Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Anyone think GTA IV had a better story than GTA V?

Just my opinion, but Niko Bellic's story is more compelling, Dimitri Rascalov is a more memorable antagonist than Devin Weston, as well as supporting characters like Brucie, Packie or Dwayne compared to Jimmy, Lamar or Lester. GTA V has more to do and overall controls better which makes it more fun to play but if we're talking about the story, I feel that Rockstar did better with GTA IV.

2. Likes -Dj- likes this post
    I just didnt feel the game like I did with GTAIV.

I honestly havent touched it in a week and have no intentions to. I enjoyed some of the characters like Trevor but still like Nikko better and the story of IV.

It might be my excitement for the next gen also that overshadowed the game plus the first half of this semester of college has been brutal.

Ill give it another go eventually.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Nah, I like GTA V's story more. Of course, GTA IV had a decent story, but GTA V had the element of Trevor, which made Michael's and Franklin's life much more interesting. And if GTA V seems like it could do better on story, it's because there could have been a lot more story missions. I heard that people complained about so many missions in GTA IV. I want to slap those people. It wasn't the story that was boring for GTA IV. It's after you finish it, when it becomes boring. The activities are boring and it's all city. Hardly any interactivity to it other than TV and Internet. GTA V is back to the GTA I like, where I make millions, not 600k. I think Nico Bellic was a great character, but Trevor is much better because he's so $#@!ed up and you wanna know why he is the way he is and there was some amazing moments with him in GTA V. Great voice acting.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Both stories were good, but to be honest, none were that interesting. It feels like rockstar tries making the story so complicated that it becoes boring after a while. I could come up with a better story if i worked in rocstar, and had a dozen or more people help me come up with it.

Im not saying the stories were bad, but i always expect better from rockstar

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I honestly couldn't stand half the characters in IV, especially Niko, and the premise of the story was dumb. Niko comes to America to leave it all behind and live the American dream, but instead he just kills people and hunts after people from his "old life".

V's story wasn't that much better, but it at least made sense. Plus the characters weren't kindling for a giant raging fire of annoyance.

Unbound Mercenary
    I never really felt all that interested in IV storyline. Kinda just, "Do this, and do that" kinda thing.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    I never really felt all that interested in IV storyline. Kinda just, "Do this, and do that" kinda thing.
    exactly my thoughts, V at least have trevor.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    GTA V story all the way, the rags to riches has been down to death

Were is GTAV is betrayal and riches
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information