Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Xbox One suffers framerate stutters in COD Ghosts

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/xbo...sts-60354.html

I guess that question was answered a heck of a lot sooner than I thought. The very first footage of Call of Duty: Ghosts has gone live for the Xbox One thanks to YouTuber TmarTn. The footage is nothing special but a few key details in the footage reveals something that many gamers were slightly worried about since reports of PS4 frame rate issues went public.

So earlier today we noted how reports filed in about Call of Duty: Ghosts for the PlayStation 4 suffering from some frame drops throughout the gameplay, most notably during heavy set piece sequences, as noted by reviewers.

Well, the big question was if this was an isolated case with the PlayStation 4 or if the Xbox One would suffer the same problem... well, the Xbox One suffers the same problem.

DualShockers spotted the two new videos from TmarTn, which you can check out below. You'll notice that at the 0:44 mark in the first video there is frame stutter, and at the 0:45 mark in the second video you'll spot some of the frames dropping. You'll also get slight hints of continued frame drops throughout the second video when he makes quick movements (if you keep the resolution consistent).

Someone also made a gif of the stutter from the first video, which you can view right here.

Given that there is nothing graphically burdening happening in either video, the stutter and drops aren't easily noticeable unless you know what you're looking for and where. Even more than that, the “light” action happening on screen won't see the game dropping too massively, not like GTA V on the Xbox 360 and PS3, anyway.

As a few discerning voices noted after seeing the videos: if YouTube compression is limited to 30fps and the game runs at 60fps natively, any frame stutter (or the visible appearance of a dropped frame) would mean that technically the game dipped below 30fps for it to be visible in a YouTube video. Ouch. That does not bode well for the Xbox One at all.

This isn't some conspiracy to rag on the Xbox One but it is a confirmation that Call of Duty: Ghosts' poor performance on the PS4 isn't wholly owed to Sony's new generation console alone. This problem is a shared experience across both next-gen consoles. Funnily enough, there hasn't been any noteworthy mention of the Wii U dropping frames. Oh, the irony.

I would chalk up the launch issues with CoD: Ghosts on the new consoles from Microsoft and Sony as “teething” issues as hinted at by Thuway following Albert Penello's damage control thread over the Xbox One's resolution issues.

Nevertheless, if you're getting frame stutter on a next-gen console, just keep in mind you'll be getting that stutter at native 1080p on the PlayStation 4 and 720p on the Xbox One. Also, don't hold out hope for a patch to upgrade the game from 720p to native 1080p because Infinity Ward says it's not likely possible at all.

Reviews for Call of Duty: Ghosts on every platform except the Xbox One are available right now. The Xbox One reviews of the game will be eligible for print following the lift of Microsoft's embargo beginning November 12th.
    Last edited by Brandon; 11-06-2013 at 04:54.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    They're making it seem like this is some huge gigantic frame rate drop. Not only that... but it's incredibly hard to tell if the problem with the video isn't simply YouTube's crappy compression algorithm and the fact that you can't submit a video to YouTube higher than 30 fps. YouTube is garbage for HD videos, imo.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Banned

so am I to take it that reviewers found fault with PS4 version and someone found fault with an Xbox video. so that automatically means Xbox has same problem.

ok.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    so am I to take it that reviewers found fault with PS4 version and someone found fault with an Xbox video. so that automatically means Xbox has same problem.

ok.
    PS4, XB1 and PC are all having reported issues. It's alright. Don't panic. Of course, we won't know for sure as XB1 is the last console to have it's embargo still up...for some strange reason.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    PS4, XB1 and PC are all having reported issues. It's alright. Don't panic. Of course, we won't know for sure as XB1 is the last console to have it's embargo still up...for some strange reason.
    of course we don't know about Xbox.but we do know about it struggling on PS4.

I'm sure mistercrow will be here with the bad news, should the Xbox version turn out as bad.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    It is not struggling on any system because the systems are crummy and slow. Its struggling because of bugs.

Friendship is Carrots
    ^ Indeed. This is entirely Infinity Ward's fault. No hardware is to be blamed for this.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    I'm not a techie, but could this be the symptom of an old game engine being forced past its limitations by having to render so much more detail than it did in previous gens? Do the PS3 and 360 versions suffer like this?

Friendship is Carrots
    Nah. The game doesn't even look that great. Even the PC version at max looks about as good as previous Call of Duty's. This is a case of poor optimization and development all around.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome

ok.
    They are all having issues. This strictly rests on the shoulders of IW. Nothing more.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    180 degree turning caused slideshow mode. Might just be youtube but... Turning is pretty crucial in MP.

btw dude must have some form of ADHD, he won't shut up. Not even to pause for breath!
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Why aren't xbone reviews for Ghosts up? Thanks

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I saw the same article with ps4 in the title as well.
    The game is a piss poor upscaled current gen port rather than downscaling a next gen game (like BF4 and watchdogs etc)
    Last edited by Itachi; 11-06-2013 at 18:43.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    They are on embargo. I guess until the system releases.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    They are on embargo. I guess until the system releases.
    Ah right, wondered why I couldn't find anything. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    Because MS wont lift the embargo until launch day.

Superior Member
    Edit

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Honestly, these problems aren't really exclusive to any console, since all versions have problems.

COD gonna COD...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    Honestly, these problems aren't really exclusive to any console, since all versions have problems.

COD gonna COD...
    shall we wait until the reviews before we decide if "all" version's have problems?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    shall we wait until the reviews before we decide if "all" version's have problems?
    You're only going to be left disappointed thinking that the xbone will be immune to these issues. It's struggling to beat out last gen(720p) and high end pc's can't run the game flawlessly. IW screwed up.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

21. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    Honestly, these problems aren't really exclusive to any console, since all versions have problems. COD gonna COD...
    Yep, even high end PCs are having similar problems with it from what I've been reading.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    You're only going to be left disappointed thinking that the xbone will be immune to these issues. It's struggling to beat out last gen(720p) and high end pc's can't run the game flawlessly. IW screwed up.
    Last statement says it all. If the game doesn't even run right on a $1000 graphics card then that says it all.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    ...nvm....I have nothing to say about this game anymore. Had another rant incoming

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yep, even high end PCs are having similar problems with it from what I've been reading.
    Correct. Even with 2 Titans in SLI modus this $#@!ing game has framerate drops lol. Itīs just an unoptimized mess. IW had properly not enough time to polish this game for all 6 platforms. They only got 150 people working on that title iirc. Expect some heavy updates after launch that could fix some problems or just wait for the next CoD (itīs already announced from Activision *yay*)

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    They put a minimum requirement of 6GB RAM fo PC version but people can run it quite well with 4GB if they use a modified .exe, one that doesn't lock them out when they start the game.

Thread Information