, anyway, a lot of the engineers got lazy and less creative with their code.

Anyway, I'm substantially pleased to see PS4 coming out of the gate so strong. I've always loved my PS3 and its games and I didn't want Sony to turn a marketing stumble last gen into a life-threatening fall down a flight stairs this gen. The danger, though, is public opinion handing Sony the crown almost solely on performance specs. That's not guaranteed to make Sony cavalier about game quality and innovation but it reasonably runs the risk.

I'm still looking forward to our launch XOne, too, though. I want to play Ryse and Dead Rising 3, and later Titanfall. Just as much as I want to play KZ SF and Knack, and later Second Son. I've been spending too much time on these forums, I think. It's getting under my skin. I'm all for countdown hype, and the 720p jokes are funny enough, but ultimately it doesn't matter much. I'm getting COD Ghosts for PS4 because I can play it first on PS4, not because it runs at 1080p. These are things that are very hard if not impossible to tell much difference while actually playing the games. They're what you can tell a difference running both systems side-by-side watching somebody else play the games. If I set up our PS4 and our XOne side-by-side with two identical TVs and I buy two copies of COD Ghosts, a copy for each platform, and I have one son play on the XOne and the other son play on the PS4 while I stand there trying to tell which version of the games looks better and by how much does it look better, well, somebody needs to pack me off to a comfortable institution for a nice, long rest and a handful of rainbow-colored pills every bedtime.

23. Likes billm0066, Admartian likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    I'm not sure why it matters so much to a lot of people who "wins" anyway. If the console you bought gets a lot of good games, doesn't lose multi-platform support, has a fair number of highlight exclusives, why do you care how the other console fares so long as it doesn't put your preferred console manufacturer out of the games business?
    Because your console can get even MORE of those things the better it sells.

Look at Resident Evil 4 as an example. That game was supposed to be a GameCube exclusive. The creator even said he would cut off his hand if it left the GameCube. But since the PS2 simply couldn't be ignored, it ended up being ported.

The more your console sells, the less games you'll miss out on. Plus, more of your friends will own the system, which is important due to the interconnectedness of today's consoles.

Praetor Illuminatus
    The challenge in optimizing PS4 performance will be in utilizing GPUCompute and hUMA. The challenges in optimizing performance in the XBox will be maximizing bandwidth usage by utilizing the ESRam and also in utilizing the cloud for whatever the heck it is good for.

One has very real practical applications when it comes to designing your game for the PC market as well as consoles, the other seems a lot more tailored for a closed system with a unique and constricted architecture. I shudder to think what will haven to the XBox One if it sells very slowly. If there's simply not a big enough carrot on a stick for game developers to utilize it, then it will be full bore on PS4 porting. The Xbox will likely never catch up once that happens.

That is, IF it was even possible for it to in the first place, which all indications seem to be pointing to it not.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Because your console can get even MORE of those things the better it sells.

Look at Resident Evil 4 as an example. That game was supposed to be a GameCube exclusive. The creator even said he would cut off his hand if it left the GameCube. But since the PS2 simply couldn't be ignored, it ended up being ported.

The more your console sells, the less games you'll miss out on. Plus, more of your friends will own the system, which is important due to the interconnectedness of today's consoles.
    But we're not talking about an unmitigated disaster. Neither XOne nor PS4 will come out an Atari Jaguar. I think right now it's simpler than the reason you define. I think it's that people in general are extremely attached to their purchase choices and having the sense they made the "right" choice. PS4 people are all talking specs. XOne people are all talking game quality over specs. Right now, pre-launch, neither argument can be faulted. We can speculate on the potential flaws in those arguments, but we can't yet tell what points will trip up the consoles performance in the markets.

It's iPhone or Android. Before that it was Mac or Windows. Before that it was Ford or Chevy. In free-market consumerist societies we often define ourselves most by what we choose to buy and then we defend our choices as if our whole identities will crumble if our purchase choice performs poorly, or just less well, in its market. There's room in a still-growing games market for WiiU, XOne and PS4. Some people will buy a couple, some all three, some just one. None of them need be objectively "better" than the others. Each one can play to its particular strengths. If that's how consumers presented their expectations to the manufacturers and developers, we'd get better, more diverse games. The vendors are going to play to the consumers' expectations for quality and tolerance for limitations. I think that's how we wound up with the quickly snatched back XOne DRM scheme. MS got such a head full of their own smoke they told themselves, We can shove anything we want down our 360 diehards' throats. Flip the last gen in the HD console market and Sony would have likely tried the exact same thing. The more open, gamer- and developer-friendly PS4 is a direct result of a very rough start for PS3.

We complain about what companies do to us but to a great degree we are telling them very clearly what we'll let them do to us.
    Last edited by sanfordmay; 11-04-2013 at 14:54.

27. Likes Admartian , Ghost , F34R , VayMasters86 likes this post
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor Illuminatus View Post
    That is, IF it was even possible for it to in the first place, which all indications seem to be pointing to it not.
    We put men on the moon by sticking them in a tinfoil capsule and lighting a can of kerosene under them and they got back in one piece. I think it's a little early this console generation to determine how one platform will ultimately perform versus the other.

29. Likes F34R likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    The tide is turning.

The install base in the first 2 year period is crucial because that's when the "lead platform" is selected by third party devs for the next 5 years.

Right now the devs are optimising for the power of both systems because it's a clean slate, but when there is a clear difference in the numbers, things will change, Devs may only put the effort in for the one that is most profitable. So if PS4 is at 60% or 70%, we wont have to suffer lowest common denominator curse of this gen, Where Devs did not bother optimising games for the CELL.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    But we're not talking about an unmitigated disaster. Neither XOne nor PS4 will come out an Atari Jaguar. I think right now it's simpler than the reason you define. I think it's that people in general are extremely attached to their purchase choices and having the sense they made the "right" choice. PS4 people are all talking specs. XOne people are all talking game quality over specs. Right now, pre-launch, neither argument can be faulted. We can speculate on the potential flaws in those arguments, but we can't yet tell what points will trip up the consoles performance in the markets.

It's iPhone or Android. Before that it was Mac or Windows. Before that it was Ford or Chevy. In free-market consumerist societies we often define ourselves most by what we choose to buy and then we defend our choices as if our whole identities will crumble if our purchase choice performs poorly, or just less well, in its market. There's room in a still-growing games market for WiiU, XOne and PS4. Some people will buy a couple, some all three, some just one. None of them need be objectively "better" than the others. Each one can play to its particular strengths. If that's how consumers presented their expectations to the manufacturers and developers, we'd get better, more diverse games. The vendors are going to play to the consumers' expectations for quality and tolerance for limitations. I think that's how we wound up with the quickly snatched back XOne DRM scheme. MS got such a head full of their own smoke they told themselves, We can shove anything we want down our 360 diehards' throats. Flip the last gen in the HD console market and Sony would have likely tried the exact same thing. The more open, gamer- and developer-friendly PS4 is a direct result of a very rough start for PS3.

We complain about what companies do to us but to a great degree we are telling them very clearly what we'll let them do to us.
    We put men on the moon by sticking them in a tinfoil capsule and lighting a can of kerosene under them and they got back in one piece. I think it's a little early this console generation to determine how one platform will ultimately perform versus the other.
    Posts of the year!

Praetor Illuminatus
    But we're not talking about an unmitigated disaster. Neither XOne nor PS4 will come out an Atari Jaguar. I think right now it's simpler than the reason you define. I think it's that people in general are extremely attached to their purchase choices and having the sense they made the "right" choice. PS4 people are all talking specs. XOne people are all talking game quality over specs.
    Dude, they are hyping Ryse: Son of Genji, Killer Instinct: Pay to Unlock or Else and Forza5: Forza 2013 Rehash Edition+ GhostCar Turbo Jaggie Hyper. WHAT quality??

33. Likes Shibby likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The gap will widen. Sony has over a dozen studios who all share their knowledge and expertise so when Naughty Dog comes up with some bat$#@! crazy new kung fu, all first party will know about it etc. XB1 will make improvements and will shift up a bit from where it is now but you can't do too much about those physical limitations.

lol @ Turbo Jaggie Hyper

Did anyone actually fall for "ESRAM" and "CLOUD" ? I cant imagine what the lags going to be like if they ever use the cloud for anything more than keeping your gollem role playing character roaming middle earth while your asleep , or as it seems they are already planning to keep your driver racing while your not playing ......... load of rubbish.

36. Likes thanatos144, INFAMOUS8, VayMasters86 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I think it's that people in general are extremely attached to their purchase choices and having the sense they made the "right" choice.
    More sales = more games on the system and more friends to play with.

There are still actual benefits to higher sales, even though your point about feeling superior is true as well.

Veteran
    Well everybody has to come clean now regardless of how they feel because it's pretty much obvious as soon as one lays eyes on both and compares them, even the guys behind COD Ghosts tried to put it in pretty words when explaining why it runs at 720p on XBone and 1080p on PS4.

Thread Information