Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 44 of 44
  1. #26
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,451
    Rep Power
    92
    Points
    16,721 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    That journo really went for it!

    BF4 and COD still have XB1 embargoes. kinda odd. PS4 lifted theirs days ago o_O
    What's even more odd is that embargo is lifted for the 360.... Weird!!! ALL console embargoes have been lifted EXCEPT ones on the X1

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    NDA doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. According to a dice developer, MS still has a NDA in place regarding hardware. This could get really interesting in about a week.
    Still hoping for that wizard to blow his magic load huh? Do you actually think MS NDA prevents dev from taking advantage of the HW? Do you think that once NDA is lifted, a magical creature from the balanced clouds will enter each and every X1 and put all those multiplat games on par with the PS4 offering? Time to get heads out of the clouds now because NDA is meant for secrecy, not for releasing the Kraken on products already shipped. Devs have the tools they are given to work with, the NDA just prevents them from TALKING about it, NOT prevent them from WORKING WITH IT!

    Let me ask you this, where is the power of the cloud now? Where did all the "balanced" HW lead to? Games do look good on X1, but there is no way lifting HW NDA will suddenly make the x1 on equal footing with the PS4 in power... Rain or shine!


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  2. #27
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,152
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    201,513 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    What's even more odd is that embargo is lifted for the 360.... Weird!!! ALL console embargoes have been lifted EXCEPT ones on the X1
    Sure, sure, a console being released a week later doesn't get its game embargo lifted till a week later.

    Shocking.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  3. #28
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,451
    Rep Power
    92
    Points
    16,721 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Sure, sure, a console being released a week later doesn't get its game embargo lifted till a week later.

    Shocking.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    So that's your take on the embargo "it releases a week later"? So IW lifts the embargo on all platforms except for one and it's because of release dates? Nothing to do with some pull from a certain company? Nothing at all?

    Sticking to your "one week later SHOCKING..." bit?

    I'll remind you that in some territories (EU/AU/BR) the X1 releases November 22nd, ONE WEEK EARLIER than PS4 in said territories.. By your "logic", the embargo should not have been lifted for PS4 either since it comes out a week later, or does your "logic" fail on this one? In any case, your argument, genius!!!


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  4. #29
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,152
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    201,513 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    So that's your take on the embargo "it releases a week later"? So IW lifts the embargo on all platforms except for one and it's because of release dates? Nothing to do with some pull from a certain company? Nothing at all?

    Sticking to your "one week later SHOCKING..." bit?

    I'll remind you that in some territories (EU/AU/BR) the X1 releases November 22nd, ONE WEEK EARLIER than PS4 in said territories.. By your "logic", the embargo should not have been lifted for PS4 either since it comes out a week later, or does your "logic" fail on this one? In any case, your argument, genius!!!
    MS put in place NDA's till a week before the XBO one comes out.
    Its not that hard to understand.
    These have been in place for a very long time, and all 3rd party devs have to stick to it.

    I really don't find what is so shocking about this.
    And why do you?
    Do you think there is some big cover up or conspiracy going on?

    And yeah, lets embargo reviews till two weeks after the PS4 comes out? I don't think so.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-06-2013 at 09:05.

  5. #30
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,451
    Rep Power
    92
    Points
    16,721 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    MS put in place NDA's till a week before the XBO one comes out.
    Its not that hard to understand.
    These have been in place for a very long time, and all 3rd party devs have to stick to it.

    I really don't find what is so shocking about this.
    And why do you?
    Do you think there is some big cover up or conspiracy going on?

    And yeah, lets embargo reviews till two weeks after the PS4 comes out? I don't think so.
    Do I think theres a big cover up or conspiracy? Lets see, ACTIVISION had a review embargo lifting on November 5th but MS MANDATTED a separate embargo for the ONE version. Care to explain WHY an embargo on 3rd party software, usually SET BY THEM and available on 6 (7?) platform has been mandated by the HW company (MS) to lift a week later on only one platform? Oh, release dates right?!?!

    Keep telling yourself that!

    Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  6. #31
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,152
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    201,513 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Console makers gag developers with NDAs regarding actual console power differ...

    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Do I think theres a big cover up or conspiracy? Lets see, ACTIVISION had a review embargo lifting on November 5th but MS MANDATTED a separate embargo for the ONE version. Care to explain WHY an embargo on 3rd party software, usually SET BY THEM and available on 6 (7?) platform has been mandated by the HW company (MS) to lift a week later on only one platform? Oh, release dates right?!?!

    Keep telling yourself that!

    Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
    All xbox one games are embargoed. Not just COD. It's not a special case. And no different to every other xbo game.

    Your looking for something that aint there.
    Seriously.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by mynd; 11-06-2013 at 09:41.

  7. #32
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    15,021
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    40,369 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    All xbox one games are embargoed. Not just COD. It's not a special case. And no different to every other xbo game.

    Your looking for something that aint there.
    Seriously.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ....lol Reminds me of someone harping on about Beer

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  8. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
  9. #33
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,685
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    18,223 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's clear that MS is trying to hide whatever technical issues that may exist with their games or hardware. Lifting the embargo 12 hours after launch...c'mon.


  10. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
  11. #34
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,006
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    6,026 (0 Banked)
    I remember complaining about these NDA's in the PS3/360 gen. It's just as bad as how the gaming media basically takes it from behind by these companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

    "Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

  12. #35
    Superior Member
    Malt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Darkest Wales
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    557
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    8,066 (0 Banked)
    It's not just IW and CoD, developer of Need for Speed:Rivals has said there is going to be a noticeable difference between next gen versions with one looking better than the other.. He wouldn't say which one though, being diplomatic or something else?

    http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/need_f...the_other.html

  13. #36
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,152
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    201,513 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    It's clear that MS is trying to hide whatever technical issues that may exist with their games or hardware. Lifting the embargo 12 hours after launch...c'mon.
    Who said that they were doing that?

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    ....lol Reminds me of someone harping on about Beer

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    There is a difference between a professional journalist raising concerns and conspiracy theorist waving the flag at one game when in fact they don't have all the facts.

    Unless you can prove that Beer was wrong, that they do have review PS4's, that HDMI capture isn't a pain in the ass to work around and that they don't have to have a Sony rep standing behind them while they review the games? Didn't think you could.
    Now, his reasons for that, meh, yeah that's conspiracy theory.
    But its a legitimate concern.

    On the other hand saying "they wont let us review a game for a console that isn't out for weeks yet" isn't either
    a/ surprising
    b/ concerning.

  14. #37
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,199
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    64,601 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post

    Still hoping for that wizard to blow his magic load huh? Do you actually think MS NDA prevents dev from taking advantage of the HW? Do you think that once NDA is lifted, a magical creature from the balanced clouds will enter each and every X1 and put all those multiplat games on par with the PS4 offering? Time to get heads out of the clouds now because NDA is meant for secrecy, not for releasing the Kraken on products already shipped. Devs have the tools they are given to work with, the NDA just prevents them from TALKING about it, NOT prevent them from WORKING WITH IT!

    Let me ask you this, where is the power of the cloud now? Where did all the "balanced" HW lead to? Games do look good on X1, but there is no way lifting HW NDA will suddenly make the x1 on equal footing with the PS4 in power... Rain or shine!
    I don't care what inside the machines either way. I was just commenting on what a developer said. I'll let you you guys "fight the power".All i see is multiple resolutions and unsteady frame rates for both. I guess you can call that equal footing....lol

  15. #38
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,208
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    46,230 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ^ Why? Wouldn't it be great if they had them about a week or 5 days before? Get people choosing which games. Not sure what they have to hide as FM5 and DR3 are looking good. And KI and Crimson Dragon sound decent too.

    Only thing that seems like a bit of a dud is Ryse, and so far that's mixed.

    Not really sure what stifling the reviews like that will accomplish.
    Be Together - Not the same.



  16. #39
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,152
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    201,513 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The review embargo lifts a full ten days before the console launch, unless the Xbox is suddenly now launching on the 12th?

  17. #40
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,208
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    46,230 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I was wondering that. Wouldn't make sense to have it on release date.
    Be Together - Not the same.



  18. #41
    Praetor Illuminatus
    Guest
    My thread got locked because of this? I posted a separate article and a Mod changed the title of this one.

    Que?

  19. #42
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,208
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    46,230 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor Illuminatus View Post
    My thread got locked because of this? I posted a separate article and a Mod changed the title of this one.

    Que?
    It was the same article and source.
    Be Together - Not the same.



  20. #43
    Dedicated Member
    sneezymarble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    4,365 (0 Banked)
    God, the way MS have treated PC gaming for the past decade...Valve has a real opportunity here.
    i7 4770 | EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX | 32GB
    i7 3770 |
    EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX | 16GB

  21. #44
    Praetor Illuminatus
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    It was the same article and source.
    Ahh. Cool then. I understand.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.