Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    holy $#@! does that mean that the ps4 i pre-ordered from amazon is just a dev kit? cool i can still play games on it
    Nope. PS4 has no games. lol

I made sure to check for any hot areas on the PS4 when I played it at the Sony store, as it probably had been on all morning and afternoon. There was none, AT ALL. No AC was on in the store and there weren't any fans or anything like that on in the store, as it's pretty cool evenings in California right now. It was as if the thing had just been cut on, temperature wise lol

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by siulimtao108 View Post
    I made sure to check for any hot areas on the PS4 when I played it at the Sony store, as it probably had been on all morning and afternoon. There was none, AT ALL. No AC was on in the store and there weren't any fans or anything like that on in the store, as it's pretty cool evenings in California right now. It was as if the thing had just been cut on, temperature wise lol
    Lies!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Well mynd there you go it looks like your hopes have come true and the rumors were false

5. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    But....what about that HDCP restriction? Journos will not be able to review ps4 titles

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    He gives the Welsh a bad name.
    On behalf of my fellow Welshmen and for the shame this idiot has brought on one of the most ancient and oldest cultures in Western Europe, I can only say: Mae'n ddrwg gen i..

8. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Why should Sony send him a review console when he isn't even a reviewer? He gives the Welsh a bad name.
    That expectation of free advance or launch retail and debug consoles was created entirely by Microsoft. I swear when they launched the first Xbox they gave one to anyone who was breathing. When 360 launched, they cut back, gave one to anybody who could breathe AND stand. It's a valid marketing strategy. Put the product in the hands of people who will directly or indirectly influence sales and engender fealty by letting them keep that product as their own. But Sony has never much marketed that way, not in their games business, and especially for PS4 it's not a good idea. They've come out of the announcement and preorder period like a freight train. They're playing details of the OS and other fine-grained bits close to the vest, slowly releasing limited information. Reasonably, I think. Showing off the whole OS, for example, might win over even more potential console buyers. Or it might disappoint, even turn away, people already committed to PS4. The conservative approach is to keep who you've got, tightly constrain further information that may help, may hurt, or may have no substantial influence at all. You can't keep the lid on anything if you're handing them out on street corners to everyone calls themselves games press or games industry or once one had lunch with a pal in the Activision cafeteria.
    Last edited by sanfordmay; 11-05-2013 at 12:32.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by siulimtao108 View Post
    Did you also notice that it didn't have a power cord or HDMI cable coming out of the back What was physically accessible in the Sony store was only a shell.

I'm not saying they're going to run hot, I've said the exact opposite of this on more than one occasions, just saying that your example doesn't hold water.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    That expectation of free advance or launch retail and debug consoles was created entirely by Microsoft. I swear when they launched the first Xbox they gave one to anyone who was breathing. When 360 launched, they cut back, gave one to anybody who could breathe AND stand. It's a valid marketing strategy. Put the product in the hands of people who will directly or indirectly influence sales and engender fealty by letting them keep that product as their own. But Sony has never much marketed that way, not in their games business, and especially for PS4 it's not a good idea. They've come out of the announcement and preorder period like a freight train. They're playing details of the OS and other fine-grained bits close to the vest, slowly releasing limited information. Reasonably, I think. Showing off the whole OS, for example, might win over even more potential console buyers. Or it might disappoint, even turn away, people already committed to PS4. The conservative approach is to keep who you've got, tightly constrain further information that may help, may hurt, or may have no substantial influence at all. You can't keep the lid on anything if you're handing them out on street corners to everyone calls themselves games press or games industry or once one had lunch with a pal in the Activision cafeteria.
    Are you insinuating Sony are trying to hide something? Your post history has a bit of a running theme.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Are you insinuating Sony are trying to hide something? Your post history has a bit of a running theme.
    No it's not been the intent of my posts to imply Sony is hiding some perilous flaw. I'm saying Sony has the stronger position having only said what they've said, releasing what they've released. Every bit of information released, every product preview given to press, is a PR risk assessment. There's a point in the spin interval leading up to a product launch when you determine you've done well enough, spectacularly even, you just, for the most part, shut up. You don't want to announce anything further too far out if you're not sure it will significantly increase positive public perception because there's always the risk any announcement will be perceived negatively. Perceived negatively even if ultimately it's irrelevant or even positive. Sony is already in such a good position it'd be a reckless PR decision to try too hard to improve that position. I'm sure Sony PR isn't thrilled about the frame rate stability thing with COD Ghosts, even though that's on the game's developer. I bet they'd rather those reviews not been published. But they sent those press outlets PS4s and it would be messy trying to press embargo reviews of somebody else's game. There's that risk thing. It was a risk sending out PS4s in time to review third-party launch titles this far from launch. Titles over which Sony had the most trivial development control. They took the risk. In some cases, some reviews, it didn't pay off. It's not a substantial ding but it's a ding.

Anyway, I'm not sure how you've decided I'm anti-PS4. I preordered both consoles, but the PS4 was always a given and the XOne I only decided to preorder after they yanked all the DRM nonsense.

Finally, again, I'm not implying Sony is hiding something. I'll flat state they're hiding something. Everybody always hides SOMETHING. How much, if it at all, the things they are hiding will really matter, I have no idea. But you bet they're hiding something.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmus View Post
    Not that I believed those reports but the good news just keeps pouring in

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    No it's not been the intent of my posts to imply Sony is hiding some perilous flaw. I'm saying Sony has the stronger position having only said what they've said, releasing what they've released. Every bit of information released, every product preview given to press, is a PR risk assessment. There's a point in the spin interval leading up to a product launch when you determine you've done well enough, spectacularly even, you just, for the most part, shut up. You don't want to announce anything further too far out if you're not sure it will significantly increase positive public perception because there's always the risk any announcement will be perceived negatively. Perceived negatively even if ultimately it's irrelevant or even positive. Sony is already in such a good position it'd be a reckless PR decision to try too hard to improve that position. I'm sure Sony PR isn't thrilled about the frame rate stability thing with COD Ghosts, even though that's on the game's developer. I bet they'd rather those reviews not been published. But they sent those press outlets PS4s and it would be messy trying to press embargo reviews of somebody else's game. There's that risk thing. It was a risk sending out PS4s in time to review third-party launch titles this far from launch. Titles over which Sony had the most trivial development control. They took the risk. In some cases, some reviews, it didn't pay off. It's not a substantial ding but it's a ding.

Anyway, I'm not sure how you've decided I'm anti-PS4. I preordered both consoles, but the PS4 was always a given and the XOne I only decided to preorder after they yanked all the DRM nonsense.

Finally, again, I'm not implying Sony is hiding something. I'll flat state they're hiding something. Everybody always hides SOMETHING. How much, if it at all, the things they are hiding will really matter, I have no idea. But you bet they're hiding something.
    Do you sell cars for a living?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Do you sell cars for a living?
    No, nothing of the sort. What made you think so?

Dedicated Member
    It's great to hear none of the systems had issue.
    Hopefully that means anyone who buys either new machine can be content with the quality of their purchase.

We mostly shoot off about bang for buck around here and the ways we will prefer to both play and be treated by our platform / content creators. This is where most of our fervent discussion comes from. I'm not big on the top vent design of the XBO due to what can happen there IF something were to be spilled upon it (it doesn't have a fighting chance), but at least it and the PS4 both have apparently survived a very grueling tournament environment on unrefined launch day hardware, which is great!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    It's great to hear none of the systems had issue. Hopefully that means anyone who buys either new machine can be content with the quality of their purchase. We mostly shoot off about bang for buck around here and the ways we will prefer to both play and be treated by our platform / content creators. This is where most of our fervent discussion comes from. I'm not big on the top vent design of the XBO due to what can happen there IF something were to be spilled upon it (it doesn't have a fighting chance), but at least it and the PS4 both have apparently survived a very grueling tournament environment on unrefined launch day hardware, which is great!
    Imagine some kids big gulp getting spilled on top of an Xbone. lol

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    No, nothing of the sort. What made you think so?
    Just how you answer things

19. Likes BrosephFTW likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Imagine some kids big gulp getting spilled on top of an Xbone. lol
    You know i've been posting those kinds of things since I first saw it. Scary. Also, open windows on a windy rainy day? other stuff. Not everyone puts these things in hermetically sealed environments or clean home theater environs.

I have a theory we will see people freak and or post videos of their XBO's blowing out layers of dust when they turn them on for people who just don't clean that often. the 45' angle vents can only help so much. BTW, what is that a 140mm case fan ontop of that processor's heat PLATE! ? I wonder if it creates tornados!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    You know i've been posting those kinds of things since I first saw it. Scary. Also, open windows on a windy rainy day? other stuff. Not everyone puts these things in hermetically sealed environments or clean home theater environs. I have a theory we will see people freak and or post videos of their XBO's blowing out layers of dust when they turn them on for people who just don't clean that often. the 45' angle vents can only help so much. BTW, what is that a 140mm case fan ontop of that processor's heat PLATE! ? I wonder if it creates tornados!
    Yeah I saw that fan and its huge. Could create anything up to an F5 magnitude depending on the fan speed. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-05-2013 at 21:09.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Just how you answer things
    Like, hey buddy, take a look at this PS4, purrs like a kitten, cold-blowing AC, owned by a little old lady only drove it to church and back once a week? How do car salesmen answer things? Honestly I never really listen to the salesmen when we buy new cars. I just keep repeating what I want over and over again until I get something close enough I can tolerate it. There's usually also something about, "Well, my sales manager says that's against dealership policy but to move this particular vehicle off the lot today I can do that for you THIS ONE TIME..."

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style

Don't know where you got that impression, I'm just gifted at spotting patterns.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Don't know where you got that impression, I'm just gifted at spotting patterns.
    Houndstooth. My pattern is houndstooth.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    I scares me to think how much money Microsoft is going to be giving out just to **** with SONY's smooth sailing to 100+million consoles.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    I scares me to think how much money Microsoft is going to be giving out just to **** with SONY's smooth sailing to 100+million consoles.
    Huh? Where do you come up with stuff like that?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Huh? Where do you come up with stuff like that?
    Because it is standard procedure for Microsoft.

Praetor Illuminatus
    Why does the OP not have a link to the article?

Thread Information