Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This is what happens when games are rushed.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

2. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    The game is running on the same engine from last generation, what does everyone expect? And we're talking about a developer that churns out titles with minimal upgrades year to year. I had zero expectations that this game was going to be all that impressive to be honest. BF4 at least made some changes to their engine. But this COD engine is like 6+ years old already.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    Nevertheless I will give COD a chance. I haven't bought a single COD game before and I am a big BF fanboy.

For the first year of PS4 generation I will have 3 shooters (bf, kz and cod). That's more than enough. And I don't think I will be getting anything else.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Funny how there's only One version of the game that is still under embargo. Funny how there is "no discernable difference for normal people between 720p-1080p" but 5-10 fps frame drop is a huge issue! IF framerate drops as well on x1 720p then we will only have confirmation that COD devs are the crappiest/laziest $#@!tards in the gaming industry!

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Administrator
    I'm going to go with lazy.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

Call of Duty Ghosts ps4 reviews point technical frame rate issues

Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Funny how there's only One version of the game that is still under embargo.

Why is it funny that the XBO version is still under embargo?
    Funny how there is "no discernable difference for normal people between 720p-1080p" but 5-10 fps frame drop is a huge issue! IF framerate drops as well on x1 720p then we will only have confirmation that COD devs are the crappiest/laziest $#@!tards in the gaming industry!

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
    I have no idea if there is a discernible difference in this game, but as I said earlier, when a company staples it left testicle to the 60fps pillar, as IW has repeatedly told us, you best keep up the with pillar, least you get your nuts ripped off.
    Peddling the same $#@!ty engine is NOT acceptable when you take in more money than any other game franchise.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-06-2013 at 06:48.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style

9. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    The frame rate issues have been confirmed on the PC also. It is the game. Actually, it sounds like it is better on the console, there are all kinds of nasty crashes happening with the PC version and multiple other problems. The game itself is a wash, and if the rabid fan base would stop buying it if it gets worse, then the problems might be self correcting. This is just adding proof that Activision and IW have become extremely lazy and fat from CoD, judging by how low rez and poor the textures are, just ignoring physics and destructive geometry completely, because they know there is this huge, rabid fan base that is hooked on the strangely lackluster multiplayer. This is similar to what was going on with Counter Strike until Valve just ended up not supporting it, preferring to move to other things. Maybe CoD is bad enough this time, so that this MP group will shift over to Battlefield 4, especially since Star Wars Battlefront is next.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    Battlefront is when? In 2015, 2016?

Administrator
    Yeah... that's just fantastic.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    And people say I'm a pessimist for no reason. Look at this $#@! multi-million dollar game frauding so badly. lol, wow

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Lol. Like I said, poor optimization on all fronts. This isn't a system problem this is a developer problem. Looks like this is going to be a problem for all systems alike. This is just a kick in the face considering how long they have been working with the same engine. I honestly hope they start to lose out on that dominance so we can start to see them actually try. They have been milking this cow for too long to be having these types of issues.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Why is it funny that the XBO version is still under embargo?
    I'll let you figure that one out for yourself!

have no idea if there is a discernible difference in this game, but as I said earlier, when a company staples it left testicle to the 60fps pillar, as IW has repeatedly told us, you best keep up the with pillar, least you get your nuts ripped off.
    Peddling the same $#@!ty engine is NOT acceptable when you take in more money than any other game franchise.
    That was sarcasm aimed at "journalists" defending the 1080p-720p fiasco saying there no noticeable difference but suddenly rags on PS4 performance for a slight drop in framerate, which from my understanding is now confirmed? on X1 as well.

Well, can we finally blame the DEVS?!?!! Cause it now appears that it's not HW performance problem (minus resolution) from either MS/SONY or even high spec rigs!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

That was sarcasm aimed at "journalists" defending the 1080p-720p fiasco saying there no noticeable difference but suddenly rags on PS4 performance for a slight drop in framerate, which from my understanding is now confirmed? on X1 as well.

Well, can we finally blame the DEVS?!?!! Cause it now appears that it's not HW performance problem (minus resolution) from either MS/SONY or even high spec rigs!
    I've always blamed the devs when it came to this game regardless.

18. Likes Sajuuk Khar likes this post
    Administrator
    I've honestly never liked this series... for reasons already stated in this thread... and the fact that the game itself is a very subpar shooter. I hope Destiny can satiate my hunger. The devs are lazy and just don't care. The fact that it's having issues on high end gaming PCs is unacceptable.

Apprentice

I've been on a break from the series for a while now. But I picked up Ghosts yesterday on PS4. I got it because a buddy got it, so we can play online. The definitive FPS for PS4 will be Killzone though.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank

Well that's the contemporary games press for you. They never know where they stand except hopefully someplace they can make a fuss. Reporting noticeable frame rate issues in a game is perhaps a viable criticism, if it detracts from enjoyment of the game. But no game critic should be bothering with 1080p compared with 720p. Leave that to technical pundits. You read good film critics complaining about the cinematography in a movie, but you don't read them bemoaning the exact grain type of the film stock on which the movie was shot. Not the good critics, anyway. Good ones review the movies, not the supplies used to make the movies.

Really, both mitigations of the technical issues are accurate enough. Most people playing a video game can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a TV that will reasonably fit in a residence. You have to get up to 40"-class for the human eye to even detect the difference in video at a nominal 10 feet of viewing distance. 32"-class TV sets with 1080p modes always make me laugh. They used to all be 720p. Because that's all that mattered at 32 inches. Now it's hard to sell them, or they're considered cheap-o HD sets, if they don't run at 1080p. 1080p in a 32"-class, even a 37"-class, TV set is purely a marketing checkpoint.

Frame rate drops from 60 only matter if they drop below 30. The whole point of achieving the so-called gold standard of 60 FPS is to always, no matter what, sustain 30 FPS, the rate at which pretty much no human eye can detect that it is actually watching refreshed frames. (Traditional projected film, it's 24 FPS; TV technology it's 30 FPS.) Some people say even a drop from 60 to 50 FPS, they notice, and it bothers them. It doesn't. 50 FPS compared to 60 FPS, anatomically, they can't possibly notice. What they notice, and what is a valid complaint and very well may interfere with gameplay, is the on-screen "stutter" that occurs when the rate dips, and also sometimes when it recovers. The actual frame rate, people with people eyes can't tell the difference at those rates, but the transition from one rate to another, they often can tell and it's often distracting.

Thread Information