Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! TV!

Hybrid View

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style

Help! TV!

I want a new TV for my (hopefully) new edition PS4. I was lookin' at this. I'm ballin' on a budget and thought this would be a great come-up, ya dig?

Link

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Sage

Not bad though I think you can do better. I'd like to know what your budget is and go from there.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Yeah hit us up with the budget, yo.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    What size are you after? Might be worth looking at a big screen monitor if you intend on using it solely for your PS4, the ones I've seen are generally cheaper than the equivalent sized TV's.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I'm lookin' for a '32 to 40'

I heard its better the smaller you play on, no? And I'm lookin' to spend like no more than $450.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post

I heard its better the smaller you play on, no? And I'm lookin' to spend like no more than $450.
    Nah man. Bigger is always better. At least that's what the ladies say. Just don't sacrifice quality for size. I think you can get a decent 40" TV for your price range.

Forum Sage
    I want a new TV for my (hopefully) new edition PS4. I was lookin' at this. I'm ballin' on a budget and thought this would be a great come-up, ya dig?

Link

http://store.vizio.com/mseries/m321ia2.html

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M321i-A2.../dp/B00C5B1844

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Depends where its going and how far you sit fromt he screen. If in bedroom then 32-40 is ample I say.

If you ddint buy so many shoes....
    Last edited by keefy; 11-06-2013 at 17:10.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Thanks for all the help fellas! 60hz or 120hz which is better? I'm hearing 60 is better, but I'll hear it from my PSU fam.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Sage
    Thanks for all the help fellas! 60hz or 120hz which is better? I'm hearing 60 is better, but I'll hear it from my PSU fam.

Better to have the 120hz option, and not need it than to not have it and need it.

Most lcd tv's have $#@! motion resolution without the higher frequency options.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    The best would be to have the option of switching back and forth between 60 and 120. A lot of TVs only have one set option... and that's horrible. I can't stand watching movies in 120 mode... it makes them look like a sped up BBC documentary or something.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    The best would be to have the option of switching back and forth between 60 and 120. A lot of TVs only have one set option... and that's horrible. I can't stand watching movies in 120 mode... it makes them look like a sped up BBC documentary or something.
    That effect isn't the refresh rate of the TV, which can't be changed. That's a smoothing effect most brands have under different names. Most, if not all, can turn the effect off. My TV has it but I keep it off because I also hate the soap opera look of it. That being said, I'd get 120hz if possible. Better motion handling which can help some of the blur you get with LCDs.

I recently bought a Vizio M series, which I'm pretty happy with overall. I usually overlooked the Vizios, but the M series LED LCDs had good reviews and I liked the look in the store so I got it. It's a smart TV, has passive 3d (not sure if the smaller models do, though) and has 240hz (although I think it's really 120hz with some software BS to call it 240). It had a lot more features than any other TVs in it's price range. The only downside to the TV, which is something you find with most edge-lit LED LCDs, is uneven blacks on dark scenes and flashlighting on dark scenes with bright objects in the middle.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Is Vizio any good? We don't have that brand here, I'd say Bravia I love my LCD the colours are very natural and all my media loads in the side.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Is Vizio any good? We don't have that brand here, I'd say Bravia I love my LCD the colours are very natural and all my media loads in the side.
    Vizio is like the luxury brand among the cheap brands. It's the best of the cheap, but there are much better options out there. They're not bad TVs, though.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Forum Sage
    Vizio is like the luxury brand among the cheap brands. It's the best of the cheap, but there are much better options out there. They're not bad TVs, though.
    Not unless you are willing to pay several thousands of dollars. And if you are going to spend that much, you might a well get a decent plasma.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Not unless you are willing to pay several thousands of dollars. And if you are going to spend that much, you might a well get a decent plasma.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to.

Forum Sage
    I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to.
    Getting a better lcd tv than that Vizio.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Getting a better lcd tv than that Vizio.
    I wasn't recommending he get a Vizio. I'd rather save up and get a better TV than regret buying something inferior. And considering it's something you purchase once every few years (or more), it's worth it.

Administrator
    It's like you're arguing with yourself. You're bringing up things I didn't say followed by a counter argument. This isn't going anywhere.

Forum Sage
    It's like you're arguing with yourself. You're bringing up things I didn't say followed by a counter argument. This isn't going anywhere.
    I wasn't recommending he get a Vizio. I'd rather save up and get a better TV than regret buying something inferior. And considering it's something you purchase once every few years (or more), it's worth it.

Administrator
    What point are you trying to make by quoting me? I don't even know what conversation we're having. I said Vizio is okay as far as cheap TV brands go, but that there are much better options out there. Then you went on about spending thousands of dollars on a plasma in a context that implied I was talking about plasmas, which I wasn't. I was just talking about other brands being a better option. That's why I'm confused. There are better quality TVs than Vizio that don't require spending 2 grand on a TV. I never even brought up plasmas.

Forum Sage
    What point are you trying to make by quoting me? I don't even know what conversation we're having. I said Vizio is okay as far as cheap TV brands go, but that there are much better options out there. Then you went on about spending thousands of dollars on a plasma in a context that implied I was talking about plasmas, which I wasn't. I was just talking about other brands being a better option. That's why I'm confused. There are better quality TVs than Vizio that don't require spending 2 grand on a TV. I never even brought up plasmas.
    I was talking about lcd's, not plasmas. I made the point that if one was to spend the money on a lcd that was supposedly better than the vizio, they might as well buy a plasma since it would be around the same price as the lcd that was better than the vizio, while being better than said lcd.

No, not regarding lcd's. They only real upgrade from the vizio would be very high end sony/samsung lcd's. Which do tend cost ~$2k+

Administrator

Help! TV!

That's your opinion, yes. I've seen much better picture quality on Sony/Samsung/Panasonic TVs than any Vizio I've seen and it doesn't take 2 grand to do so. Also, I don't know why you keep saying "2 grand" or more. The only plasmas I've seen that cost that much are the 60-65" 3D TVs. I don't know where you're shopping.

Forum Sage
    That's your opinion, yes. I've seen much better picture quality on Sony/Samsung/Panasonic TVs than any Vizio I've seen and it doesn't take 2 grand to do so. Also, I don't know why you keep saying "2 grand" or more. The only plasmas I've seen that cost that much are the 60-65" 3D TVs. I don't know where you're shopping.
    No, that's straight from cnet.

Thread Information