Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Here is the final result for the forum sections/tree:

I like that better actually. Do that.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    F34R has created a rival forum! He's gone full Dave!
    Lol. I turned off member registration.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    If you want a Neogaf experience, go to neogaf. This is PSU, the do what they want. It's worked for several years so there isn't really a reason to change.

Worked fine for the PS3 sections, why raise an issue now?
    No one is making it an issue. You know, it was just a suggestion.

Having a sub-forum within PS3/PS4 for Games or Hardware is a bit more streamlined and still keeps discussion in their specific area. The main forum is for any discussion that wouldn't fit in those.
    Last edited by sainraja; 11-05-2013 at 15:35.

4. Likes INFAMOUS8 likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

I personally quite like that, though we might have to change PS Vita and PSN to PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Network...because it drives me crazy seeing these smaller forum titles .

/OCD urges

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Yeah all the categories section names, etc were just there for the lulz and placeholder.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    The only problem is that 'PS3 Games' has been our most popular section for years now, and so 'PS4 Games' will likely become our most popular section next year.

So I don't know if it makes sense to make them sub-forums. Although the layout definitely looks cleaner and more succinct that way.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I much prefer what we have now, making '(console) games' subforums just seems like change for the sake of change to me

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I like it but shouldn't we likely change it to the games sections are the main and the systems are sub? The PS3 games section remained much more popular than the system thread over time. I'm sure for the first couple months with new info coming out of all be booming but after that, it's going to be all about games.

I just think rolling them into one could become a bit of a mess. With games being in sub sections most members that don't post a lot of threads are just going to post on the PS4 section regardless of it's about games or not. Just my opinion, we shouldn't change it. I do like the work though F34R.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

10. Likes F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Overall I like the way it is now. I'm not against the way I put it together in the mock up, but for the site traffic I think the current way is better.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    That's cool! I'm all for exploring possibilities even if we don't implement them. If you guys are happy with what we have now then let sleeping dogs lie. Thanks again for the mock up F34R.

Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    I think they're just afraid of change.

Less sub forums = more views and discussion for each thread.

Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    Sorry for the double post Ghost, but one more thing I wanted to add....

A lot of threads are not JUST about a game or the hardware. Many threads are about BOTH the hardware and a game.

For example, a thread linking to an interview with the Killzone producer. He talks about Shadowfall and the development experience on PS4 hardware. This could really go in either forum, and if I don't check both forums I could miss out on the thread.

I think it would be better to have one PS4 forum for everything related to PS4.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    change is bad mmmmkay

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Quote Originally Posted by INFAMOUS8 View Post
    Sorry for the double post Ghost, but one more thing I wanted to add....

A lot of threads are not JUST about a game or the hardware. Many threads are about BOTH the hardware and a game.

For example, a thread linking to an interview with the Killzone producer. He talks about Shadowfall and the development experience on PS4 hardware. This could really go in either forum, and if I don't check both forums I could miss out on the thread.

I think it would be better to have one PS4 forum for everything related to PS4.
    those kinds of posts dont really show up that often, and even when they do, theyre not talking about the game, then developing on PS4, theyre talking about the game, and how the game was developed on PS4, still primarily game related. I understand what youre trying to do, and thats fine, but its not that hard to look at 2 different sections. its what... 3 clicks of a mouse?

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by INFAMOUS8 View Post
    I think they're just afraid of change.

Less sub forums = more views and discussion for each thread.
    No it doesn't equal that. This isn't gaf where you have so many people on, they don't really care about community. This is a community oriented site. It's easier to navigate to categories you are interested in, rather than having to try and find it all in one section. They've tried to do it before, and it wasn't good.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I like it but shouldn't we likely change it to the games sections are the main and the systems are sub? The PS3 games section remained much more popular than the system thread over time. I'm sure for the first couple months with new info coming out of all be booming but after that, it's going to be all about games.

I just think rolling them into one could become a bit of a mess. With games being in sub sections most members that don't post a lot of threads are just going to post on the PS4 section regardless of it's about games or not. Just my opinion, we shouldn't change it. I do like the work though F34R.
    That's a good point.

We seem to have a good reason to separate them and I guess if it's working then no reason to change.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    I personally think it's better to merge... But then again I only pretty much use the "New Post" button to see what's new.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Here is it updated with the games section above the system part.

Forum Sage
    I worked on a concept of what I think would work a lot better (would require more work to implement.)

PSU Concept

So it works like a filter and by clicking on a forum name in the filter you will see all associated posts within that forum.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

Please Merge PS4 and PS4 Games Forums

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I worked on a concept of what I think would work a lot better (would require more work to implement.)

PSU Concept

So it works like a filter and by clicking on a forum name in the filter you will see all associated posts within that forum.
    We won't be doing any drastic UI changes for a while. I do enjoy simplicity, though.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    We won't be doing any drastic UI changes for a while. I do enjoy simplicity, though.
    Yeah, I kinda figured. I visit another forum that does what I've illustrated and I'm a big fan of it. It would be awesome if we could have that here.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Yeah, I kinda figured. I visit another forum that does what I've illustrated and I'm a big fan of it. It would be awesome if we could have that here.
    The few I've been to, gaming wise, with that kinda of structure, I've moved on from them.

Forum Sage
    The few I've been to, gaming wise, with that kinda of structure, I've moved on from them.
    I would assume community / content would be more of a reason to move on from a forum.

I stick here because of community / content. Otherwise, I would have moved on. I am kidding (little bit -- I wouldn't leave a forum over stuff like layout as long as the community/content is good.)

Regardless, I still prefer that over the way we have it here. You seem to be a fan of the traditional forum set-up.
    Last edited by sainraja; 11-07-2013 at 05:15.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    There'll be lots of goodies in the future... but we really do appreciate any and all feedback regarding the forums. The community is what made this place what it is... and it's the community that is the heart of PSU. So we're always here with open ears (well... eyes, technically).
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

27. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Overseer

How dare you..."mock" ...PSU forums!?

I'll be here all week folks.

Thread Information