Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank

COD Ghosts PS3 Or Wait For PS4

Any of you also getting a launch PS4 and Ghosts want to tell me what you're doing on this one, buy PS3 now or wait it out 10 days (in the States)? The $10 upgrade premium doesn't bother me. The only thing I'm thinking that bothers me is giving over the 50GB or so on my PS4 for the digital version of the game. Except for as long as I play it on PS4 I'm going to do the optional full game data install and then delete the game data after I stop playing it. With the PS4 upgrade code digital copy I can just delete that, too, and redownload it from PSN if I ever decide to start playing it again. The upside is while my sons can't play PS3 Ghosts on their PS3 while I'm playing PS4 Ghosts, since I need the PS3 disc for authentication, they can still play the PS3 disc if I'm playing something else on PS4.

I know this seems simple and I'm overthinking it but I've got a lot going on at the moment and frankly just can't think straight on the best decision. I could use the entertaining distraction right now but on the other hand not to the point it's wiser to wait 10 days and get the PS4 disc version of the game.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    I plan on renting Ghosts. Not the exact situation you described but here's my take:

If you are definitely getting a PS4 come November 15th, you might as well just buy the PS4 version. Considering it's only 10 days away from release. If you're gonna hold out on the PS4 for a while, then I'd say buy the PS3 and then upgrade for $10. That is, if you're that pressed to play it. I don't know how many games you plan on buying digitally, but I don't think it'll be that big of a problem IMO.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Thanks. Yeah I'm preordered so I'll have the PS4 the 15th. It's 10 days. I'll wait. Honestly I'm busy and I'd probably get maybe 10 hours into it in 10 days and then I'd wonder why in the world I didn't just wait.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I just bit the bullet and ordered it on PS4, should be with me today according to Amazon, we shall see..............
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    getting it now, which I did, and will upgrade to the next gen version for $10 when it is out. Win Win.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    getting it now, which I did, and will upgrade to the next gen version for $10 when it is out. Win Win.
    I agree that's win win at $10, but I've decided I don't have time at the moment. Or, what I mean, I shouldn't use the time that way for a couple weeks or so, and having the PS3 version of Ghosts sitting there, I will play it instead of do the work I need to do.

dont you pay for PS+ on the PS4 and its free on PS3. im waiting for the PS4 regardless

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDon187 View Post
    dont you pay for PS+ on the PS4 and its free on PS3. im waiting for the PS4 regardless
    PS+ is required for online multiplayer over PSN on PS4. But it's not required for PS3. That's correct. Most other stuff I figured would be behind the pay-wall -- in-game sharing, etc. -- doesn't require a PS+ subscription on PS4. I figured Sony wouldn't shove Netflix and the like behind the pay-wall, like Xbox Live, but I'm actually kind of surprised how many PSN-based features on PS4 do not require PS+. It seems like it's set up if you don't want the peripheral features of PS+ like the games library and cloud save storage, and you never play online multiplayer, PS+ is just as optional as it's always been.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    rented today for my xbox 360, am buying only KZ for my ps4, renting everything else that isnt a exclusive.....the games are 50 each?! $#@! that

Huh???
    Last edited by 33x; 11-05-2013 at 15:23.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Huh???
    If you buy the disc based version for current gen, you can upgrade to next gen version for a tenna...somethin like that. Have read so much $#@! lately i have forgotten the exact details. Something like that anyways...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Huh???
    http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/16...-games-cheaply

Still feeling left out on the Xbox 360? Buck up, GameStop has got you covered. If you’re a member of the PowerUp Rewards program, you can trade in Call of Duty: Ghosts, Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, and Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag for $50 worth of in-store credit. It’s not quite as slick as Sony’s setup, but that is much better than what GameStop usually offers for trade-ins. If you don’t plan on playing on your Xbox 360 after the next-gen launch, this is a completely acceptable upgrade path.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    If you buy the disc based version for current gen, you can upgrade to next gen version for a tenna...somethin like that. Have read so much $#@! lately i have forgotten the exact details. Something like that anyways...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Really?! how the heck does that work exactly?!

Oh, its an American thing......
    Last edited by 33x; 11-05-2013 at 15:33.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    I caved and just bought the PS3 version while my wife and I were grocery shopping, and will upgrade to next gen for the measly $10. Like your son, my sons play, too, and they can still play the disc copy on their PS3 when I'm hogging the PS4 playing another game. I'm leaving the PS4 sealed in the box until they get home from school next Friday so we can do a big father/son unboxing and setup event launch day evening. I figure for such infinite patience I'll have banked some Killzone SF PS4 hogging time. I hope they see it that way. There are two of them. If they coordinate their efforts I'm sure they can surprise me and shove me in the closet and barricade the door. Gee I hope they don't read the PSU forums .

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Kotick already announced another CoD game in 2014. I'm going to skip CoD: Ghosts because from what I've been hearing, this engine isn't even optimized for Xbox One, PS4, or the PC.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    Kotick already announced another CoD game in 2014. I'm going to skip CoD: Ghosts because from what I've been hearing, this engine isn't even optimized for Xbox One, PS4, or the PC.
    Why am I not surprised?

I'll rent this game. After all the crap I've seen/heard...not worth $60.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    I caved and just bought the PS3 version while my wife and I were grocery shopping, and will upgrade to next gen for the measly $10. Like your son, my sons play, too, and they can still play the disc copy on their PS3 when I'm hogging the PS4 playing another game. I'm leaving the PS4 sealed in the box until they get home from school next Friday so we can do a big father/son unboxing and setup event launch day evening. I figure for such infinite patience I'll have banked some Killzone SF PS4 hogging time. I hope they see it that way. There are two of them. If they coordinate their efforts I'm sure they can surprise me and shove me in the closet and barricade the door. Gee I hope they don't read the PSU forums .
    Great choice!

Ultimate Veteran
    I got cod ghosts for ps4 yesterday get it for ps4

Thread Information