Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    People are seriously getting this angry about 18 seconds of reused motion cap? Good god man. If this offends you, maybe you should re-evaluate what is important in your life.
    It is sad how obvious it is

tapatalk post

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    It is sad how obvious it is

tapatalk post
    if only it was limited to just 18 secs

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    People are seriously getting this angry about 18 seconds of reused motion cap? Good god man. If this offends you, maybe you should re-evaluate what is important in your life.
    Eighteen seconds? I thought it was only SIXTEEN seconds. SIXTEEN I could understand. But EIGHTEEN? Boy, now I am pissed off. Then again, though, it seems I may be dumb and there's no accounting for what's going to piss off a dumb ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    if only it was limited to just 18 secs
    In Rodney King's apparently more mortal words than we'd expected, "Why can't we all just get along?"
    Last edited by Itachi; 11-10-2013 at 19:33.

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    In Rodney King's apparently more mortal words than we'd expected, "Why can't we all just get along?"
    The quotation mark icon in the lower right of posts enables multi-quoting. So you can reply to multiple people in the same post.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    The quotation mark icon in the lower right of posts enables multi-quoting. So you can reply to multiple people in the same post.
    I know. Out of personal preference I don't multi-quote unless a forum restricts consecutive posts by the same author to the same thread. It just feels noisy to me. But if it's the preferred method of responding to more than one post here at the same time, I'll start using it.

Oh, and I like COD so I'm dumb, remember? Yes, indeed, I am going to ride that horse right into the ground.

Veteran
    No. I don't care nor comment about how people use or abuse grammar on the Internet -- it's a casual medium. I make an exception when you employ that astoundingly bad grammar in a post explicitly describing fans of a certain sort of video game as dumb. Further, implying that you in eschewing such common gaming fare are smart, WHICH you ably demonstrated you likely are not.

What irks me about your post is that you really believe your own bull$#@!. You really believe that by definition COD franchise fans are dumb, certainly less intelligent than you, and lacking proper taste in games. That's fine if you want to try and make that case but you can at least bother which-hunting your baseless presumptions.
    I guess I should have said most and added kids after dumb, so yeah it is mostly aimed towards dumb kids. And you're right though, I didn't mean every single person who likes or enjoys COD is dumb, but like I said since most COD gamers don't care about getting the same recycled game over and over then they're going to keep on giving them to them the same way as long as they keep making that much money.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    but like I said since most COD gamers don't care about getting the same recycled game over and over then they're going to keep on giving them to them the same way as long as they keep making that much money.
    Now that I totally agree with. If we COD players at some point want some serious innovation we're going to have to stop buying the annual installments. A ton of money is going to trump risky gameplay changes almost every time.

Thanks for getting my point about how you made yours. I'm not dumb because I like COD and at least for now I'm satisfied with what they release every year and really enjoy it for entertainment. You're not dumb because you used casual grammar in a casual medium. I think a lot of gamers who don't like COD lash out at gamers who do because they're worried all that revenue for that sort of game is going to drive publishers more and more to funding development of the same old thing every time. It becomes a nearly certain gold mine return on investment. That's a legitimate concern. But it happens in all entertainment media. Cash cows shove out unique new projects. I buy and enjoy a lot of sleeper hits and quirky little games, too, and I hope spreading my money around helps contribute to leaving room for both the big blockbusters and small gems to make money.

8. Likes daLa likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...Wow, and to think I was nearly excited for this thing back at the reveal.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    Well.. I got the game and this is the first COD game I bought (been BF fan for years).

Is that really bad for a COD newbie?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by bat0nas View Post
    Well.. I got the game and this is the first COD game I bought (been BF fan for years).

Is that really bad for a COD newbie?
    No. It's probably the most refined of the COD games principally developed under the Infinity Ward brand. The complaint is that they recycled too many assets from previous games. Being new to the franchise, you'll only notice what longtime franchise followers point out, and even then it won't bother you. I'm not exactly freaked out about any of this and I've played COD games all the way back since the original PC game. It's a very different game than it was then and it's contemporarily expected to deliver the same experience with small refinements. A lot like most annually released sports games. If we got the Dome map layout by a different name it's probably because most of us wanted the Dome map. It's not uncommon for online multiplayer games to include, as stock or bonus, legacy maps from previous versions. The complaint here is that Strikezone is fundamentally similar, perhaps even essentially the same in terms of gameplay, to the old Dome map, it's included in the "new" map count for Ghosts, but it was never declared to be a revamp of the Dome map. Some people feel a little bit cheated since it wasn't explicitly declared. Some people feel outright enraged and ripped off. Most of the people who feel enraged and ripped off, they don't buy COD games, anyway.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The game is fun, and really good. Offline and on. Money well spent.

13. Likes sanfordmay likes this post
    Veteran
    You missed this:

http://eskimopress.com/news/games/it...-textured-maps
    Call of Duty: Ghosts Uses Recycled And Re-textured Maps
    Ghosts uses an almost identical map from MW. If the map was a classic, more decent publishers would issue a "classic" map as free DLC, not try to disguise it as a major "new" MP map.

Not only that, CoD has the same glitch exploits going back years and years. Some weak gamers like that because they can keep using the same exploits year after year.

This is Activision. I am never going to forget how Activision ruined the Spiderman games. There was one Spiderman game they came out with, not too bad on consoles, but they made the PC version a platformer. Oh man, the wailing was loud with that one and essentially killed Spiderman games for the PC.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    You missed this:

Ghosts uses an almost identical map from MW. If the map was a classic, more decent publishers would issue a "classic" map as free DLC, not try to disguise it as a major "new" MP map.

Not only that, CoD has the same glitch exploits going back years and years. Some weak gamers like that because they can keep using the same exploits year after year.

This is Activision. I am never going to forget how Activision ruined the Spiderman games. There was one Spiderman game they came out with, not too bad on consoles, but they made the PC version a platformer. Oh man, the wailing was loud with that one and essentially killed Spiderman games for the PC.
    No, I saw that. I intentionally ignored it. The overview of the map is very similar. When you are on the ground in the map it is very different. Elevations, obstacles and pathways are all different in Strike Zone than they were in Dome.

Only on a very basic level are they similar. They don't play the same at all.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    No, I saw that. I intentionally ignored it. The overview of the map is very similar. When you are on the ground in the map it is very different. Elevations, obstacles and pathways are all different in Strike Zone than they were in Dome.

Only on a very basic level are they similar. They don't play the same at all.
    That's my impression, too. As a matter of fact, I was always like, "Damn, it's Dome, because I was doing so well." In Ghosts I think, "Oh, good, Strike Zone." Noticeably missing is everyone lobbing grenades across the map the minute the match starts. As of matter of fact, Dome was probably, perhaps certainly, the map that made them put in the few seconds of "dud delay" on lethal special equipment after the match starts. God help you if you didn't run like hell when you spawned the first time on either side of Dome. It only got a little better as the match wore on.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    The whole SERIES has been rehashed the last few years. I really hope that BF4 will capture a huge portion of CoD's user base now that it's 64p/60fps on next gen systems.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FaLLeNMoNkEy
    I don't see the big deal here. I will still buy Call of Duty Ghosts for the PS4 and thoroughly enjoy it. Period.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by FaLLeNMoNkEy View Post
    I don't see the big deal here. I will still buy Call of Duty Ghosts for the PS4 and thoroughly enjoy it. Period.
    Yeah I made the point above that it seems the people by far the most bent out of shape by these reports are people who don't buy or play COD games. I guess they're morally outraged in our behalf. To which I say, Gee, thanks for all the nice cards and letters, but, really, I'm fine.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah I made the point above that it seems the people by far the most bent out of shape by these reports are people who don't buy or play COD games. I guess they're morally outraged in our behalf. To which I say, Gee, thanks for all the nice cards and letters, but, really, I'm fine.
    It just shows how creatively drained the devs are of this franchise. These devs are stuck on CoD, but they could be doing something new. Annualization has just diluted a once great franchise and restricted these talented devs.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Elite Member
    Call Of Duty is obviously not for everyone but if they buy it for the gameplay then this is why I see its so successful, for those who hates the laziness of COD maps or that copy an paste scene I agree its laziness, but im still buying the game because I like the gameplay an some users are going to enjoy it no matter what cause nobody takes notice of the same layout until someone makes a thread about it like this one :/ hardly ever a bad think to enjoy the game isit?

22. Likes sanfordmay likes this post

Thread Information